The issues tracker IS the Issue!

So, I've gone to the issues tracker and started a new issue, 'Issues tracker doesn't allow categorisation by platform', and I quote:

"The issues tracker should allow for the ordering and voting of issues by platform. Not all issues are the same across all platforms and not all player groups are presented equally in numbers. While an issue may be top of the list for XBOX or PS4 players it runs the risk of being swamped out of the voting by the PC group who simply have a larger voting player base. Consequently, console related only issues run the risk being ignored."

If you support this problem, please go to the issues tracker search for 'issues tracker' and it will appear. You can't vote for it to be fixed until it is confirmed by Fdev but you can add a contribution supporting the problem - please do so.

Just to demonstrate how bad it is. I just glanced through the update history of several games. All of them dedicate time to fixing bugs. "Version x; Various bug fixes" That's what I see. Frontier just puts their middle finger up your face. Refuses to dedicate time on fixing bugs in between content updates and basically waits until new content is released. Then they try to show off how well they're doing by doing something like this in their release notes... "FIXED over 2000 bugs!" Then it's crossing your fingers if a certain bug is actually fixed.

For example... Core mining fragments causing shield/hull damage when returned by limpets. This was known during their beta. Still unfixed. Found that out when doing some core mining earlier this week. Frontier laughs at you and simply doesn't care. As long as money keeps pouring in through their micro transactions store and people keep playing.

Just to demonstrate how bad it is. I just glanced through the update history of several games. All of them dedicate time to fixing bugs. "Version x; Various bug fixes" That's what I see. Frontier ... try to show off how well they're doing by doing something like this in their release notes... "FIXED over 2000 bugs!"

Wat? So you say 'others claim various bugs fixed' and fdev claim 'various bugs fixed', but you find that unacceptable from fdev? Bizarre.

Look at it this way, they now claim to have fixed 5 bugs reported on the issue tracker. At that pace won't have to report anymore, they will have enough to keep busy till the big "bug pack" expected in 2020

Is it possible to open a bug of the bug tracker?
Because an Issue seems to be assigned to one platform, which is a bad idea. An issue can be on PC, PS4 and Xbox.

Is it possible to open a bug of the bug tracker?
Because an Issue seems to be assigned to one platform, which is a bad idea. An issue can be on PC, PS4 and Xbox.

Well sort of...I tried - read my opening post...but it hasn't been 'confirmed' as a 'bug' yet to my knowledge which is the same as being ignored.

with issues like this getting posted, i mean - oh yeah :giggle:

helm: "are you shooting the police?"
multicrew: "no, it's not me, the ship it's shooting by itself"
yea, right

that was not the only one complaining about multicrew "doin stuff" and i checked only a few.

Oh, there is also the one complaining about not getting full payout for missions.
although he admits that his slf crew might get a cut, but if they do - why is not evident? :)

What i mean is there is a ton of junk in there and they should do something about it - having someone closing them down instead of letting them pile up

Another thing is those 2000 include the fixed, irrelevant and working as intended bugs. Also there are a ton of duplicates. There is still a lot, but not as many as 2k.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I tried using the tracker a while back and found it not very good at all, I couldn't even find a way to see PS4 issues and thought this was very odd. So totally support you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom