The Guardian Research Division

Gamescom stuff!

Link to new stuff (Guardian included): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6942432&viewfull=1#post6942432

Video of the reveal:

THIS! Looks like an orbital space station - this would be amazing, since the space stations were spoken of by Ram Tah in the lore to support the connection of the Monolithic Network!

UPDATE: What we see in the video is explained as a Guardian "beacon" - likely to be quite a few of those scattered around - we can interact with them.

I'm hoping those have more info for us. This time, I'll be among those looking to find those quickly and figure them out. A space-based piece of Guardian civilization has my interest piqued.

I won't be sporting a purely pacifist loadout, but well...the last installations we visited had defenses. As much as I want to take a long range DBX, I'll bring a Krait full of their own tech. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me.

I'm hoping those have more info for us. This time, I'll be among those looking to find those quickly and figure them out. A space-based piece of Guardian civilization has my interest piqued.

I won't be sporting a purely pacifist loadout, but well...the last installations we visited had defenses. As much as I want to take a long range DBX, I'll bring a Krait full of their own tech. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me.

Nothing wrong with being fully prepared ;)

I'll be dragging a long a ship that's combat worthy too...

[video=youtube;fEs8j4_hrUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEs8j4_hrUY[/video]

I'm wondering if these beacons will lead us into the Permit Locked region of the Regor Sector. If so, I'm wondering if we'll be on a quest to find the Guardian's homeworld...

Well, we'll see. If we get to unlock a permit through this gameplay, it'll be the first time in the game we can unlock a zone and get into it. Who knows, there may be something similar in store for the Thargoid content too, since there will be more ground installations etc.

Nothing wrong with being fully prepared ;)

I'll be dragging a long a ship that's combat worthy too...

I'm wondering if these beacons will lead us into the Permit Locked region of the Regor Sector. If so, I'm wondering if we'll be on a quest to find the Guardian's homeworld...

Well, we'll see. If we get to unlock a permit through this gameplay, it'll be the first time in the game we can unlock a zone and get into it. Who knows, there may be something similar in store for the Thargoid content too, since there will be more ground installations etc.

Well, let's hope for the best. I do want to find their homeworld, to see if it even still exists or if the star died long ago. It makes me wonder if the airless worlds we find ruins on now were once less dead. I also must know what became of their constructs. I don't know if I want to meet them, but knowing what they did afterwards interests me.

I don't know what it is, but Guardian content is my favorite. Thargoids are cool, but they're just a means to advance the Guardian stuff for me.

In the original teaser trailer (the one at the start of the Thargoid hunting livestream) one of the orbital structures appeared to be orbiting a gas giant. Am I right in thinking your research into the potential home system the Guardian homeworld was a moon of a gas giant? Of course, it's pure speculation but the hint is there if what you think is true. Whatever it is and whatever it reveals, it will be interesting to find out.

In the original teaser trailer (the one at the start of the Thargoid hunting livestream) one of the orbital structures appeared to be orbiting a gas giant. Am I right in thinking your research into the potential home system the Guardian homeworld was a moon of a gas giant? Of course, it's pure speculation but the hint is there if what you think is true. Whatever it is and whatever it reveals, it will be interesting to find out.

Yep! Although, I doubt it'll be the home system they were showing... but you never know ;)

LSKCiX5.jpg
JiTWz3p.jpg

I'm guessing the orbital structures may require the following in order to unlock them (because everything involved with the monolithic network up until now has required something to get information out of them - I don't think the beacons will be any different):

Relics, Urns, Tablets, Caskets, Totems, Orbs...

They may also require various Thargoid tissue samples and Thargoid Sensors, Links, and Probes (honestly, I'm really, REALLY hoping this isn't the case - it really hurt people trying to get involved with the lore with so much time-consuming ball ache - so I hope there won't be any need for these items again, since practically everyone, probably bar canonn, has any going around).

I am hoping the beacons lead us to the home system and grant us a permit to enter the regor sector, where it is believed to be the home location of the Guardians. If that is so, then searching the few F and A-Class stars in there won't take long, since I've already identified a number of potential systems.

