The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

If you're adding astrophotography credits now, I made a list earlier of who contributed the deep space outpost photos that you asked for:
Attenborough's Watch: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Beta Site: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Darwin Research Facility: Ozric
Elephant's Trunk Mine: CMDR Marx
Flaming Star Logistics Centre: mienamoo
Gagarin Gate: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Gorgon Research Facility: mienamoo
Hell Port: CMDR Marx
Hind Mine: mienamoo
Iris Vacations: CMDR Marx
Kashyapa: by Baton
Mahon Research Base: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Mammon Monitoring Facility: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Medusa's Rock: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Morgan's Rock: CMDR Heavy Johnson
New Beginning: Lhynn
New Growth: CMDR Baroness Galaxy
Observation Post Epsilon: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Omega Mining Operation: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Ring Mine: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Sacaqawea Space Port: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Sadr Logistics Depot: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Sagan Research Centre: Psypher
Station X: CMDR Ozric
Witch Head Science Centre: mienamoo

Also, just noticed some typos in the Kashyapa entry: "spectacular Ringed" -> "spectacular ringed", "1G" -> "1 g", "colonized by Chapterhouse" -> "colonized by the Chapterhouse".
Gandharvi: " here: The" -> "here: the"

The entry for Polo Harbour (Boewnst KS-S c20-959) could use a bit more text, I believe. How would this sound?
"Polo Harbour was constructed in October 3302, as part of the Colonia Connection Highway. It used to be the final stop for travellers on their way to Colonia before they would reach their destination: however, a year later, a new colony was built in a closer system, Kashyapa. Unfortunately, this planetary base offers only basic services, neither shipyards nor outfitting are available."

POI submission (organic/planetary POI?)

Name: Spires of Sorrow

Description:

A small, rocky moon (4 a) with five groves of bark mounds, orbiting close to a thinly ringed terrestrial planet in a red giant system.
The bark mounds were first discovered on Distant Worlds 2.

Long ago, in the nebula below today's Polo Harbour, a rich cloud of gas and dust laid the seeds for the growth of trees.
Today, in this system, all life that remains is on this small, hot moon, being burned by a dying, red giant star.
These bark mounds cling on to life, continuing to extract minerals from the ground, and taking in the sunlight that will soon be too much for them.
The mounds all sing a song of mourning, a song for times past, where their crowns of leaves had not yet been scorched away.

Materials that can be found at this location are Chromium, Germanium, Vanadium, Niobium, Yttrium and Mercury.

Image reference: https://imgur.com/a/IsITfob

Suggested POI Name: Violet Angel

POI type: Planetary Nebula

Description: Small, violet and pink emission nebula surrounding a neutron star.

20190219185334-1.jpg

Starry Eye

Starry Eye nebula

POI Type: Planetary Nebula
System reference: Drydea Flyi UT-R E4-4807

Description: This teal-blue nebula hides within it a black hole with a planetary system that has survived the death of its central star. What is more amazing is the fact that ammonia based life has developed in the upper atmosphere of one of its gas giants thriving in a radiation rich environment. Due to proximity to the galactic core there are thousands of stars clearly visible on the bright sky which reflects very beautifully on the event horizon of the central black hole inspiring the name: Starry Eye.

This system was originally mapped for EDSM by AlexBrentnall.

5K9HSQI.jpg

EDSM link.
Imgur Screenshots.

Blue Sky Nebula

System reference: Dryoea Flyi UT-R E4-8182

Description: Lying just 135 ly from the Starry eye nebula, the Blue Sky nebula is home to a Pulsar with a surviving planetary system which contain a gas-giant with water based life stubbornly resisting the x-ray bombardment of the pulsar. These organisms enjoy a beautiful view of deep blue sky that is always illuminated. This system was originally mapped for EDSM by AlexBrentnall.

w2HiNDA.jpg

EDSM link.
Imgur screenshots.

If you're adding astrophotography credits now, I made a list earlier of who contributed the deep space outpost photos that you asked for:
Attenborough's Watch: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Beta Site: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Darwin Research Facility: Ozric
Elephant's Trunk Mine: CMDR Marx
Flaming Star Logistics Centre: mienamoo
Gagarin Gate: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Gorgon Research Facility: mienamoo
Hell Port: CMDR Marx
Hind Mine: mienamoo
Iris Vacations: CMDR Marx
Kashyapa: by Baton
Mahon Research Base: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Mammon Monitoring Facility: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Medusa's Rock: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Morgan's Rock: CMDR Heavy Johnson
New Beginning: Lhynn
New Growth: CMDR Baroness Galaxy
Observation Post Epsilon: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Omega Mining Operation: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Ring Mine: roboteconomist (CMDR Z@pp Rowsdower)
Sacaqawea Space Port: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Sadr Logistics Depot: CMDR Heavy Johnson
Sagan Research Centre: Psypher
Station X: CMDR Ozric
Witch Head Science Centre: mienamoo

Also, just noticed some typos in the Kashyapa entry: "spectacular Ringed" -> "spectacular ringed", "1G" -> "1 g", "colonized by Chapterhouse" -> "colonized by the Chapterhouse".
Gandharvi: " here: The" -> "here: the"

The entry for Polo Harbour (Boewnst KS-S c20-959) could use a bit more text, I believe. How would this sound?
"Polo Harbour was constructed in October 3302, as part of the Colonia Connection Highway. It used to be the final stop for travellers on their way to Colonia before they would reach their destination: however, a year later, a new colony was built in a closer system, Kashyapa. Unfortunately, this planetary base offers only basic services, neither shipyards nor outfitting are available."

