The great big Odyssey Screenshots thread

If you think this ship is small, try to find the pilot shown in one of the pictures. Good luck with that! ;)
Too easy.
Untitled10.jpg

cmdr banger705

spotted a few weird looking blobs.while flying low on Hip 7338
and bagged myself a reward for logging bacturum auragus Teal.

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.14 - 18.25.44.17.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.14 - 18.25.44.17.png
    902 KB · Views: 74
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.14 - 23.16.57.74.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.14 - 23.16.57.74.png
    839 KB · Views: 67
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.15 - 00.06.24.67.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.15 - 00.06.24.67.png
    930.3 KB · Views: 74
CMDRs Log stardate 220115

Expedition 5 checking in!

My first undiscovered system contains 3 planets of interest. The first is an volcanically active moon.
QPPiW1U.png

Almost a potato moon...
IbV2omd.png

No atmosphere, but 1.3km deep canyons provide a race-track like challenge that should provide a simple challenge for hooners - if they had the guts to come into Ody...
uIgHGCp.png

jv64GG6.png

The sky is dark as we are travelling close to the edge of the galaxy.
P0OgXYQ.png

"And so here we are again on our own..."
dFvVDiZ.png

Sn6KNEV.png

The other planets are over there: an atmospheric world, and a close binary system that should provide spectacular views. We shall see them all.

o7!

Last edited:
CMDRs Log stardate 220116

We visited the binary and stopped by on a nearby planet.
gYETEYA.png

The place is inhospitable to both human and machine. The scarab remained in it's bay for safety. We took the precaution of staying in the shadows as much as possible.
D270VKD.png

By contrast, this Neon ice moon was 42 degrees above absolute zero.
PZNW6k9.png

The celestial clock shows it to be half-past noon. Here at the bottom of the Galaxy, there may be all sorts of weird things.

Our next stop was not altogether unvisited, but they had not stopped to see the sights. That's a shame, as they were worth stopping for...
3oer96G.png

zO5xB0R.png

What am I looking at? Cue "Thus Spake Zarathustra"...
j2Jam65.png

Okay - a bit over dramatic, but hey...

This system has a gas giant surrounded by Carbon Dioxide moons, each with 3 or 6 biologicals. Time to go for a drive!

o7

Next

Last edited:
Good morning CMDRs,

Previously

If there is one thing I have learned in the last few months it's this: turn off your lights!
cF40yuP.png

The spot I had chosen to land and investigate turned out to be a sort of fertile crescent.
OxY0YQX.png

3UUAfYe.png

MR2hbRg.png

But hunting the dark with the lights off helps you realise how fertile it really is!
4pebjvB.png

ED0kgAQ.png

(Concha glowing in the dawn and - predictably - hiding in the valleys)
iT7nrV8.png

As I climb out of this deep valley towards the rising sun, I constantly pass forests containing multiple species.
pxreZuV.png

The dawn provides enough light to find your way.
LtrOMi7.png

Sadly I do not have the time to wait until sunrise, but I'm betting it would be spectacular!

o7

Next

Last edited:
CMDR's Log stardate 220118

Previously

Good morning CMDRs,
fC7QQg6.png

Well, it was when we woke up to this!

We are at the bottom of the Galaxy below the Bubble - like @varonica where stars are few and far between. It is a well explored zone and there is very little scope for first discoveries. Nevertheless, there is still much to see.
kNEIwqI.png

Rolling dunes on this world make for interesting driving.
7VnBc1n.png

This binary system, class A and class G stars make this crater all the more interesting as does the lack of other stars in the sky! You might think that we are in a much thicker atmosphere.
Owr9GCi.png

Indeed so thick it is that it hides it's moon on the horizon.
Kbey5KF.png

On to the next stop...

BoR5pb6.png

On the way, we are keeping our eyes peeled for possible interesting mining spots.

These rings contain Titium, Grandidierite, Void Opals, Alexandrite and Bromellite. If I owned a carrier, I might bring it here. There's only a couple of overlaps though, so those pro-miners would probably go "meh!"

There is yet much to be discovered, so moving on. o7

Next

Last edited:
CMDR's Log stardate 220120

Previously

Good morning CMDRs,

Having visited the bottom of the galaxy and discovered it to be most already discovered we are heading south through the Sanguineous Rim. The gap between galactic arms is so sparse that many star systems have already been discovered, but it seems that few planets have really been explored! It is, after all, just a corridor to more populated space.
0TbvbsU.png

We have been engaging in the most dangerous sport of scoop jumping. That is, jumping whilst still scooping. You engage the FSD as soon as the target is in sight and the cooldown has expired. It's most effective on giant stars where it's possible to be fully refueled in the 5 second countdown. Using this method you can achieve a jump rate of 78 jumps an hour. Combined with a 54ly range, that's a possible 4kly an hour. It's exhausting though as the concentration really has to be high!

siPVcKd.png

We did stop by to sniff the scenery on a couple of worlds. We discovered a 6km high mountain range in this one!
TYMVWzc.png

This unusual world has an Argon Atmosphere merely 1AU from it's M-Class star, you don't see many of those!
Z4LXEzW.png

Let's put this mountain into perspective. It's as high as the Andes in South America - whose tallest mountain is only 800 meters taller. It's also taller than the tallest mountain in Canada. Had I time to go mountaineering...
xmf6jQQ.png

But alas - time makes fools of us all.

Onwards and upwards! o7

Next

Last edited:
Top Bottom