The Golconda - Overview of Phases

Question: When a competitive CG is playing out as a decidedly one sided affair (as is the case with the Golconda's Empire vs Federation CG), why doesn't the trailing party crank up the price they are willing to pay for the requested goods, in the hope of stimulating more deliveries?

I'm sure the Empire could afford to pay 50,000 per ton for Beryllium if it wanted to buy its way back into the race. 💰💰💰

ED already simulates supply and demand price fluctuations, it might be interesting if a customised (or manually tweaked) variant of this could be used to 'revitalise' a one sided competitive CG.

Keep on trucking Cmdrs.

Question: When a competitive CG is playing out as a decidedly one sided affair (as is the case with the Golconda's Empire vs Federation CG), why doesn't the trailing party crank up the price they are willing to pay for the requested goods, in the hope of stimulating more deliveries?

I'm sure the Empire could afford to pay 50,000 per ton for Beryllium if it wanted to buy its way back into the race. 💰💰💰

ED already simulates supply and demand price fluctuations, it might be interesting if a customised (or manually tweaked) variant of this could be used to 'revitalise' a one sided competitive CG.

Keep on trucking Cmdrs.
I like that idea.

Keep on trucking Cmdrs.
I've long argued that there needs to be variations on the theme to incentivise one side over another, whether that's the "Good guys" having the storyline-moral-highground and the "bad guys" having a financial incentive (triple the income for the given CG activity).

Alternately, make the trade challenges different... Feds might need hundreds of millions of a very common good, Imperials only need 25% of that volume, but of a cargo that is in comparatively short supply.

Or, dynamic changes like you said. Any of these would make competitive trade CGs more interesting.

But end of the day, anyone should've seen the Feds winning this one from a mile off, because that's what always happens in Imp vs Fed-offs (and don't you dare try to make that change! :rolleyes: ). But don't listen to me, apparently creativity, variety and interesting, dynamic mechanics and alternative gameplay options aren't what CG's are for.

Keep on trucking Cmdrs.
Send that in as a sugestion.

….

But end of the day, anyone should've seen the Feds winning this one from a mile off, because that's what always happens in Imp vs Fed-offs (and don't you dare try to make that change! :rolleyes: ). But don't listen to me, apparently creativity, variety and interesting, dynamic mechanics and alternative gameplay options aren't what CG's are for.
My admittedly dodgy memory tells me that this didn't used to be the case the Federation won almost all the combat/bounty CGs easily and the Empire won the majority of trade CGs but this was a couple of years ago and so before always started.

My admittedly dodgy memory tells me that this didn't used to be the case the Federation won almost all the combat/bounty CGs easily and the Empire won the majority of trade CGs but this was a couple of years ago and so before always started.
Yes, but playing the victim is fun.

The number or participants are interesting. In competing trade CGs I usually see a lot more participants. I attribute this to perhaps 2000 players that deliver one load to both sides and get the reward for top 100% or top 75% from both sides.
Also the numbers are lower than in Enclave Phase 2.

My guesses are:
  1. This II is less interesting than Enclave.
  2. The place is too far out (unlikely).
  3. More of them will come during the weekend.
  4. The Federation is hated, the Empire is hated even more (but we all know this).
The Empire might have won by offering a terraformed or terraformable planet with an orbiting station.
Actually, is there information how long the terraforming process takes? Depending on the time frame they could have sent the Golconda there and refit it into a station.

The number or participants are interesting. In competing trade CGs I usually see a lot more participants. I attribute this to perhaps 2000 players that deliver one load to both sides and get the reward for top 100% or top 75% from both sides.
Also the numbers are lower than in Enclave Phase 2.

My guesses are:
  1. This II is less interesting than Enclave.
  2. The place is too far out (unlikely).
  3. More of them will come during the weekend.
  4. The Federation is hated, the Empire is hated even more (but we all know this).
The Empire might have won by offering a terraformed or terraformable planet with an orbiting station.
Actually, is there information how long the terraforming process takes? Depending on the time frame they could have sent the Golconda there and refit it into a station.
My guess is a lot of people are playing other games.

I usually go for top 10% in both sides on CGs, not enough game time at the moment though.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Agreed - that is how it use to be. I think the new slant towards Fed for all things could be a reflection of the different player base in CGs today, but could also down to the Fed having stepped up their game in terms of trade CGs :)

Empire: 'You will be far better having a planetary base!'
Golcondese: 'But we like being in space?'
Empire: 'It will have large pads and room to grow. Also some nice boutiques and hair salons' .
Golcondese: 'Um, well ok then'.
Empire: 'Excellent choice, now, how will you be paying for that?'
Golcondese: 'Say what?'
Empire: 'Are you familiar with indentured servitude? Sign here, here and here.'

Feds: 'Here's a free Orbital outpost, let us know if you require further assistance'. 😛✌

Empire: 'It will have large pads and room to grow. Also some nice boutiques and hair salons' .

Feds: 'Here's a free Orbital outpost, let us know if you require further assistance'. 😛✌
Exactly like the differences between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party in the U.S.A.

The difference is the Indentured servants are better payed that the minimum wage fed drones :)

If I've been reading the forum correctly, the Empire has, of late, lost quite a few (all?) competitive CGs when up against the Feds.
I'm wondering what does the Empire do with all those collected materials?
- War chest
- Building more slave accommodation
- Wardrobe updates for the Royal Family

Top Bottom