THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

The recent discovery has certainly lead to my my trust in terms of Salome and CoR (already very low) dipping to 0. Keep in mind, CoR folks, this is purely in-game RP, so no need to go on any sort of defensive. I just naturally trust no one, though I will make an effort to turn up for the end, and may even fire a shot or two, if I deem it is a good idea. At whom, however...

Z...

Could you please explain how this discovery changed your mind about Salomé? At this point she wasn't involved, or am I missing something?

The video clue has been deciphered It was reported on twitter this morning by Scarlet, but it's not clear if she worked it out or someone else did. If someone can chime in with who worked it out I'll give them the credit. :)

The answer was 46 Eridani.

Cheers,

Drew.

Drew man... These puzzles... All that was 46? This is way beyond your usual game fare. This is some Mensa level stuff. I see these and start sweating uncontrollably ;_;

It's at times like these that I share the sentiment that your puzzles are really inaccessible.

Last edited:
Could you please explain how this discovery changed your mind about Salomé? At this point she wasn't involved, or am I missing something?

It didn't "change" my mind. I already had very little trust. As I said, keep in mind this is purely an RP point of view. As a character in a novel, I find her fascinating, but as a person, living in same Universe as my CMDR, she basically threw a hissy fit, went back to "take back what was hers", so to speak, killed thousands in the process, then proceeded to fob off her people, handed over the reigns to someone else (this was already done, why throw everything into chaos to do it again?), and go galavanting throughout the galaxy in her shiny modified Clipper.

Then we have her as the figurehead of CoR, a shadowy and secretive organisation (when it suits them), who pick and choose how information is controlled, not unlike the powers that be that got us all into this whole thing to begin with.

Z...

Last edited:
I've been informed that Spider0095[IDK if this is his CMDR name or not] from DJTruthsayer's stream was one of the fellows to fit the final piece of the puzzle in by solving for DB-IB = I / Eridani. I figured out the part where you needed to add the proper numbers in the fibonacci sequences to get 46. Some other folks figured out the rest, but I don't remember who as it was quite some time ago :C
I'm doing my best to give credit where credit is due, but some folks arrived to the same answers. Apparently even coming up with this same system earlier in the week, it just wasn't reported.

Last edited:
Outstanding work, commanders! This has been an epic journey. Really great work by the whole Elite Dangerous community.

Thank you for the opportunity to capture the following:
tumblr_ooncg2rYoH1wns9vfo1_1280.png

I do not believe this is the end, but only a beginning.

o7

It didn't "change" my mind. I already had very little trust. As I said, keep in mind this is purely an RP point of view. As a character in a novel, I find her fascinating, but as a person, living in same Universe as my CMDR, she basically threw a hissy fit, went back to "take back what was hers", so to speak, killed thousands in the process, then proceeded to fob off her people, hand over the reigns to someone else (this was already done, why throw everythig into chaos to do it again?), and go galavanting throughout the galaxy in her shiny modified Clipper.

Then we have her as the figurehead of CoR, a shadowy and secretive organisation (when it suits them), who pick and choose how information is controlled, not unlike the powers that be that got us all into this whole thing to begin with.

Z...

Ah, okay, thanks.

I consider her a whistle blower, some kind of a Edward Snowden.
I agree she is a shade of black and white, with overtones of self importance - part of me wishes her demise as well for the simply reason she cheated death too many times. On the other hand, she is an interesting character and perhaps Drew would have more options with continuing the story if she survives.

Last edited:
Maybe we need to go back in the Fibonacci series as far as possible, i.e. 11,654,665,1319,1984,3303,5287,8590,13877,22467, now the sum of the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 10th number is 30403. The HIP 30403 is also known as HD 44475 which is a system in game.

Or is there a system located at 03,04,03?

- - - Updated - - -

does not work :( won't even start scanning. trying relog...

Assign it to a fire group, deploy your hardpoints, select the data point. Fire the scanner.

Else relog! :)

Drew chooses his names well, so there is a hint there.
I'm not sure about 'imminent' but possibly 'inevitable'. This mega-ship was sent out in 3270 and it is now 3303, after all

Aye, but whilst I didn't mention it at the time, haven't I heard that the beacons have been lit...?

Sorry, I was putting other things together in my head too.

The Fibonacci sequence starting at zero. It goes like this
I added the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th numbers, 1+3+8+34= 46

I had it all this time! But as simple minded as i am i took it the wrong way. Here's my Fibonacci sequence
f0 f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 f10
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55

so all this time i had 55+13+5+2=75
Well, anyway, congrats. Great job.

Awesome work! So, now we have the starting system (probably). Now I know where to park my Courier ;)

I'll make a private bet with you now. I'm betting on someone moving a comet/asteroid in the Sol system. If I'm wrong I owe you 100k in gold, If I'm right you owe nothing. ok?

Top Bottom