The Great ELW Fishing Expedition

Putting myself on the board
1YsnbQ6.png

FqsWgDH.png

How do I know which systems that are in a cube? I.e I'm in the wepiae sector. And last system was IC-U d3-4286. Is it the IC-U code that defines the cube? IC-U d3-4287, 4288, etc?

How do I know which systems that are in a cube? I.e I'm in the wepiae sector. And last system was IC-U d3-4286. Is it the IC-U code that defines the cube? IC-U d3-4287, 4288, etc?
Yup....IC-U is your D cube....west of it will be the HC-U cube (to the left) and JC-U will be to the east (right side) the number is just designating the number of the system in the cube.
The more D systems in the cube..the higher that number can go.

Finally found a system to park up in and 1 elw on my list so far, just got to work out how to post picture.

Carrier is located in Hypiae Auscs FD-P b11-3 and is open for repairs etc.

I think I have explorer ocd I, just cant leave a system unless every planet is scanned. :D
That's the reason why I didn't register for the expedition, even though I am also farming ELWs and I am actually in the vincinity. I always fully FSS scan the systems, and I map the valuables at least in the vincinity of the arrival star. So I waste too much time to be competitive. Not to mention that I sometimes land and get otherwise distracted.

Regarding promising boxels, "metallicity" (for our purpose and in the game context rated by the Helium content of GGs) can also be a hint, as mentioned by marx in this thread. Basically, if you find a gas giant in your current boxel, check for it's Helium content. In the lower 25% range and under is good. But it is no guarantee for more ELWs.

By far my best boxel has been IOCKOLS OX-S D4, 27 ELWs found in 540 systems scanned, so 1 in 20 (Helium content ~25.2% in the boxel). Your problem with that information? The boxel is not particularly close, and the boxel has just about 1040 systems total. So I already visited more than half, and you would have to figure out a way to filter out my visited systems. But there it is, ~25 ELWs still to be discovered in ~500 still unvisited (by me or others sync'ed with EDSM) systems!

Last edited:
That's the reason why I didn't register for the expedition, even though I am also farming ELWs and I am actually in the vincinity. I always fully FSS scan the systems, and I map the valuables at least in the vincinity of the arrival star. So I waste too much time to be competitive. Not to mention that I sometimes land and get otherwise distracted.

No reason not to join! You might get one or more of the hottest/coldest etc...

Regarding promising boxels, "metallicity" (for our purpose and in the game context rated by the Helium content of GGs) can also be a hint, as mentioned by marx in this thread. Basically, if you find a gas giant in your current boxel, check for it's Helium content. In the lower 25% range and under is good. But it is no guarantee for more ELWs.

By far my best boxel has been IOCKOLS OX-S D4, 27 ELWs found in 540 systems scanned, so 1 in 20 (Helium content ~25.2% in the boxel). Your problem with that information? The boxel is not particularly close, and the boxel has just about 1040 systems total. So I already visited more than half, and you would have to figure out a way to filter out my visited systems. But there it is, ~25 ELWs still to be discovered in ~500 still unvisited (by me or others sync'ed with EDSM) systems!

I'm not only looking for elw:s. Also trying to find nice places to get space photos for my twitter feed. :)

Top Bottom