ANNOUNCEMENT The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Competition!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oh the chieftain, maybe if hadn't nerfed the missions into the ground some people could afford to be in the competition. Nice distraction though from the broken bits I most say.

Why does it have to be on twitter or facebook? Blooming irritating. I'm trying to remove myself from these time and data sponges.

EDIT: Thanks FDev for allowing entry by the forums, your own social media tool :)

Week 1 - can't enter, I'm in Colonia.
Weeks 2 and 3, will maybe have a go - but taking an external screenshot during combat, seriously?
Week 4 - again in Colonia so can't enter.... or can I?! ;)

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Why does it have to be on twitter or facebook? Blooming irritating. I'm trying to remove myself from these time and data sponges.

EDIT: Thanks FDev for allowing entry by the forums, your own social media tool :)

Week 1 - can't enter, I'm in Colonia.
Weeks 2 and 3, will maybe have a go - but taking an external screenshot during combat, seriously?
Week 4 - again in Colonia so can't enter.... or can I?! ;)

Week 1 - If someone ends up flying a Chieftain over, you'll be in luck! :p
Week 2 and 3 - It doesn't have to be external, however there's something thrilling about live action photography! You could always get two other Commanders to fight and photograph that.
Week 4 - DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUH. Who knows!

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
I was beaten to asking this myself it seems, but I'm still curious as to what "light editing" is? How much colour alteration is acceptable? I personally never edit any of my screenshots, because otherwise it's not a true reflection of the game and there's enough beautiful and amazing sights in this game as it is.

Ideally you should only enhance the original image, not overly manipulate or fake the image. So saturation, hue, DOF, white balancing, contrast etc are all acceptable. Basically, we'll judge each on a case by case basis :)

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!

Light editing is acceptable (levelling, use of blur or sharpen tools, colour alteration) however excessive manipulation will be disqualified. Thanks for asking!

Indeed!

Yeah!! [big grin] Thanks, Paige.

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!

An excellent decision

So why the heck would you give the game as a prize when obviously you already need the game to enter said competition? Why not offer a paint job or some other useless thing?

So why the heck would you give the game as a prize when obviously you already need the game to enter said competition? Why not offer a paint job or some other useless thing?

Each week, a post on Twitter, Facebook and these forums will be randomly selected to win one of our money-can’t-buy Community Prize Paint Packs AND... our favourite post from either Facebook, Twitter or these forums will win a grand prize!

Grand Prizes are:

Weeks 1, 2, and 3 - HOTAS on PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 (you choose the platform!)
Week 4 - Elite Dangerous goodie bag including - Hyper X Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad, signed poster and a physical copy of the game!
Maybe you need glasses? ;)

Not everyone owns a physical copy BTW and you could always give it to your friends or use it as second account.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom