THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Eridanus - The Path of Souls - Main Stars
(Cursa to Achenar (originally ended at Acamar))
No. - Name - HD - HIP - ly to Sol - Ingame name
01 β Eri 33111 23875 89 Cursa
02 ω Eri 31109 22701 227 61 Omega Eridani
03 μ Eri 30211 22109 532 57 Mu Eridani
04 ν Eri 29248 21444 586 48 Nu Eridani
05 ο1 Eri 26574 19587 125 Beid
06 γ Eri 25025 18543 221 Zaurak
07 π Eri 23614 17593 497 26 Pi Eridani
08 δ Eri 23249 17378 29 Rana
09 ε Eri 22049 16537 10 Epsilon Eridani
10 ζ Eri 20320 15197 120 Zibal
11 η Eri 18322 13701 133 Azha
12 τ1 Eri 17206 12843 46 Tau-1 Eridani
13 τ2 Eri 17824 13288 183 Angetenar
14 τ3 Eri 18978 14146 86 Tau-3 Eridani
15 τ4 Eri 20720 15474 258 16 Tau-4 Eridani
16 τ5 Eri 22203 16611 296 19 Tau-5 Eridani
17 τ6 Eri 23754 17651 58 Tau-6 Eridani
18 τ9 Eri 25267 18673 331 36 Tau-9 Eridani
19 υ1 Eri 29085 21248 124 50 Upsilon-1 Eridani
20 υ2 Eri 29291 21393 209 Theemim
21 υ3 Eri 28028 20535 273 43 D Eridani
22 υ4 Eri 27376 20042 178 41 Upsilon-4 Eridani
23 HD 24160 24160 17874 210 G Eridani
24 HD 23319 23319 17351 178 H Eridani
25 HD 22663 22663 16870 219 Y Eridani
26 82 G. Eri 20794 15510 20 82 Eridani
27 θ1 Eri 18622 13847 161 Acamar
28 ι Eri 16815 12486 145 Iota Eridani
29 HD 16754 16754 12413 130 S Eridani
30 κ Eri 15371 11407 528 Kappa Eridani
31 φ Eri 14228 10602 155 Phi Eridani
32 χ Eri 11937 9007 57 Chi Eridani
33 Achernar 10144 7588 144 Achenar

Nice! Have you checked the Galmap against this link (or SIMBAD), as there are quite a few other stars in the Eridanus constellation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stars_in_Eridanus

Also, if it is the Eridanus Galaxy Cluster, we're screwed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eridanus_Cluster

And don't forget Fornax! http://www.wallhapp.com/eridanus

And just for Han Zen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eridanos_(river_of_Hades)

Last edited:
You know I can't answer that question. ;)

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. ;) We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.

Elite wouldn't have held my interest for this long without your contributions Drew. It's these evolving stories and mysteries that really add life to the simulation and make Elite and its community so unique.

No one would be salty if they were apathetic to these stories. From a certain perspective that, in and of itself, is a validation. Thanks for all your hard work! I look forward to participating as events continue to unfold.

You know I can't answer that question. ;)

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. ;) We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew....

One thing sticks with me in your clues.... "Core" of the problem....

Rebecca heads for the "Core"....

As I have learnt more about Greek mythology in the last few days than I though I would in my life...

Anything in Greek Mythology related to the constant references to the Core?

Someone from the underworld perhaps? mentioned in Salomé Galnet posts?

A Planet in the Sol System?

Drew....

As I have learnt more about Greek mythology in the last few days than I though I would in my life...

Peresphone was also known as Kore.

Hope this is of some use.

Drew....

I can only think of this when you mention Core and Greek in the same sentence - http://www.mythologydictionary.com/core-mythology.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persephone :)

Edit: Just looked at Persephone on the GalMap - ELW called 'Kore' :)

Last edited:
Drew....

Achenar is one end of the Eridanus river, perhaps. Also where Kahina/Salome and Hassan were last seen trying to pillage Imperial databases for info on the Rift mystery before disappearing.

Ok, i reached the ship after the hardest journey ever in this game. Yeah, i am new but this still was work. I took the direct line from farsight to it. Sure not smart, but i made it and i am proud of it.

