The Greatest Gig in the Galaxy ???

Who in Thargoids name are "Spectacular Nemesis" and "Jade Graceland" ? Has someone ever heard about them before ? Just because they played some boring retro 2026s synthie pop in a shabby bar onTatooine they are invited to the Alliance Festival of Culture ??

Why didn't these ignorants invite "Disaster Area", the famous plutonium rockband ?

Now THAT would have been a Gig in the Galaxy ! (At least the loudest !!!)

P.S.
Hotblack Desiato for president !

Someone needs to switch to decaffeinated Advanced Tea Substitute.

Noooo - this thread proves the opposite is true.

@OP
'Jade Graceland' claims to be the original Elvis, reawakened from cryostasis to bring rock n' roll music to the 34th century.
'Spectacular Nemesis' is a 'Napalm Death' tribute act. Interestingly, Napalm Death are currently touring Federation space featuring their 4,217th different lineup. No original members are currently involved.

Last edited:
Who in Thargoids name are "Spectacular Nemesis" and "Jade Graceland" ? Has someone ever heard about them before ? Just because they played some boring retro 2026s synthie pop in a shabby bar onTatooine they are invited to the Alliance Festival of Culture ??

Why didn't these ignorants invite "Disaster Area", the famous plutonium rockband ?

Now THAT would have been a Gig in the Galaxy ! (At least the loudest !!!)

P.S.
Hotblack Desiato for president !

...or you put absolutely no context in the original post whatsoever so people like me get confused

Ironically, your sig contains a detailed quote from the very source of Disaster Area and Hotblack Desiato :) I'm sure no one was deliberately attempting to confuse. Anyway, if you're younger than the usual gang of suspects, we're probably all just jealous :)

where they keep the Elephant Butt Leather....

and the local area plans. In a filing cabinet marked "Beware of the Leopard"

edit i may be young but i'm not stupid enough to do a google search when i don't know what something is. I'm still too young to have truly enjoyed a version of The Guide that doesn't have Mos Def in it...

I'm truly uncultured

Now find me the Omicron Persei system and they'll well talk. Stellaris managed to slip it in there as a system. And if the Generation is kind enough there will be 8 or more planets in the Omicron Persei System.

Or Firefly references in the game. I'm okay with casual references to "The 'Verse" within a game that could have the least to do with each other. or maybe Firefly and ED are more in common than we think? (Movie Trailer Announcer guy voice) In a galaxy where science fiction collides...with science fiction

Last edited:
Ok, so this will sound totally silly but I went to the system and tried to find that said Gig. When I got there there was no info on the nav beacon or at the visitor's beacon. Tried flying to various stations, nothing. Is there actually something happening in the system or is this news just for lore, without actual interaction? Kahm, I mean, whoever organised this so called "best gig in the galaxy" needs to be shot, hanged, and then shot again! Terrible experience for any serious partygoer, and an embarrassment for an event of such high aspirations! Luckily I brought the party with me, other disappointed tourist ships at the beacon appreciated it very much...

Ok, so this will sound totally silly but I went to the system and tried to find that said Gig. When I got there there was no info on the nav beacon or at the visitor's beacon. Tried flying to various stations, nothing. Is there actually something happening in the system or is this news just for lore, without actual interaction? Kahm, I mean, whoever organised this so called "best gig in the galaxy" needs to be shot, hanged, and then shot again! Terrible experience for any serious partygoer, and an embarrassment for an event of such high aspirations! Luckily I brought the party with me, other disappointed tourist ships at the beacon appreciated it very much...

Galnet articles have for some time just existed as fluff.
Recently FD acknowledged that this caused some dissatisfaction and decided to focus on in game events instead.
This Alliance Cultural Festival night actually be the last time you can fly to somewhere and see absolutely nothing.

Top Bottom