The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

CMDRs Log stardate 210915

Previously

We tested out the capabilities of the TFS Mina's Tears today. 620ly in 10 minutes! This places us at the Witch's Head. It remains to be seen if we can break through the Thargoids hyperdiction wall.
UGoXBsG.png

Our destination looms large.
GeDpagu.png

It would be remis of us if we skipped a visit to the local science research station.
rzKxlae.png

Anyone not coming had better get off!

Until next time CMDRs, o7!

Next

Last edited:
CMDR's Log stardate 210916

Previously

Greetings CMDRs, It's day one out in the black - well, it's becoming more salmon pink than black, but more on that later.
HXsAGAC.png

We departed Witches Head Research Station.
5cuvWYL.png

This is our destination. First stop, the Orion Nebula! The Barnard's Loop complex consists of 4 different nebulae.
ecdWt9G.png

Time to stretch our legs and make sure all moving parts are... er... moving.
iaAZhTT.png

Have you ever noticed how the Galaxy has a way of making you feel small?
2uTAH6M.png

Stopped for a bit to listen to these plants sing to me!
xJI9A7s.png

Quick inspection before moving on...
3tfWgAj.png

That canyon was fun to fly along... can't say it was dangerous, but fun. I did no damage, thankfully. We've only just started!

Until next time! o7

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log stardate 210917

Previously

Good morning CMDRs,

Jumping down the 2Mass Tube going from system to system I find that explorers have been to these systems but have not been thorough as I discover a world with Bark Mounds yet no-one has landed here.
MDBtWeS.png

The L type Dwarf provides just enough heat to be dangerous in the day time. I say just enough, if you stand in the shade, it drops to 'normal' temperatures.
gamBvjn.png

Before we start looking for the Bark Mounds, we spotted this monster vent, just to get a sense of scale.
q9fzm4f.png

I feel like an ant!
gEKZvUz.png

This is no perspective trick! It really is this humongous! I was luck enough to get here while it was dormant, otherwise there would be no judging the scale with all that steam.
iOa91Ov.png

Barnard's Loop is large in the sky - reminding us of our journey...

o7 CMDRs!

Next

Last edited:
I once went up to 2Mass to rescue a cmdr who'd docked on a strange carrier and awoke in a remote part of space he couldn't jump back from. I did explore a bit, and this planet is well worth a look:

1631881145944.png

I posted screenshots in this thread, but I'll leave you to discover the beauty. Just make sure it's on the day side.

I once went up to 2Mass to rescue a cmdr who'd docked on a strange carrier and awoke in a remote part of space he couldn't jump back from. I did explore a bit, and this planet is well worth a look:

View attachment 262882

I posted screenshots in this thread, but I'll leave you to discover the beauty. Just make sure it's on the day side.
I'm somewhere in the region, will have a gander!
j4KIflt.png

This is an example of what a white dwarf lit sky may look like (it used to show no atmosphere colours):

1.jpg

Another couple of shots of Howard Bastion in the 15 f Leonis system. Perhaps the most beautiful planetary base I´ve come across so far in Odyssey.

2.jpg
3.jpg

...though it´s night-time there right now (and The King is always watching):

4.jpg

"Peridotite" planet:

5.jpg

From orbit:

6.jpg

Military settlement on a small plateau:

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

CMDRs Log stardate 210918

Previously

What a difference a little sleep can make:
WLDHvus.png

PSMc4n6.png

sBoA9b7.png

What a beautiful place to go bio-hunting.
nmfFmG7.png

Eventually we have to move on though...

The next planet provided an different sky and a fantastically varied landscape...
xI2FH1B.png

No - please don't put your hand in th... 🤦‍♂️ Some people!
CLYR0tf.png

Concha love crevices, right! Shouldn't be too difficult to cross this, right?
Yied0ag.png

You know what, I'm just glad I made it down in one piece! Question is, can I drive back out?
zf9di18.png

Okay - If I can make it halfway up, that series of steps should help!
dUu6XNr.png

First part is the most difficult - almost didn't make it!
S4NVCZz.png

But I was right! Made it to the top!
iqyN5HS.png

Not only Concha, but Tubas - and that background - This is quite the world to visit!

We will have to move on though. Can't stay in one place!

Until next time, CMDRs, o7!

Next

Last edited:
CMDRs Log stardate 210919

Previously

Good morning CMDRs. This morning's wake up call finds us in the dark...
QlrHmvU.png

The Orion Nebula we are inside now, and the Running Man nebula just a little south of us.
FUALAOx.png

And in the other direction, the Witches Head nebula framed against the backdrop of the rest of the Galaxy!
gmxB34I.png

As we journey towards Barnard's Loop, we are mesmerized by the skies we encounter!
U1VqHB8.png

...even as our destination approaches and our skies begin to turn pink.
sDMvm1x.png

Until next time CMDRs, o7!

Next

Last edited:
Top Bottom