2 jumps out i invited a fellow CMDR who is in the bubble to see it. Well, he did. kinda. My scanner would not work until relog. And then he would not get the messages. But that was my plan! Gettin the few people i know here out to see it. Show them why i even went out here, and am not interested in making money(for what?).

Oh well, i'll stay here for today, and even a couple of hours tomorrow. Just to show it to people who live in the bubble and won't even think about taking that trip. But then... I don't know... I guess i have to find a new goal. I am sure i will. Just feels kinda odd, now that this is over.

Well, there is the 29th. Who knows what that brings upon us.

cya all o/

I can only think of this when you mention Core and Greek in the same sentence - http://www.mythologydictionary.com/core-mythology.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persephone :)

Edit: Just looked at Persephone on the GalMap - ELW called 'Kore' :)

It's where Salome had her ship outfitted with the experimental fuel scoop...

But I think you could look closer, to Paethon's Reach (son of Helios (Sol), he lost control of the Sun Chariot).

Check out the last planet in Sol.... Perhaps the core of the core? ;-)

More straw clutching...

if fi(o) indicates the fibonacci sequence starting at zero...then (10,7,5,3) => 34, 8, 3, 1. sum that and you get 46

There is a 46 Eridani in game...

Not sure where the DB-IB comes into all that. :S

(\(\;;/)/)

*edit: further straw clutching if DB+IB = 'us' then is DB-IB 'i' so if you replace the us in Eridanus with i you get Eridani?

Last edited:
It's where Salome had her ship outfitted with the experimental fuel scoop...

But I think you could look closer, to Paethon's Reach (son of Helios (Sol), he lost control of the Sun Chariot).

Check out the last planet in Sol.... Perhaps the core of the core? ;-)

Fuel scoop (which turned out to be a fake) was fitted at Persephone STATION in Avalon system.

More straw clutching...

if fi(o) indicates the fibonacci sequence starting at zero...then (10,7,5,3) => 34, 8, 3, 1. sum that and you get 46

There is a 46 Eridani in game...

Not sure where the DB-IB comes into all that. :S

(\(\;;/)/)

Well, Braben and Bell did the original Elite. If you take it literally and subtract Bell, you get Frontier: Elite 2, the first Elite game he did without Bell. Drew made a comment on Twitter somewhere that it is not completely crazy to perhaps think about looking in old game manuals for clues related to this. Han Zen, Han Zen, where are you - time to search the manuals and journals again!

Any Eridani systems mentioned in the old journals for example?

Last edited:
Not much to be confused about. People are upset because it's looking a lot like the Formidine Rift mystery is a conspiracy covering up that Aliens are gonna invade. I don't know what other secrets Drew has hidden around, might be an alien planet, or a stargate to another galaxy that they're gonna use to come through. Who knows (other than Drew).

The problem some have is that we already knew Aliens were gonna invade. That's been pretty obvious for a while. So if that's it, if the whole thing is just proof of aliens and that they're coming. Well, that was going to happen regardless. And not much of a mystery.

Even if it is as simple as "aliens are gonna invade" (which I don't necessarily think it is), that still opens up a ton of questions. How could they know? Who has the resources to set up a mass exodus in such a stealthy manner? Why/where are aliens "invading?" Ignoring all the links that have been made between Exodus, Sirius, and the Pleiades, aliens invading is still a huge plot development with major implications. I think people are upset because because there wasn't a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, just more questions.

Last edited:
Fuel scoop (which turned out to be a fake) was fitted at Persephone STATION in Avalon system.

Yes, apologies it's late here and I was using my memory.... However it was fake after she disappeared and then turned up at beagles point in a different ship where an experimental fuel scoop would have helped getting there...and back...

Checked my notes and she went here...

Places Salomé visited (Galnet)...

Sol
Mars High
a tour of the outer gas giants in the Sol system
Earth
Cambridge spaceport
London
Avalon, Peresphone Station
Achenar, Capitol
Ceeckia ZQ-L c24-0, 'Beagle Point'
Cemiess
Achenar, Capitol
Prism
Daibo
Darnielle's Progress

P.S.What else did she leave...? Tiara and Dark Wheel symbol..... They have more involvement to come....

Top Bottom