ANNOUNCEMENT The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Winners!

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt has come to a close, and we saw hundreds of incredible screenshots from players all over the galaxy, but after careful deliberation between the Community Team and Art Director Chris Gregory, we've picked the winners.

Chieftain Winner - CMDR Placyde
nmOOfcO.jpg
Comments from Chris Gregory - This screenshot makes great use of complementary colours and soft lighting which accentuates the form of the ship to give us a wonderful unique view of the Chieftain. I also love the use of depth of field and off-center framing. All in all, a very impressive shot.

Congratulations Commander! You've won a HOTAS for the platform of your choice.

Planetary Improvements Winner - DaBeardedSpider
MklWBst.jpg
Comments from Chris Gregory - This shot provides a wonderful sense of drama and shows off some of what you can find while exploring in Elite Dangerous. The ship is wonderfully framed and adds depth to the shot, it feels like a shot from an "epic" film!

Combat Winner - Twhtly
CoduekW.jpg
Comments from Chris Gregory - I love this shot. It's very fun and unique, capturing the dramatic feel of destruction and the camera angle makes it feel like we're traveling with the ship. Clever use of motion blur as well.

Thargoid Marauder/Guardian Ruins Winner - Baton
XMqQGxu.jpg
Comments from Chris Gregory - Wow. It's very rare to see a screen that shows off two Thargoid types, so this is quite an achievement! The framing and composition are amusing, especially with the Marauder flying upside down. Great lighting and contrast, all in all, a wonderful shot.

Congratulations Commander! You've won an Elite Dangerous goodie bag including - Hyper X Fury Pro Gaming Mouse Pad, signed poster and a physical copy of the game!

Honourable Mentions from top left to bottom right
drGMeN3.jpg

1 - John Scott Snyder
2 - Namsel7
3 - CMDRJetsukai
4 - CMDR Jarminx
5 - CMDR Mads
6 - Rob Waghorn
7 - Frameshift Shark
8 - SmelltheRAINB0W
9 - Vasco Sapien

The winners of the Community Paint Packs picked at random will all be contacted directly. Thank you to all who took part, and fly safe!
277c0394-bab0-438b-aa66-1e5f04195102

Congratulations to all who took part in the competition :)

I had lots of fun (and rebuys) trying to match the excellent photo from Vasco Sapien, who raised the bar incredibly high in my opinion (and even now I like his photo best).
Took me a while to even figure out how to capture flying Marauder from up close (https://i.imgur.com/Z2l5J5f.png) and I am glad that it paid off.

Thanks all

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
I adored your shot Baton! Can you send me a DM and we'll arrange your prize? :)

Congratulations to all who took part in the competition :)

I had lots of fun (and rebuys) trying to match the excellent photo from Vasco Sapien, who raised the bar incredibly high in my opinion (and even now I like his photo best).
Took me a while to even figure out how to capture flying Marauder from up close (https://i.imgur.com/Z2l5J5f.png) and I am glad that it paid off.

Thanks all

Amazing shots were posted .... very humbling when you see what other commanders "see".

The Vasco Sapien close-focus of the alien raises the bar for alien shots, for sure.

Congrats to the winners and to Baton who has consistently posted some incredible shots here and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Gotta, say I loved your shots as well Lightspeed, it was so so so difficult to help choose the winners. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots in the future :)

Amazing shots were posted .... very humbling when you see what other commanders "see".

The Vasco Sapien close-focus of the alien raises the bar for alien shots, for sure.

Congrats to the winners and to Baton who has consistently posted some incredible shots here and elsewhere.

Gotta, say I loved your shots as well Lightspeed, it was so so so difficult to help choose the winners. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots in the future :)

How kind, thankyou Paige :)

I have helped with judging photos in competitions and I know how incredibly difficult it can be to decide the fine line between choosing one photo over another.

This was a great competition, with a very high standard of posts. I hope we have more :cool:

Congrats to all the winners though I think I have some arguments with the planetary colors one. I feel like the winners shot does in no way show off the new colors. Yes its a dramatic scene but there were a few just like it in the thread, and having the ship being used as a bonus doesn't really seem to go with the whole, planetary color thing. Not to mention that aside from the enhanced brownish color it doesn't show of any of the amazing colorization that exist in the game now....anyways great job all around truly some beautiful shots. Not saying I don't enjoy the winners photo it is also a great shot just not quite one that fits the theme I feel

Edited to sound like less of a boot e hole

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners! :)

Though I have to be honest, I would love to know what Chris' comments were to all the other entries.
As with so many things in life, it shall forever remain a mystery...

Yay VASCO

Amazing images!

Kudos to all for setting our game in such good light with no foreshortening of the focus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom