The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

Depends on your jump range really, it obviously gets less dense as you traverse the edges of the disc. I'd say just keep going if you have an AFMU and possibly a repair limpet controller with you. Just go big and do Beagle Point right away. ;)
Yeah! I decide to continue the journey to the farthest edge, but I started noticing the distance between fuel stars getting greater the closer towards the outer edge I got, I had two close calls, one jump away from being stranded in the black and almost being unable to refuel via fuel scooping. So not wanting to take that risk of losing all my discovery data I reluctantly turned around and headed back to the bubble.

Last edited:
Yeah! I decide to continue the journey to the farthest edge, but I started noticing the distance between fuel stars getting greater the closer towards the outer edge I got, I had two close calls, one jump away from being stranded in the black and almost being unable to refuel via fuel scooping. So not wanting to take that risk of losing all my discovery data I reluctantly turned around and headed back to the bubble.
Don't forget there's the Fuel Rats and the Hull Seals, on my last trip I was 40K LY out and down to 6% hull thanks to some FPS dips while trying to survey for biologicals. The nearest Hull Seals were 12K and 20K LY away respectively and they still came to save my sorry behind.

Last edited:
Don't forget there's the Fuel Rats and the Hull Seals, on my last trip I was 40K LY out and down to 6% hull thanks to some FPS dips while trying to survey for biologicals. The nearest Hull Seals were 12K and 20K LY away respectively and they still came to save my sorry .
Yes! I know of the Fuel Rats and the Hull Seals what they do is RAD! though I personally like making my own way in the galaxy, if I run into trouble then try and workout a solution, come at the problem from a different angle, I like the feeling of satisfaction I get when I work something out on my own and find a new way of doing something, and is the reason why I love EDO the game allows one to play as they like and create a dynamic narrative all their own. (y)

Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.07 - 10.10.46.44.png

HighResScreenShot_2021-10-03_17-47-12-1080-1.jpg

In these two pictures, I wasn't sure whether I wanted the rocket exhaust to be part of the image, and in the break I took between the time the two images were taken, flicking between the two it can be noticed how the stars move, showing the rotation of the planetary body I was on. The fact that the orbital mechanics are not fudged and represent realistic and real time motion is still quite stunning, even 20+ years when it was first incorporated into Frontier: Elite II. Though give me Elite Dangerous graphics over those every day of the week.
HighResScreenShot_2021-10-03_19-08-04-1.jpgHighResScreenShot_2021-10-03_19-08-22-1080-1.jpg
HighResScreenShot_2021-10-03_19-01-44.jpg

HighResScreenShot_2021-10-02_18-39-17-1080.jpg

HighResScreenShot_2022-01-09_07-45-001.jpg

Just a quick snapshot I took that in retrospect I really like how it came out:

avny5zi.png

It might be dumb luck or maybe Update 9 needed to percolate through the galaxy, but this is one of the three planetary settlements I recently found that ran at a steady 60 fps via Geforce Now, a service that often struggles with Odyssey. I hope this is a sign of good things to come soon.🤞

The fact that the orbital mechanics are not fudged and represent realistic and real time motion is still quite stunning, even 20+ years when it was first incorporated into Frontier: Elite II. Though give me Elite Dangerous graphics over those every day of the week.
When I think about my first weeks with Elite back in 2015, I realize now that it was the realistic orbital mechanics that hooked me on the game. I remember docking at some station where a moon (IIRC) was in the sky to the right of my landing pad. I signed off for the night and came back the next day and discovered that the moon was now far off to the left and more distant. After playing countless space games with pretty but static "skyboxes," those orbital mechanics made for all the difference in the world. Sometimes it's the small things that can make or break a game. The extra immersive realism the orbital mechanics brought to Elite had thoroughly hooked me in a way that I never would have expected.

When I think about my first weeks with Elite back in 2015, I realize now that it was the realistic orbital mechanics that hooked me on the game. I remember docking at some station where a moon (IIRC) was in the sky to the right of my landing pad. I signed off for the night and came back the next day and discovered that the moon was now far off to the left and more distant. After playing countless space games with pretty but static "skyboxes," those orbital mechanics made for all the difference in the world. Sometimes it's the small things that can make or break a game. The extra immersive realism the orbital mechanics brought to Elite had thoroughly hooked me in a way that I never would have expected.
There's once in a lifetime alignments, and no system is ever the same twice. It's not hyperbole to call Elite Dangerous a galactic simulator. o7

Good morning CMDRs,

KqSUhpZ.png

A quick engineering run to buff up my mining T10. The TFS Nostromo felt... a little fragile after the buff to the TFS Saul of Tarsus!
OqWi6zn.png

And yes, I have 2 T10s...

How to tell the difference?
21qXT14.png

If the exhaust is white, you're all right!
fUZucgr.png

But if the exhaust is yellow... run. Run for your life!

Certain jobs require a, er, smaller craft.
X9BdsXy.png

Getting echoes of the ending of Alien with this one...
gxI4vg2.png

Nevertheless, do not underestimate the capabilities...
TQwbsAb.png

Or indeed the prettiness of such a craft!

See you in the black! o7

Last edited:
Good morning CMDRs,

After spending quite a bit of time in the Bubble, and some tank sunbathing, it's time to travel again!
FAbJPWP.png

Time to go into storage, my friend.

Heading out to the frontier...
9B0Dfbr.png

Past one of the many white dwarfs inside the Bubble...
8xYslIR.png

To an outpost on the edge of inhabited space...
P8ITYd3.png

On a moon with rings!!!

Last stop for civilisation. From here on out, there is only the black...

o7

Last edited:
DglDMqI.png

I want to thank CMDR Kaito=Otori, plank owner of the fleet carrier N- Nautilus, for helping me complete a mission for the Feds. I needed some advanced medicines and his carrier was the only place that stocked them in the system. It saved me a big headache trying to track down another source!

Top Bottom