The Great Pre-Upgraded Gear Sharing is Caring Thread

As a reminder, please let people know when you grab something. It's frustrating to take a dozen jumps then land on a planet to find that the gear is gone.
I hope no one is going after gear in a short jump range ship. Use an explorer kitted DBX or AspX and everything is like 3 jumps

I hope no one is going after gear in a short jump range ship. Use an explorer kitted DBX or AspX and everything is like 3 jumps

True. I've had better success using my DBX that has a 70ly jump range. But, I'm also grinding mats and missions, so my humble Courier will have to do at times.

Regardless, we can still all be courteous.

I feel so discouraged, been doing this for 3 weeks now. Still no mav/artemis with extra battery.
Pretty much a needle in a haystack with the amount of RNG involved, wouldn't feel too bad about it. You're probably better off investing that effort into unlocking the engineers and just slapping Extra Battery Capacity on the suit of your choice.

The extra battery I think is on the latest engineer in the chain. I'd like to not do that.
Pretty much a needle in a haystack with the amount of RNG involved, wouldn't feel too bad about it. You're probably better off investing that effort into unlocking the engineers and just slapping Extra Battery Capacity on the suit of your choice.

The extra battery I think is on the latest engineer in the chain. I'd like to not do that.
It's not the worst chain compared to the others and you can set some goals for yourself (the data itself is a bit of a hassle, but Restore/Reactivation and Covert missions are okay). Or, alternatively, you could check Reddit for the weekly Colonia FC shuttle and apply your upgrades there instead.

I feel so discouraged, been doing this for 3 weeks now. Still no mav/artemis with extra battery.

20220113172737_1.jpg

Are you looking for something like this?

Extra battery is overrated IMO. For maverick Reduced Tool Energy Consumption is more bang for the buck (basically +100% energy rather than +50%, for the main tasks you're gonna spend it on in a Mav - using the cutter and the overcharge), and it's among the easiest mods to engineer yourself. For dominator there are other higher priority mods as well, like ammo, shield, jump, DR... For artemis sure it's good, but by the time you're diving into exobiology, you're likely able to afford to engineer it yourself.

Yeah I hate the RNG grind which gives nothing useful in 99% cases. I tried finding an Exec with Audio masking but hell... said f it and unlocked Yarden Bond.

Extra battery is overrated IMO. For maverick Reduced Tool Energy Consumption is more bang for the buck (basically +100% energy rather than +50%, for the main tasks you're gonna spend it on in a Mav - using the cutter and the overcharge), and it's among the easiest mods to engineer yourself. For dominator there are other higher priority mods as well, like ammo, shield, jump, DR... For artemis sure it's good, but by the time you're diving into exobiology, you're likely able to afford to engineer it yourself.
On a Maverick having both Red Tool Battery consumption and Imp battery capacity make sense. The capacity gives you longer lasting shields and tool use, and the consumption gives you longer tool use. These two are part of what I consider the 'holy trinity' of modifications for a Maverick, the third being night vision. Pax vobiscum.

Steve 07.

On a Maverick having both Red Tool Battery consumption and Imp battery capacity make sense. The capacity gives you longer lasting shields and tool use, and the consumption gives you longer tool use. These two are part of what I consider the 'holy trinity' of modifications for a Maverick, the third being night vision. Pax vobiscum.

Steve 07.
Agreed about night vision, but I'd rather go for jump, sprint, backpack and/or quiet footsteps than RTBC + IBC. One of them is enough, considering the abundance of recharge sockets in settlements (unless you're raiding offline settlements without restoring power...). But of course it's a matter of personal preference.

Top Bottom