The Guardian Research Division

Worked on two more Guardians depictions.

ERoPpgS.jpg

hMdhlwv.jpg

I've just taken time out to have a go at searching for the Guardian Homeworld if nothing else to learn the new exploration tools with a purpose.

At the risk of over simplification is it not a fair to say that Guardian site presence/locations would be a good indicator as to where in the sector the homeworld might be? If you think of say future earth colonisation and expansion Sol would not necessarily be in the centre of everything but it would be the centre of a local bubble of activity and population.

One question I had which I didn't quite follow.... Why might the star of the Guardian Homeworld system be a class A or B as opposed to M?

I've just taken time out to have a go at searching for the Guardian Homeworld if nothing else to learn the new exploration tools with a purpose.

At the risk of over simplification is it not a fair to say that Guardian site presence/locations would be a good indicator as to where in the sector the homeworld might be? If you think of say future earth colonisation and expansion Sol would not necessarily be in the centre of everything but it would be the centre of a local bubble of activity and population.

One question I had which I didn't quite follow.... Why might the star of the Guardian Homeworld system be a class A or B as opposed to M?

Hello Bigbangtheory, welcome to the thread :)

Keep going with exploring, there could be stuff out there no one has found yet involving the guardians! With regards to the expansion of their homeworld, it is anyone's guess :(

As to what made me think it may be an A, B, or F-class star, it is more of a hunch based on just two factors.

1) their climate was primarily jungle and hotter than our own earth climate - this is somewhat backed up in the logs where the Guardians evolved with a lack of a fatty layer to keep them warm. However, there are many factors involved in this, such as the distance to the star, so this one is a little weak, I agree.

2) the guardian's eyes had evolved to protect them from strong, intense light, and were very dark as a result - anything bright enough to do that would be F-class and above (one above our own G-class at a minimum). Again, star types can vary wildly, so even this may not have any ground to stand on.

However, with point 2, and if the homeworld is within the permit locked regor sector, then there are handfuls of stars in the A, B, and F-class ranged that can be searched first, which is just a logical assumption to start with the quickest.

Quick Question: If the Codex symbol for Raxxla is the description of a star system in Guardian format (like the layout of the surface sites), what would you say that system would look like? My estimate is that of a system with six barycentric stars, all orbited by a gas giant with three rings and a single moon, with Raxxla being either the moon itself or a POI in its immediate vicinity (i.e the moon ABCDEF 1a).

New depiction of the Guardian race. Hope to see more things in the game related to them in the future. Even if they seem extinct millions years ago it will be awesome to find some bunch of survivors and some AI construct.
UwqvJw9.jpg

New depiction of the Guardian race. Hope to see more things in the game related to them in the future. Even if they seem extinct millions years ago it will be awesome to find some bunch of survivors and some AI construct.
UwqvJw9.jpg

Looks amazing! (edit: I'll pop some of these new ones on the front page very soon)

I had a huge gap from playing the game for the past year (personal issues now ironed), so I'll jump back on board very soon in this thread!

Thank you to those who haven't forgotten it :) <3

Just curious - so asking those most likely to know : do you think this constellation may relate to the Guardians? Resembles some of the "scripts"....
Guardian-constellation.jpg

Just curious - so asking those most likely to know : do you think this constellation may relate to the Guardians? Resembles some of the "scripts"....View attachment 148279
This is a real-life cluster of stars, one of many that FD brought into the game via several star catalogues (primarily the Hipparcos and Gliese catalogues but some others). The reason they are stretched out like that is because the errors in the distance measurements are greater than the errors in Right Ascension and Declination (their position on the sky).

Found this out in the black...
A good example of it being possible that an earth-like with rings can exist 2,500ls away from an A class star (while orbiting a gas giant or small red star), which there are some inside the Regor permit lock deep inside the Guardian system.
Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom