The Golconda - Overview of Phases

Slight correction: the first image is the imperial slaver's apartment who would of gained custody, not the planned accommodation for Golconda people. ;)
In Elite: Deadly, I expect the Golcondains will remember who betrayed them to their tin-boxed fate and declare all out war on the Federation.

The Empire meanwhile, will run a CG for popcorn and then watch the fireworks from a safe distance. 🙂

In Elite: Deadly, I expect the Golcondains will remember who betrayed them to their tin-boxed fate and declare all out war on the Federation.

The Empire meanwhile, will run a CG for popcorn and then watch the fireworks from a safe distance. 🙂
Nah, the Golcondians will plead independence, join the Alliance (who will build them an Ocellus starport via CG), and laugh at the petty bickering between Imps & Feds. :)

I suspect that a good number of Empire loyalists may have been delivering to the Federation's megaship once it became clear that the Feds were going to win and that their payout/reward would be far more substantial.

Does that make them mercenaries as well as slavers? :unsure:
Empire Loyalists... :unsure:

Galnet officially announces the local booze and creation of the rare goods...

The inhabitants of the generation ship Golconda have offered a token of gratitude to authorities in the Upaniklis system for their recent help.

The gift was a case of an alcoholic spirit labelled Apa Vietii, distilled only aboard the Golconda for many centuries. An accompanying note explained that the production technique has remained largely unchanged since the 22nd century.

Analysis of the beverage confirmed it was safe for consumption, although nothing is known of the raw ingredients or distillation process.

As yet very few people have sampled Apa Vietii, but the celebrated gourmet and critic Giles Cappelleo was invited to appraise the spirit:

“Well, what a delight this is – to experience a previously unheard-of libation! Apa Vietii is refreshing on the palate with a smooth, crisp flavour, but delivers a vigorous thump to the senses once swallowed. If it ever becomes widely available, connoisseurs everywhere would surely adore it. The Golconda crew is sitting atop a potential goldmine!”

Professor Elizabeth Perez of the Orion Independent University provided an anthropologist’s take:

“This is a significant gesture from a society that has been highly reluctant to interact with outsiders. Although their isolationist stance remains prevalent, offering Apa Vietii could be interpreted as the start of a cultural exchange programme prior to rejoining civilisation.”

This Orion Independant University, is it one of those dodgy online 'universities' where you can buy qualifications?
This Liz Perez character is not coming across as very competent. :unsure:

Now can I blow it up?
Or is there a part 3, supply malted grain mash and corpses to the Galconda? :eek:
Expect the tight fisted feds will cannibalize the gen ship raw mats to build the outpost on to the gen ship once the out post is complete then the left overs will be pushed in to a star orbit then witch space rift will open and the first in game fleet carrier.... o right we not getting them any more... correction fed capital ship will in sure the gen ship is completely stripped then aimed into the star to burn up...

So, will the carriers leave and go somewhere else, or are they unique and either a permanent fixture in this system, or will go poof when the event is over?

Reason I ask is I'm tempted to just stayed docked on one, and see where I wind up.

So, will the carriers leave and go somewhere else, or are they unique and either a permanent fixture in this system, or will go poof when the event is over?

Reason I ask is I'm tempted to just stayed docked on one, and see where I wind up.
the mega ship just vanish at a time fdev choose and the pilots federation will move all ships by remote hack to the nearest port with the correct landing pad...
Due to what might be a woopsie the rival CGs did not actualy get set up as rival CGs that would end if one side actualy got to tier 8... the empire CG is still active but feds got there first any way... Never mind it was just a big delay, the mega ships are not likely going any were they will want to give people a chance to land on them to collect the bonus pay from the CG..

Confirmed on first page the megships are there for the long haul...

The Golconda' decal will be available to commanders who dock at the Outpost or the Federal megaship from 5 December to 16 December

Last edited:
Although their isolationist stance remains prevalent, offering Apa Vietii could be interpreted as the start of an attempt to get the rest of the galaxy well and truly plastered - a prelude to invasion of Federal holdings by the deceptive Golcondains.

3 MONTHS LATER:
"All Federal forces within Sol Star System, this is the Commander of the Golcondain Battle Fleet. Surrender. Now. What is your answer?"

And the drunk Federation responds:

Woah, we're half way there!
Woah, livin' on a prayer!
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah, livin' on a prayer!

:ROFLMAO:

In a strange turn of events the influence of both powers in the system has dropped to 2.8% and 2.7%... guess the other factions got over the distraction and got on with the real work in system...

Top Bottom