I could be entirely wrong, though - it would be extremely horrible if the Ancient Ruin had nothing to do with the home system :( let alone how my hypothesized map looks :(

From today's Launch Announcement

Guardian Beacons

New Guardian Beacons have been discovered in the galaxy. These will lead you to new discoveries and help you uncover new Guardian secrets. The puzzles you solve at these giant structures will lead you to unlock some incredible new technology.

Think that's what was shown in the release date reveal trailer.

O7,
[noob]

I wonder if we will have to bring recon limpets for those Guardian structures in space.

I was wondering the same thing. What sort of setup is required to interact with them? Will there be new ground bases too?
I'm going to take one recon controller and an SRV just in case. I dont want to keep going back and forth 1000ly!

You know, I'm wondering if the "key" Melville was refering to meant these new Beacons... and that they'll lead us to that "unique" site he was on about... hmmmmm

A thoroughly enjoyable and educational video (below).

Towards the end, I'm reminded of the Obelisks at both the Ancient Ruins and Guardian Structures - could they have also been built and left dotted around as a way to preserve their very identity if they were to be wiped out?

[video=youtube;U4WZndFzC7w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4WZndFzC7w[/video]

Gamescom stuff!

Link to new stuff (Guardian included): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=6942432&viewfull=1#post6942432

Video of the reveal:

THIS! Looks like an orbital space station - this would be amazing, since the space stations were spoken of by Ram Tah in the lore to support the connection of the Monolithic Network!

UPDATE: What we see in the video is explained as a Guardian "beacon" - likely to be quite a few of those scattered around - we can interact with them.

Haha, I called it in this forum that there would be guardian orbitals.

Maybe they are "guarding" something finally.

Greetings Commanders!

I have been reading this thread in order to become more educated and excited about the Guardians and the new beacons. Well, I have become more educated but not more excited. So I am posting to find out why viscerally the Guardians are so mesmerizing to you. Is it the puzzle aspect? How such a great civilization disappeared? Is it the possibility of the AI still existing? etc.

Personally, I find the Guardian's history to be quite tragic. Although they may be "alien", it seems to me that they are all too human in their inability to find a consensus or peace amongst themselves. Despite their technological achievements, erudition, and an entire galaxy to colonize, they still destroyed themselves.

I am a hopeless idealist. When I play ED I want to fantasize about being in a world with not only technological advancement, but also ethical advancement as well. (I do realize that the Guardians were millions of years ago.....) I would hope that we are not doomed to the same fate!

ty,

o7

Okay folks, we have around 11 days to gether these things and try out what they do (if we can come across any such Construct vessels etc);

1. Thargoid Sensor
  2. Thargoid Probe
  3. Unknown Link
  4. Relic
  5. Tablet
  6. Casket
  7. Orb
  8. Totem
  9. Urn

I would suggest not carrying both Thargoid and Guardian items in the same cargo hold, since it could potentially screw up results.

Also, I would suggest going in a combat ship, or a ship that has a good amount of shielding (with the Guardian Module Reinforcement Pack to boot, may prevent some measure of shut down, if any).

I'll probably test out the Guardian stuff, since I don't have the improved cargo racks to carry Thargoid stuff (and it is a pain to get).

I can try the guardian stuff as I am in guardian territory, but I don' t know where one of these things is.

Thanks, now it just remains to see how long to jump from where I'm at to there. My krait has fairly good jump range so that's probably not an issue. It has no weapons other than the fighter on board but that should do for pylons I'd think. If not, and testing things shows that something more is needed, I have options not too far off. All has to wait for about 3 hours then walk dog, do dishes and download/install update.

All has to wait for about 3 hours then walk dog, do dishes and download/install update.

1. feeding cats
2. did the dishes
3. played with kids
4. being mentally tortured by kids
5. wife is complaining about the snails in the garden
6. grass in the yard reduced to 18 mm height.
7. another portion of dishes.
8. exchanged electrical wires
9. bulbs! I have to replace 2.
10. wasps nest discovered in the garden
11. killed 2 hornets, 8 incoming

Lucky You.

Top Bottom