The Guardian Transcripts: When Did You Realize?

How many transcripts did you collect before you realized the two items you need to have stowed in your SRV to get the transcripts are emblazoned on the obelisks?

I was so glassy eyed running from obelisk to obelisk that I didn't even notice.
I had to have a friend point it out.

For the longest time I thought some nerd had tried every possible combination in order to create the maps I've been following.

:D

How many transcripts did you collect before you realized the two items you need to have stowed in your SRV to get the transcripts are emblazoned on the obelisks?

I was so glassy eyed running from obelisk to obelisk that I didn't even notice.
I had to have a friend point it out.

For the longest time I thought some nerd had tried every possible combination in order to create the maps I've been following.

:D
Wasn't the case previously... and you're entirely correct... "some nerds" created the maps you've been following before fd changed them to display the items you need.

That change happened when guardian structures were introduced (the ones with sentinels). Before that it was trial and error-ish. Obelisks are laid out in formations where there's usually a common item in a block of obelisks, and it's just a case of them finding the correct item.

Kids these days don't know how easy they got it now ;)

EDIT: To answer... a lot of us noticed as soon as FD changed it... which boiled a lot of blood since people had spent a lot of time analysing the old patterns.. someone had even written a tool online to step through the patterns stage-by-stage. The change essentially meant that whatever it was before, was meaningless.

Last edited:
Top Bottom