The Golconda - Overview of Phases

Interesting generation ship, it's just too bad the gameplay is the same. There's not much interaction with this huge ship full of living people. Hopefully 2020 changes that.

You guys got a Romanian dev over there? That means Life's Water in Romanian.
Yep surely some different gameplay is needed/warranted
here

I wonder why people on that ship choose to stay there when they obviously can look outside the domes or windows to see some roaming ships around them? Why wouldn't they want to get updated to the latest news and discoveries?

I like it .

- A generic Trade CG as phase 1 - nice, easily understood

followed by
- A competition Trade CG as phase 2 - plenty of scope for RPG, plenty of room for the 'open only' salt

all for a different skin on the planetary outpost Federation or Empire

Oh... So the federation reward doesn't involve adding landing pads to the generation ship... It's a shame I let myself get my hopes up for something unique only to have them dashed within reading a couple of paragraphs.

Besides, don't these poor people deserve a planet-based home? Real air to breathe, real grass under their feet? To quote Dr. Gaius Baltar from nBSG, its time for these poor souls to Lay Down Their Burdens, and not end up in another tin-box in space, with fake meat and recycled air, this time with Federation branding.
Sure, except this is Upaniklis we're talking about. There are no such planets in the system. What practical difference does it make if they're living in a tin box with artificial air in orbit, or in a tin box with artificial air that's on the ground of some barren airless ice moon?

If we're going to give them the choice to colonize a planet, at least give them a decent planet. It's not like there's a shortage of uninhabited Earth-likes in the galaxy. There's an uninhabited system just 30 light-years away, Col 285 Sector TE-Q d5-107, with two Earth-likes and four terraformables. Let 'em colonize there.

NVERRRR!!! 😀

Besides, don't these poor people deserve a planet-based home? Real air to breathe, real grass under their feet? To quote Dr. Gaius Baltar from nBSG, its time for these poor souls to Lay Down Their Burdens, and not end up in another tin-box in space, with fake meat and recycled air, this time with Federation branding.

This is the part where Number Six walks in and says "Pay attention, you've just won the II for the Empire." 😀

How are they gonna have a planet with air and grass AND we can land at the port????

Sure, except this is Upaniklis we're talking about. There are no such planets in the system. What practical difference does it make if they're living in a tin box with artificial air in orbit, or in a tin box with artificial air that's on the ground of some barren airless ice moon?

If we're going to give them the choice to colonize a planet, at least give them a decent planet. It's not like there's a shortage of uninhabited Earth-likes in the galaxy. There's an uninhabited system just 30 light-years away, Col 285 Sector TE-Q d5-107, with two Earth-likes and four terraformables. Let 'em colonize there.
Agreed - I wasn't thinking of a planet in Upaniklis when I wrote my post - plenty of Earth-like planets in the bubble, give them one of them.

Given that I have maximum rank with both (it just happened over the years) I can try to do what I think is right.
I wonder why people on that ship choose to stay there when they obviously can look outside the domes or windows to see some roaming ships around them? Why wouldn't they want to get updated to the latest news and discoveries?
Fake news?

Given that there are tens of thousands of residents on the generation ship, I feel that an outpost is a bit stingy, or at the very least doesn't reflect the population. There should be some way to differentiate the population of the Golconda from the rest of the system.

Maybe make the Golconda the outpost? Alternatively, add the option to the initiative to outfit the ship with an FSD and let them off into the void to be found later...

Shouldn't this one be about first finding a cure for their disease?
They trade the cure for something called the , apa vietii, the water life, the ship few breakthroughs in medicine over the millenium, promising immortality for the galaxy as a thank you.

This is eventually found to trigger the virus into this deadly plague.
Then a war between the Empire and Federation the federation believes it was a accident, the empire believe it was some sort of attack on the galaxy.

Last edited:
So if Empire wins you need Horizons to buy the rare commodity, if Federation wins you only need the base game.

Not sure about that. The language differs between a 'Planetary Port' vs an 'Outpost'. No guarantee that it isn't the same physical space entry, just with different colour scheme.

An Empire-affiliated Planetary Port will be added to the Upaniklis system.
A Federation-affiliated Outpost will be added to the Upaniklis system.
So a choice between "Large pads on a planet" and "small pads on a station"?

Also odd I'd of expected The Alliance to have got involved (yes biased as alliance player here), and even a random new indie faction native to Upaniklis

Top Bottom