ANNOUNCEMENT The Great 3.0 Treasure Hunt - Winners!

Congrats to all winners. This was a great competition. Maybe do it again when new game play emerges? Elite has really great photo shooters and screenies section is the one I watch most often.

Congrats to all the winners though I think I have some arguments with the planetary colors one. I feel like the winners shot does in no way show off the new colors. Yes its a dramatic scene but there were a few just like it in the thread, and having the ship being used as a bonus doesn't really seem to go with the whole, planetary color thing. Not to mention that aside from the enhanced brownish color it doesn't show of any of the amazing colorization that exist in the game now....anyways great job all around truly some beautiful shots. Not saying I don't enjoy the winners photo it is also a great shot just not quite one that fits the theme I feel

Edited to sound like less of a boot e hole

I feel like you. It's almost like the judge wasn't fully aware of the criteria for the planetary colours competition.
I bet you could find a pre 3.0 screenshot that looked the same as the winner.

For what it's worth I would have voted for your entry as I think it better shows the new planetary colours.

Yeah, the winner is a good photo just not quite planetary color material. And thanks, while I didn't and wouldn't expect mine to win especially because I know it didn't show of the colors but rather just a cool location something that showed of planet colors would have been better. But not going to harp on a bout it. Good thing is people got a chance to share their work and they were all great shots. We have a talented community here.

Congrats to all the winners though I think I have some arguments with the planetary colors one. I feel like the winners shot does in no way show off the new colors. Yes its a dramatic scene but there were a few just like it in the thread, and having the ship being used as a bonus doesn't really seem to go with the whole, planetary color thing. Not to mention that aside from the enhanced brownish color it doesn't show of any of the amazing colorization that exist in the game now....anyways great job all around truly some beautiful shots. Not saying I don't enjoy the winners photo it is also a great shot just not quite one that fits the theme I feel

Edited to sound like less of a boot e hole

Yeah I'm a bit surprised at the pic that won the planet segment too. I have tons of beautiful shots of geysers, but I tried to frame my pic so that it highlighted what was new, the improved colors. The winning pic looks like any planet from the past two years, as it doesn't have any coloring at all?

Guess I misunderstood what they were looking for.

Congratulations to all who took part in the competition :)

I had lots of fun (and rebuys) trying to match the excellent photo from Vasco Sapien, who raised the bar incredibly high in my opinion (and even now I like his photo best).

I actually prefer your similarly themed one from the pics in your spoiler to either the one you entered or Vasco's, it's simply one of the best screenies I've ever seen. Not that I'd want that to be interpreted as any criticism of Vasco's shot, or any of the ones in the competition, there was a very high standard here.

Have to say respect to Placyde for flying a Chieftan out to the Veil nebula for his pic, was worth the effort for the lighting on the ship.

Good thing is people got a chance to share their work and they were all great shots. We have a talented community here.
That's the real reward, ain't it? Seeing what everyone was able to pull off within this game. Stunning.

But as for me, I've already entered a new competition. One I am determined to win:
Starring contest with a star! :|

T146pYt.png

To add to what I wrote above regarding Chris' comments: would have loved to know whether there were any images where he was stunned that was possible in-engine and not photoshoped/ edited in post.

I actually prefer your similarly themed one from the pics in your spoiler to either the one you entered or Vasco's, it's simply one of the best screenies I've ever seen. Not that I'd want that to be interpreted as any criticism of Vasco's shot, or any of the ones in the competition, there was a very high standard here.

Vasco's shot showed me how wonderfuly detailed these scouts are. Even putting my version in the spoiler felt iffy to me, but I decided to do it as it is a nice shot/place, and deserves to be seen. Putting it in competition would be very unfair, so I did not.

Irony is that the best one for me would be the planetary colours, but I was on a holiday... maybe next time :)

There were a lot of beautiful shots in that bunch, I don't envy the judges.

Congratulations to the winners.

Last month I have won a fantastic mouse pad, the thing is, in next 10 to 15 years there may be another controller that will render such device as mouse obsolete... so I started to wonder when will I actually get it, as 10 years looks like a lot now, but friend of mine has won naming a planet if I remember correctly in June 2017 during Lavecon, and he is still waiting :p

(BTW my offer from PM still stands, I am happy to replace all of this for one hint ;) )

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder that I still did not receive my reward. This is actually quite sad, especially that I was promissed so many times (once even in person during Lavecon this year) that I will get it.

Just a friendly reminder that I still did not receive my reward. This is actually quite sad, especially that I was promissed so many times (once even in person during Lavecon this year) that I will get it.

Have you tried mailing community@ ? Not sure how likely they are to see a thread that's gonna get reburied soon.

Top Bottom