Thanks for these, all amendments made :)

Images of "Cloverfield Planetary Nebula"

System: Eok Pruae PI-S e4-2295

Last Image is "Cloverfield Planetary Nebula" as seen from EOK PRUAE UF-Q C21-1199

Your image has been added, thanks [up]

Last edited:
Lewin`s Remnant

Byaa Ain BA-A e236

Lewin`s Remnant

A supernova remnant located in BYAA AIN sector with a black hole in its centre that is orbited by two brown dwarfs.
The system is named after famous physichist, astronomer and university professor of the second half of 20th and early 21st century - Walter Lewin.

20190216232449_1.jpg
20190216230117_1.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Teapot Trap (after Russell's Teapot because the planet reminds me of the invisible intangible pink unicorn; and most friends I've shown it to don't believe me since it's almost impossible to see, along with the sheer size of the rings make it easy to crash into them)
Game map search ref: Floalt YG-S C5-48 5
Description: Orbiting 4,421ls from its class K main star, the most notable body in the system would be the 5th in rotation: an icy body, which at first glance shows to be large but rather unremarkable. However its icy rings are staggering, pushing a 5 million kilometer outer radius and a mass of 4.9MT; the rings easily dwarf those of the gas giants that orbit within the very same system. Upon closer inspection, commanders are advised to exercise caution as the rings themselves are very hard to see; leading to its reputation as a "Russell's Teapot" and a "death trap". The system does have landable planets orbiting every major body, each one having very low gravity and thus are easy to land on. The closest moon to the 5th planet orbits very close, with an orbital period of 0.9 days and can be landed on. The 4th planet, a class I gas giant, is also notable for its 74,544 kilometer radius; very large for a class I gas giant.
Screenshot reference:
invisrings_by_giieko_dczowl8-pre.jpg
dczoxbo-97470126-9298-4a35-bfa2-1395401a4edb.png

Greetings Commanders,

as I'm now ready with my first expedition, I wanted to share my experiences with you, in hope some of them possibly being some poi's for EDSM.

First one (organic POI):

Name: The Paired Doublegangers
Game map search ref: Traikeou GP-X B31-1
Description: On planet AB 1 A you can find a biological signal from which you can see the passing nearby planet of the moon and the two stars of the system.
Screenshot reference: https://i.imgur.com/rWTRSVR.jpg

Second one (topographical features):

Name: The Golden Pharaoh and his Servant
Game map search ref: Gru Dryiae HX-B C16-19
Description: The gas giant with waterbased life (planet 1) looks a bit like jupiters lost brother but with a more tender ring system. It has fantastic golden looking rings on his surface. It's moon (planet 1 A) looks a bit wrecked and as it was hit by a snowball. It is landable.
Screenshot reference: Planet 1: https://i.imgur.com/8PRfy3E.jpg
Planet 1 A: https://i.imgur.com/wRtQIGc.jpg

Third one (topographical features):

Name: Lake of Misfortune
Game map search ref: Gru Dryiae DT-O D7-18
Description: Planet number 6 is a high metal content world with a large dark region which looks like a see of aluminium or something.
Screenshot reference: https://i.imgur.com/0NowBFF.jpg

Fourth one (planetary features):

Name: An Unhealthy Relationship
Game map search ref: Byaa Euq WF-N C20-48
Description: Star C (brown dwarf) and it's planet C1 are really close to each other. Planet C1 has a rotation time of 0,2 days and an orbital period of only 0,1 days which is the result of the distance to it's star.
Screenshot reference: https://i.imgur.com/n1bAh6m.jpg

Name: Eminence Violet Nebula
Game map search ref: STUEMAU GL-Y E6642
Description: Planetary nebula composed of 2 systems, one of which houses 58 bodies including a black hole, a Water World with ammonia atmosphere, and a Class III gas giant that has 10 orbiting moons.

Image:
XjFS2kS

minence Nebula.png

Nebula.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Rainbow Star
Galaxy Map: Eor Aowsy NX-L d7-7415
Description: 4 stars, a neutron, two Ms, and an L right in a row on FSD drop. The 4 stars are right next to each other, and almost form a rainbow.
Image:
4W7sSNs

Name: EOS CHRAEI CRIMSON JADE NABULA
Game map search ref: EOS CHRAEI XE-Q E5-2839
Description: Planetary nebula composed of 3 systems, one of which houses a black hole and an A (Blue-white) star.

1.png
2.png
3.png

POI Name: Red in Green
Reference System: Shrogea MX-T e3-3447

Description: This planetary nebula lays less than 300 LY's from Tranquility's Stop. The system itself contains an extremely weak neutron star, a gas giant and some moons, a HMC, and two ringed lava worlds.

Picture: https://imgur.com/gallery/iMsLBvk

+++POI SUBMISSION+++

Rings of Amaterasu

A shining set of parallel rings bracketing the sun, as seen from Shrogaei GT-O d7-3069 3 Geopoint #2. The nearby ring also pretty much delineates the edge of the galactic disk, with the orange/brown carpet of stars on the left and blackness on the right.

System boasts a total of 5 ringed worlds, numerous landable bodies, a secondary brown dwarf and all materials required for fsd injections.

Submitted for the nature of the conjunction and associated spectacular view.
sunrings.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom