The greatest flaw with Tritium is that the price point makes a player-driven economy impossible.

The real mining was done at refinery stations near by the FC needing the order filed. My best on sell valved 115Mcr a delivery, made approx 700Mcr from one FC.
Sounds pretty good! I think trading in this way is much more fun than at stations, I see so much more of the galaxy and so many more systems than what I would visit otherwise. I couldn't do this without other cmdrs though! My job is now 100% cmdr based.

Oh like there isn't any intake traffic for FCs coming back from colonia?

Dude there is literal FC taxi services and they'd love to buy your trit

Looks like a job for the Fuel Rats!
2nd problem will come too. To buy trit from you they must do more money. LTD is patched now.
Initially LTD to buy trit ration was 20 to 1. I.e. from 1 ltd I could order 20 trit from players. That was acceptable.

that said - if FC owners could pay in engineer materials, the situation might look very very different.
In a way, you'll get waaaay more engineer materials doing this work than simple missions. You'll have to be ready to defend yourself though! And don't forget your limpets!

Well you know you can mine trit again, right? I can understand the whole patch 3 tritpocalypse, but trit is minable again.
rate. not. acceptable.
I plan park carrier so it keep annoys people soon. Now it's a bit away. Just to bring fdevs attention.

ppl complain about too many carriers in some systems. I plan to add mine there. Because it is useless now. Can stay in system and annoy people for 7 years.

ppl complain about too many carriers in some systems. I plan to add mine there. Because it is useless now. Can stay in system and annoy people for 7 years.
Have fun being constantly orange sidewindered by your own FC then, like what happened to me for an hour in Nuenets with mine own

Have fun being constantly orange sidewindered by your own FC then, like what happened to me for an hour in Nuenets with mine own
I can jump it when needed :D
But I will not need it for months while in void. I can't take it with me - too expensive fuel (by creds or by time).

I can jump it when needed :D
too expensive fuel
If you cannot afford to run an FC, you have no business owning one if you're going to complain about Tritium not being ez enough like in patch 2. Work for it, otherwise just decommission her

If you cannot afford to run an FC, you have no business owning one if you're going to complain about Tritium not being ez enough like in patch 2. Work for it, otherwise just decommission her
I have better idea, put in bubble, like Deciat. She can stay there 7 years.

Parked Carriers in systems (Inara):

Colonia 104
Cubeo 110
Deciat 117
Laksak 151

Anybody know of other systems with 100+ parked FCs? Wanted to know how bad things really are.

A player driven economy will not be created if FC based buy/sell orders are not fully visible to the market.
The reliance on third party back channel info to find the best buy/sell locations benefits some but not all.
Yes, I did use Inara info to get my FC. Not saying it should go or stop. Just integrate it into the game.
- A market news panel on the right hand side, like galnet news. Or accessed via galmap. Not just little blue/green things.
- A Fleet Carrier Trade Commission - a side server built to confirm order request and completions, that can be queried by all.
So as not to have phantom orders or completed orders still showing as open. It would be like a FC mission contract.
Both parities need to stake the funds and honor the completion, or be fined( a%).

A player driven economy will not be created if FC based buy/sell orders are not fully visible to the market.
The reliance on third party back channel info to find the best buy/sell locations benefits some but not all.
Yes, I did use Inara info to get my FC. Not saying it should go or stop. Just integrate it into the game.
  • A market news panel on the right hand side, like galnet news. Or accessed via galmap. Not just little blue/green things.
  • A Fleet Carrier Trade Commission - a side server built to confirm order request and completions, that can be queried by all.
So as not to have phantom orders or completed orders still showing as open. It would be like a FC mission contract.
Both parities need to stake the funds and honor the completion, or be fined( a%).
1st and most important both sides must get a profit. No orders will help if somebody has loses.
Topic starter wants to make a profit on explorers. But at such price explorer will need 6 months just to cover fuel.

1st and most important both sides must get a profit. No orders will help if somebody has loses.
Topic starter wants to make a profit on explorers. But at such price explorer will need 6 months just to cover fuel.
Maybe I should have said this, A Fleet Carrier Fair Trade Commission - If an order is made and then accepted it stands until completion or failure, with consequences.
There is no loss if the FC made and set the value/quantity of the order. It should not be changed by FC once accepted by the supplier. Consequences...again.
The FC must set aside the funds for a completion. Other wise the FC are just operating as Trading Gankers, if they change there market settings.
The current FC market controls have no lock in, like missions have. Fair trade, buy low sell high, that is a profit. If a Fc cmdr has funds and wants to order above gal-avg price.
I for one will try to get there. Its up to me to buy low to sell to this high order. That is my profit, margins large or small...

Maybe I should have said this, A Fleet Carrier Fair Trade Commission - If an order is made and then accepted it stands until completion or failure, with consequences.
There is no loss if the FC made and set the value/quantity of the order. It should not be changed by FC once accepted by the supplier. Consequences...again.
The FC must set aside the funds for a completion. Other wise the FC are just operating as Trading Gankers, if they change there market settings.
The current FC market controls have no lock in, like missions have. Fair trade, buy low sell high, that is a profit. If a Fc cmdr has funds and wants to order above gal-avg price.
I for one will try to get there. Its up to me to buy low to sell to this high order. That is my profit, margins large or small...
Problem is .. what carrier owner will do with items he bought? Sell to NPC later? We saw that disaster already, when LTD prices dropped and people left with full carriers of LTD.
Sell to NPC now? -> original supplier can do that too.
Own consumption? -> it will be always cheaper to buy from npc direct/mine.
"players economy" might work for some period of time if we could do crafting, until enough of things crafted.

Problem is .. what carrier owner will do with items he bought? Sell to NPC later? We saw that disaster already, when LTD prices dropped and people left with full carriers of LTD.
"players economy" might work for some period of time if we could do crafting, until enough of things crafted.

Everything I put into my carrier gets sold to other cmdrs. If that is not the definition of player driven economy, I don't know what is.

Well that is happening now, LTD and VO markets are ending at Stations, none owned or controlled by real commanders, but selling to an FC is.
So, a little cmdr mines 100 VO and sells to a nearby FC for anything above $0, the FC stockpiles VO, and jumps to sell at high value station.
Little cmdr made his profit, Fc cmdr made his profit on volume. Corner the market if you can.

Well that is happening now, LTD and VO markets are ending at Stations, none owned or controlled by real commanders, but selling to an FC is.
So, a little cmdr mines 100 VO and sells to a nearby FC for anything above $0, the FC stockpiles VO, and jumps to sell at high value station.
Little cmdr made his profit, Fc cmdr made his profit on volume. Corner the market if you can.
..not sure why commanders would want it. It is exceptionally often case when best buy station has spot of VO is same system :D Just mine there, and sell there.
VO remains....semi-broken...it's just rare in any spot/place. Like 1 rock per 15-20 mins. And you need actually 1, as you can respawn it :D

Top Bottom