THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Yeah - any of you guys remember an old game called "Starflight"? Story was that your sun was gonna flare and kill everyone in the system, so you needed to explore the nearby systems and find suitrable planets to colonise - you scanned planetary surfaces and if the gravity, hydrosphere and atmosphere seemed good, you could log it as a potential colony world for cash. You could also land on planet surfaces and mine materials. And every so often you'd encounter alien ruins with messages often pointing you in the direction of some other system, a relic of a lost ancient civilisation. There were also alien races to communicate with, who would sell you information about potential locations of alien ruins and artifacts. It was one of the greatest games I ever played, the only downside was that it was fairly limited in scale. There's SO much opportunity for Elite Dangerous to work similar aspects into the game, but it's all squandered. I hope they fix it and at least offer clues for us to find stuff. I LOVE spending time (hours, days even weeks) trying to decipher clues or investigating leads. I HATE spending even HALF that time searching aimlessly when I don't even know if the thing I'm looking for exists.

EDIT: There was an AMAZING twist in the story in Starflight once you'd gathered enough information about the ancients too...

Got the original cib Amiga version! Never finished it!

Visited the Zurara, and noticed that the ship always pointed in the same direction. So I targeted the stars which where closest to the line of sight of the Zurara, there are two of the stars which were the closest. I explored both systems but found nothing.
Just has this hunch that there is still something around there to be found.
dW5KKhR.jpg

3KRZtlT.jpg

Last edited:
Visited the Zurara, and noticed that the ship always pointed in the same direction. So I targeted the stars which where closest to the line of sight of the Zurara, there are two of the stars which were the closest. I explored both systems but found nothing.
Just has this hunch that there is still something around there to be found.
https://i.imgur.com/dW5KKhR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3KRZtlT.jpg

Did you do that for the reverse direction? Maybe there’s something to be found where she came from? Although the book said she died at her last cargo drop point the details dont match in-game. With the lack of correction/elucidation we just thought it was further evidence that FD don’t really care about the storylines or game depth.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Lately this thread has begun to drift a lot into a smattering of general exploration discussion and as such as lost focus on the Rift. In addition, as there isn't a lot of new activity with the Rift Mystery, this thread has been closed and de-stickied.

Please do continue Rift and other exploration topics in new threads, and in particular the dedicated Elite Exploration forum (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/117-Exploration)

Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't the formidine rift been "solved" with the discovery of the Zurara, and that in turn was put in context by the posthumous message from Salomé?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't the formidine rift been "solved" with the discovery of the Zurara, and that in turn was put in context by the posthumous message from Salomé?
No. There are still residuals. Who exactly is "The Club"? and are they still manipulating things behind the scene?

Their should be other shipwrecks too (Anaconda's, a Sidewinder), none found so far. And their should be beacons around ELWs & terraformables, none of those found either! Are they deactivated, waiting to be activated by The club?
Btw, people have searched for the beacons with the FSS around ELWs between the Zuara & the Dynasty bases, none found yet, though their could still be undiscovered planets in that large area of space.

Btw, all threads were unlocked when this new forum was started. No special reason this one was unlocked I'm afraid.

Erm, no offence, but why was this humongous thread suddenly moved into the Exploration forum? Lore or the Xeno (Thargoids & Guardians) would be better places for it.

Top Bottom