The Gnosis - My guess (on the jump) and I hope I am wrong

Hello Commanders,

This is my guess as to what will happen when the Gnosis jumps, and I hope I am wrong.

Welcome Commanders, to the limited access (those who jumped with the Gnosis) Community Goals!

CG1 - The Gnosis - Repel Boarders (Thargoid Bounty Hunting)

Summary

System: Cone Sector FN-J B9-0
Station: The Gnosis (large pads available)
Objective: Protect the Gnosis from Thargoid attack
Time limit: 27th September 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

The Thargoids have attacked the Gnosis after it jumped to the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0, massive damaged occurred and the possibility of further attacks remain.

Commanders, we must protect the Gnosis from further attacks whilst repairs are made...

The campaign begins on the 6th of September 3304 and will run for four weeks.

CG2 - The Gnosis - Repair the ship (Mining)

Summary

System: Cone Sector FN-J B9-0
Station: The Gnosis (large pads available)
Objective: Gather materials to repair the Gnosis
Time limit: 27th September 3304 @ 15:00 UTC

Description

The Thargoids have attacked the Gnosis after it jumped to the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0, massive damaged occurred and the possibility of further attacks remain.

Commanders, we must repair the Gnosis and need large amounts of raw materials to do it...

The campaign begins on the 6th of September 3304 and will run for four weeks.

This is my theory based on in game play that we can do now, without any new additions, plus going on previous experience. I hope I am wrong, I hope we get something different - this is a massive opportunity to add in something special! be it a reunion with some of the lost colonists or an encounter with a Thargiod mothership or even a Thargoid faction homeworld(s). Maybe this could be a way to open up Region Permits leading into the Q4 update with enhanced exploring gameplay. At the very least lets have some interesting exploration opportunities, neubulas etc.

I am onboard and ready for anything, please FD surprise me and don't take the easy route!

It might be cool if you were right, BUT I don't think there's a chance in heck that you are.

In order for you to be right, we'd have to find that one or more of the following is true:
a) An AEGIS lab is aboard the Gnosis.
b) Bunches of occupied escape pods are aboard for whatever reason.
c) Large stockpiles of Guardian tech is aboard.
d) Another thing which makes them attack (which I can't think of at the moment) is the case.

Last edited:
d) A large number of CMDR's armed to the teeth with anti-Xeno experimental tech ?

Because I'm not going there naked if you see what I mean.

1. It would be cool to see a damaged mega ship. We've never seen it before. This would give a nice feeling of stranded in space far away from home.

2. We can't sell raw material to the commodities market so we have no transactions to support this type of CG at the moment.

My guess is nothing. My hope is anything. My gut instinct is this is Jaques Station all over again when the entire thing is played out in the worst galnet slashfic ever written, and any CGs happen long after anyone has stopped giving a crap.

I have not wanted to be more wrong about something like this, since Jaques. Frontier are making the same sort of noises. They are tapping their nose the same way.

There is a ship chock full of dreamers. Here we go again.

I really hope I am desperately wrong. That is a very weird feeling.

Last edited:
And... unlocking of the entire sector? I'm not sure that'll happen since the whole point seems to be that they've locked it due to Thargoid activity. The G is expendable - so... boom?

I dunno, but your post seems about right :p

I expect to see the Gnosis jump into a completely normal system that almost no one can jump out of and that absolutely no one can jump back into if they leave. Everyone remaining in Open will then fight amongst each other for a month, with attrition gradually taking it's toll...

*cue Highlander theme*

...there can be only one.

Of course, I'd be pleased if I were wrong.

Nah, the Gnosis and everyone inside it will be immediately eaten by the Great Thargoidian Queen immediately upon arrival :D

Or...FD forgets to remove the permit locks, and we're all trapped in a single system taking selfies at the gnosis while drinking lavian beer for 4 weeks :D

Or a mutant star goat.

Not again :O

goatsinspace.jpg

And... unlocking of the entire sector? I'm not sure that'll happen since the whole point seems to be that they've locked it due to Thargoid activity. The G is expendable - so... boom?
I'm assuming that Cone is the Thargoid home nebula, so they won't want to unlock very much of it because they haven't built that bit yet.

But they can probably spare a few systems for something using the current assets.

2. We can't sell raw material to the commodities market so we have no transactions to support this type of CG at the moment.
There's no current demand for it because the economy is High-Tech, but if you go and pick up a lump of Bertrandite they'll buy it (just not at a good price).

CGs add extra demand for the relevant goods anyway, though.

There won't be the Thargoids-Homeworld. Never.

There will be a beacon or destroyed ship with new information. Maybe some puzzles to resolve to get new information...

I keep hoping they misread the data they received about the Cone sector being full of Thargoid Hydrae, and instead we will be able to explore and maybe come in contact with a third alien race (dreaming on...). I'm also hoping all the hype is a build up to some of the new exploration stuff we're supposed to be getting, even though we don't know what all that stuff is, yet.

Top Bottom