ANNOUNCEMENT The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Competition!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dunno, its just another kind of forum/bb/whichever, we just call it social media now and its public, no real difference just if anything noisier.

.... and less toxic.

Commanders, the Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter One update is finally here and there’s so much to see!

I like taking screenshots.... have some rep.

Are we allowed to use post processing like ReShade in our entries?

Excellent question and very relevant. Have some rep.

Last edited:
.... and less toxic.
social media? less toxic?.........nope, don't agree, at best just as toxic, at worse, much more, course yes, it depends on which groups and who you are watching on the social media groups because it generally is build so you only get the social media you want, and not everything.

Deleted member 38366

D
Twister? Faceplant?

Uhm, no thanks. I don't really need nor want these Data-Harvesting, -Profiling and -Tracking monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Why use third-party social media sites? Is there no alternative for people opposed to those evil data-and-life-stealing entities (i.e., these forums or email)? :mad:

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!

Please, editing enabled or pure screenshot needed???

Light editing is acceptable (levelling, use of blur or sharpen tools, colour alteration) however excessive manipulation will be disqualified. Thanks for asking!

Hello, hello... anybody still here?

Indeed!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I look forward to taking part in Week 2 and week 4's competitions :)

Initially we decided to run this competition purely on social media to allow easy sharing of screenshots and to ensure we can track all the entries properly. However, seeing as everyone commenting would like to participate via the forums, you can now enter the competition here!

That's very kind of you for doing that, thank you Paige. I expect to see lots of entries on that thread from those who asked for it ;)

Light editing is acceptable (levelling, use of blur or sharpen tools, colour alteration) however excessive manipulation will be disqualified. Thanks for asking!

I was beaten to asking this myself it seems, but I'm still curious as to what "light editing" is? How much colour alteration is acceptable? I personally never edit any of my screenshots, because otherwise it's not a true reflection of the game and there's enough beautiful and amazing sights in this game as it is.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Great news, thanks! I will share the competition with our community as well :)

Why use third-party social media sites? Is there no alternative for people opposed to those evil data-and-life-stealing entities (i.e., these forums or email)? :mad:

"Evil" "Life-stealing" hyperbole aside, I too eschew those populist social media applications and would have liked the option to simply email entries to Frontier or post on a dedicated thread here on the forum.

So I won't be participating, but I do look forward to seeing the winning entries once they're posted here on the forum or in a newsletter. So many talented Commanders in this community!

Edit: Should have kept reading the thread - just saw Paige's update.

Thanks Paige and team!

Last edited:
I look forward to taking part in Week 2 and week 4's competitions :)

That's very kind of you for doing that, thank you Paige. I expect to see lots of entries on that thread from those who asked for it ;)

I was beaten to asking this myself it seems, but I'm still curious as to what "light editing" is? How much colour alteration is acceptable? I personally never edit any of my screenshots, because otherwise it's not a true reflection of the game and there's enough beautiful and amazing sights in this game as it is.

Meanwhile, us Xbox users usually have to do some light editing of our screenshots because they come out far too dark on the console, and don't represent what we see on screen. Can't speak for PS4 users though.
I usually do a little brightness, contrast and saturation tweak.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom