The Important Lore Point From The Halloween 3306 Event That Everyone Missed!

Now that I have suckered you in with the most clickbaity title EVAAAAAAAR let's have a chat, shall we?

When the Halloween 3306 Event involving the Adamastor went live CM-Art said on the live broadcast that day that there was a very important point of the story that he was surprised was not being discussed. On last Monday's SCN #11 CM-Bruce responded to the question "Have we found everything about the Halloween event?" with this (Apologies but the Twitch Clip cut off the bit where he refers directly to CM-Art's comment):

Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticDaintyKeyboardFloof

There is an active discussion ongoing in the Elite Week Discord: https://discord.gg/Wtgnsbq
in the #Tinfoil-Ops channel on this topic but I wanted to open the matter up to the wider Elite community thru these forums...

OK so, preamble complete.

Let's review and see what details the story point to that aren't being discussed. To my mind, the things this story points he may be indicating are:

1. Our previous first recorded contact with Thargoids was 3125 but this clearly indicates that the entity known as Azimuth Biochemicals that became known as Pharmasapien clearly had detailed knowledge of Thargoid sites in 3111 which indicates contact prior to even that time.

2. FTL Comms must be a thing based on the storyline.

3. Some secretive group acting thru shell corps was exhibiting very INRA like behavior far prior to our knowledge of the official existence of INRA.

4. The storyline of "Murphy" seems to clearly indicate the presence of some either mind control or ability to cause madness by either the Thargoids or their barnacles.

5. There was clearly another secure facility that the ship was en route to before they were diverted to the sample site. Although the comment by CM-Bruce that "to my knowledge there all the sites from the event have been found" could be taken to indicate that while the site was a part of the storyline it was not an asset added into the game per-se.

6. There is some ambiguity as to exactly what was recovered from the Thargoid wreckage whether it was a Probe or a Heart or in fact some form of Thargoid remains (dead or alive).

7. (I need to look further into this one) Were we aware of human travel that far out as long ago as 3111?

8. Presumably the first humans "taken" by Thargoids timeline has to be moved up significantly along with the first contact timeline.

9. As the originating comment was made within hours of the initial discovery of the Adamastor Mega-Ship could his comment be pointing to something else to do with that initial discovery of ship and logs or some other thing which was contained within the Chukchan system itself?

10. This would quite possibly make this the first (based on the timeline) use of Listening Posts?

11. Another one I need to look into further but, back in 3111 we have a Megaship able to travel in excess of 615 Ly in one day?

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts. Is there some factual error with any of the points I have listed? Is there something I have missed that should be added? I presume that this story is, in fact, not yet complete (or rather it's overarching effect on the sum total of Elite Lore) based on the subsequent arrival in the area of an Alliance Mega ship which seems to also be investigating this matter in the current timeline in-universe lore.

Again, you may also be interested to see the discussions ongoing within the Elite Week Discord.

Thanks for your attention to this post and I hope for exciting discussions!

Last edited:
PS if someone who doesn't absolutely suck at all things tech (as I do) could link that twitch clip that I made properly I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried like 5 times with no success.

FROM LATER IN THAT SAME BROADCAST:
Source: https://clips.twitch.tv/AbstemiousHyperRavenTebowing

And I copypasta'd the post that was being referred to:

CmdrThatchinho: (42:23 mark of the Twitch Stream)

Lore-wise, by my reckoning, we've got... FTL comms confirmed, a new earliest date for when LPs were around, minimum extent of the bubble in 3111, megaship jump per day ranges from that period, confirmation of a private company having knowledge of Thargoid existence in 3111, and a few other bits and bobs...

Last edited:
They wrote "It plotted a course toward Barnard's Loop" ... its quite bif area for search, but I fully agree witth 5) (OP) that there must be something else as is only listening post, which was found, where was Adamastor originall sent ... it makes zero sense that someone will send megaship almost 400ly in one direction only to redirect it further 600+ ly away ...

In Admastor log is still that empty date October 28, 3111 ...

I’m intrigued by the galnet post you linked there Kai. I read that article when it came out. Poked at it a few times and even referenced it a few times.
What never really struck me though was just how much time passed between public availability of the drives since the early 22nd century to the 2800’s. Sat, Jan 1, 2101 – Wed, Dec 31, 2200 is the timeline for the 22nd century, which means that a MINIMUM of 700 years passed where humans had hyperdrive tech but heavily restricted its use.

That is 700 years of time for people with access to the tech to explore with total control of what is and isn’t shared and 700 years of potential hyperdiction opportunities with thargoids. “The first generation ship was launched in 2097” according to galnet. Ships that travel at sublight speed.

All that is not really super related but it does lend to the question of how long megaships have been able to travel at those speeds 615ly/day or faster... as well as the question of how many generation ships, if any were siphoned off either during construction or captured after launch with passengers onboard and retrofitted with jump drives.

I also can’t help but wonder when FTL comms were developed and subsequently released. Was the timeline similar to hyperspace tech?

Last edited:
Speaking about the second point - how is this a revelation to some people now that we have FTL comms? We have FTL travel :)
How do you think galactic cartographics gets your data instantly from anywhere? How you can request a ship transfer from lightyears away and they get your request that very second, etc? Of course we have FTL comms.

Speaking about the second point - how is this a revelation to some people now that we have FTL comms? We have FTL travel :)
How do you think galactic cartographics gets your data instantly from anywhere? How you can request a ship transfer from lightyears away and they get your request that very second, etc? Of course we have FTL comms.

to my knowledge we don’t have any official documentation on ftl communications development.

I’m intrigued by the galnet post you linked there Kai. I read that article when it came out. Poked at it a few times and even referenced it a few times.
What never really struck me though was just how much time passed between public availability of the drives since the early 22nd century to the 2800’s. Sat, Jan 1, 2101 – Wed, Dec 31, 2200 is the timeline for the 22nd century, which means that a MINIMUM of 700 years passed where humans had hyperdrive tech but heavily restricted its use.

That is 700 years of time for people with access to the tech to explore with total control of what is and isn’t shared and 700 years of potential hyperdiction opportunities with thargoids. “The first generation ship was launched in 2097” according to galnet. Ships that travel at sublight speed.

All that is not really super related but it does lend to the question of how long megaships have been able to travel at those speeds 615ly/day or faster... as well as the question of how many generation ships, if any were siphoned off either during construction or captured after launch with passengers onboard and retrofitted with jump drives.

Where do you think the permit systems come from :D I bet the Club / Pilot Fed know all the places and shut out pilots to control human expansion- which suggests they also know where not to go....

it makes zero sense that someone will send megaship almost 400ly in one direction only to redirect it further 600+ ly away ...
First of all it makes as much sense as person inventing that story had, or thought was enough to make the puzzle.

That being said it makes some sense. If you want to keep your destination secret, you do not leave in the direction you want to go, but somewhere else first. Because the crew was hired for this job it makes even more sense, as they were not able do divulge that information, since they knew nothing about it. Therefore nobody knows where they are actually going - they are just headed somewhere and then along the way they receive communications to stop at certain listening post and follow orders found there (maybe they were also given a key to decipher those orders). I suspect that missing log entry might be about those orders and LP coordinates.

Which also explains the technological stagnation humanity has seen. The best designs are hundreds of years old, indicating we are living in the expansionist bubble carved out by our shady 'benefactors'....

I wonder how many growing civilizations we might be able to find archeological artifacts for that were wiped out to make room for our expansion during those 700 years... maybe that’s where some of the theorized to be alien rares come from?

Last edited:
The Foundation Series is a good read :)

And AppleTV are turning it into what looks to be a GENUINELY amazing looking series! Much like Game of Thrones or The Expanse did I have very high hopes that this amazingly cool looking TV series will send readers by the millions over to read the entire series of these amazing books! Why am I so confident? Harry Seldon told me so. ;)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWU5zB5_SZw

Last edited:
One obvious lore point, I think, is that if the Thargoids were in the Coalsack as early as 3111 - and have returned there now - the whole "hide behind the bubble" theory is looking even more shaky. It never made a lot of sense, but if the Thargoids have always been on both sides of the bubble, there's no practical way they could "hide behind it" even assuming that their hyperspace travel speed is glacially slow.

It also wouldn't surprise me if other nearby nebulae also have barnacles seeded, even if they're not "ripe" yet.

Top Bottom