General / Off-Topic The green goblin lives!

His name is Franky Zapata, and he is French! XD

And yes, he sold the concept to the army. The French army will have flying soldiers now! 😝

He participated in the parade on July 14 this year

and the July 25 he will cross the English Channel.

He will leave to Sangatte to arrive to Dover area in England.

The Maritime Prefecture has given the authorization.

concerned gaze

Was kind of expecting the backpack to be a parachute, so you can boost yourself up to altitude and bail in case of some emergency. Nope. It's full of fuel....riiight.

Sadly, Franky Zapata has failed to cross the Channel.

Apparently, the "air board" ran out of fuel just short to reach the refuel point.

The good news is that he is fine and dandy, the only thing that was hurt was his pride.

He is being transported back to the coast as I post.

Sadly, Franky Zapata has failed to cross the Channel.

Apparently, the "air board" ran out of fuel just short to reach the refuel point.

The good news is that he is fine and dandy, the only thing that was hurt was his pride.

He is being transported back to the coast as I post.

The first attempt is a failure.

After taking off in the morning near the beach of Sangatte (Pas-de-Calais), Franky Zapata fell in the English waters after striking at a very low speed the platform of the kerosene refueling boat where he wanted to land and was immediately rescued.

"When I arrived in front of the refueling boat at sea, I had two minutes left to land, but I could not get close. I started the descent, and by the time I grabbed the bar, the boat stopped dead, the feet went forward and I was ejected like a cork back."

"I fell into the water next to the boat and all my friends jumped into the water to help me," added Frank Zapata.

Franky Zapata "does not want to stay on a failure," said his communications officer. "He will retry the crossing of the Channel at the end of the week."

Today, Franky Zapata has successfully crossed the Channel on his flying machine

The Frenchman reached St Margaret's Bay in 21 minutes (25 minutes with the kerosene refueling).

Congratulations Franky !

He makes it looks so easy to control. Its amazing, so fluid that you might think you are watching CGI effects from Avengers hehe. Congratz to the man for his successful flight!

Top Bottom