Horizons The idiosyncrasies of the 1D Power Distributor

The following is not a rant. It is an FYI to those explorers who want to maximize their jump range. I already filed a bug report.

Yesterday I was preparing for my journey from Colonia to Sag A*. Preparing for me means I install different modules to get the max jump range out of the ship and then fly into a star or land on high G planets to see how the ship and I behave. For that I installed a 3A Power Plant and a 1D Power Distributor. Here is my configuration :

http://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit...AAAjIbmdlAAAAA=&bn=TheStyx-Nina-Explorer-Test

I landed my Anaconda on a planet with about 0.83G. I got into the SRV and wanted to dismiss my ship. The engines started but nothing happened. I waited some time but still nothing happened. So, I could not dismiss my ship nor could I board it. I decided to re-log into the game. When I came back I was in my SRV and the ship seamed to be in orbit. Then I recalled my ship. It came down like a rock and dropped onto the planet. When the ship settled down it was lying on its side. I decided to re-log again. This time the ship dropped onto the planet and exploded. I was now without a ship. I decided to re-log into ED (Not Horizon). And there it was, in the orbit. Damaged, thrusters offline and dropping slowly towards the planet. I managed to get the thrusters online and flew back to Colonia.

In Colonia I tested this again. I flew to a planet, landed, went into the SRV and tried to dismiss the ship. As before, the engine started but that’s it. I re-logged into Horizon and was in my SRV. This time the ship was gone. No ship anywhere. I re-logged back into ED and was sitting in the ship above the planet. I went back to Colonia, landed in Jaques and re-logged into Horizon. I exchanged the Power Plant and the Power Distributor to a 5A, went back to the planet and tried it again. This time the ship dismissed without any problems. I re-called the ship, which worked too. I then tried to board the ship. But this does not seam work anymore. Every time I try to board the ship I get a ‘Connection Error’.

My conclusion is, at least with my configuration, that the AI is incapable to take off or land on a planet with a ‘weak’ Power Distributor. I mean a 1D for an Anaconda is like no Power Distributor at all. I am back to a 5A Power Plant and Distributor. Now I am waiting for Fdev to solve my boarding problem. Btw, my AspX still works fine. No boarding problems whatsoever. Seams an issue with my Anaconda

Fly safe CMDR’s and always test your equipment.;)

Best,
Styx

1D PD on a 'Conda is like taking a 1l engine from a Fiesta and dumping it in a Bently Continental, surely? :p

Usually I don't need a Power Distributor when I am exploring, unless I wanna boost. This gives me +1.5 Ly jump range. Unfortunately it does not work because the AI needs a working PD for take off from a planet. Which makes my AspX more and more the better choice for long range exploring.

I just like to test the extremes. Like going 1,000c and deactivate the FSD. Or get caught in the corona of a star to test my AFMU and power management afterwards. Oh btw, don't repair your FSD while in SC. Doh.

Top Bottom