The Gold Sidewinder

OK, per the PS4 pre-release in the USA coming up with somewhere around May 31st we get a gold paintjob for the Sidewinder. I'll go with that. But I also wonder will some of the PC issues be fixed by then when they port it over to the PS4? One example is clicking on any system in the Galaxy Map and getting the basic system information. That is still a bug with 2.3 and hopefully it will be resolved for the PC, Mac and Xbox before the PS4 goes live. One of many issues but I think Frontier needs to nail this one as it will effect reviews and eventually sales with this upcoming launch. Console games are all about getting the numbers right the first time for the best sales as the games are so competitive and like a great movie fades in their audience in a few months.

Feel free to add your expectations for the PS4 version, current bugs you are frustrated with and what Frontier needs to concentrate on to make this PS4 release a success. We have 28 days to go for the official June 27th release. Make it count.

UPDATE: Apologies to all about the misleading title! I'm so slow that it took a few replies just to figure it out. I was so involved in the issue that it never even occurred to me to update the starting title. I forget too often what I am doing as in microwaving a TV dinner then forget that I did it! I just hate posts that have nothing to do with the title! I'll destroy my Cutter and suffer the expensive rebuy as punishment! Feel free to close this thread and regards to all. :)

Last edited:
i read somewhere there's a big patch being deployed across all formats on 27th. Cant remember where i saw it atm tho
hopefully they got out the jumbo size can of bug spray.

trouble is EVERY game seems to act the same way;
Community Relations: Players are complaining of bugs, boss.
Boss: Oh well, time to release some cosmetic nik-naks, that'll keep them quiet.

I would argue that this thread should be locked / moved to PC.

The OP is nothing to do with the title.
It came be summed up as '...will the PC issues be fixed by the 27th June?...'

I would argue that this thread should be locked / moved to PC.

The OP is nothing to do with the title.
It came be summed up as '...will the PC issues be fixed by the 27th June?...'

I disagree. The PC issues are about our current concerns and seeing if some of them will be resolved with the PS4 release. Maybe they won't fix the PC version. But that makes me wonder if the PS4 version will have the same issues. I'm all for fixing PC but expect solutions PC or not when I purchase it on the PS4. History says if they have issues on one platform it doesn't get any better on another one. I'm looking to get it right on the PS4. If you can tell me that the PS4 version won't have the same issues as the current platforms then I'm wrong and you are right. I sincerely hope that you are right! Let's continue the conversation.

Last edited:
Apropops Gold Sidewinder. Is that also part of the physical release if you pre-order, or just the digital?

In that case, I will eventually have no golden Sidewinder, despite pre-ordering :/

Top Bottom