Ships The Keelback Club

After reaching Jacques station, I got a bit distracted and ended up at Beagle point!
Via this quite amazing looking nebula
5IR2J0A.png

Fyyliav.png

bGhNWUj.png

Last edited:
First-time Keelback owner here. She's a wonderfull space-vacuum for when I really need all types of manufactured mats. Collector Limpet controler, a bit of cargo space for limpets, size 5 fighterbay for when in HazRes's so I can plink on enemies while in wings so I can make extra cash while cleaning up yalls messes. Overall, the Keelback is an amazing scavenger and salvager ship for what it's worth.

Greetings all, Loving my Keelback, she is a dream to fly ! currently i have her set as a combat passenger ship .. with added fighter protection, .. just waiting now for a ship kit and some funky paint jobs !

Bought a third Keelie for thargoid scout missions and the combination of an AX Taipan and two AX turreted MC's make short work of the scouts, also having the fighter cover allows you to scoop up the thargoid mats with minimal risk, great little ship :)

Bought a third Keelie for thargoid scout missions and the combination of an AX Taipan and two AX turreted MC's make short work of the scouts, also having the fighter cover allows you to scoop up the thargoid mats with minimal risk, great little ship :)

Wait, there are thargoid scout missions? Where?

How about some good news for my KEELBACK brothers and sisters ...

This week, FRONTIER granted the humble request of ORIGAMI AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES (home to KEEL TEAM SIX) and ADDED our minor player faction group to the game.

This action by Frontier ... graciously honoring our love for the game, and our desire to be part of the Elite Dangerous "tapestry" ... further shows why Frontier is by far the "best player and customer service oriented" gaming and entertainment company I have ever had the pleasure to interact with.

You can find our player faction home for ORIGAMI AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES in the KAMUY system.

If you choose to stop by and say hello ... please be careful and throttle down while dropping into the system or the "shadow" dwarf star may suck you in if your speed is a little aggressive.

Should any of our "Keelie" brothers and sisters choose to help us in gaining control of the system ... any missions or passenger runs picked up to help out ORIGAMI AEROSPACE INDUSTRIES would be greatly appreciated.

Be safe out there commanders!

I just bought one of these cool little ships, with the idea of using it as my planetary landing ship. I put a SRV and a SLF in it, and use it for raw materials gathering and canyon joy rides in the fighter. It's the Econocarrier.

Total cost was less than 13m and with engineered FSD gets over 30 jump range which is plenty for the role I am using it for.

I wish it had one more small optional slot, as I cannot fit all of

SRV
SLF
Shields
ADS
DSS
Cargo
Scoop

I would like to mount all of those, but for now the DSS was sacrificed since I need some cargo capacity to rescue wayward souls in their escape pods. Leave no man behind :)

Last edited:
I came *this* close to buying a kit, but there were only a couple of bits I liked and didn't clip awkwardly. A ship like this needs more pylons and bulges, less wings. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm still not sure!) I was able to convince myself it wasn't worth spending $10 on.

Last edited:
I came *this* close to buying a kit, but there were only a couple of bits I liked and didn't clip awkwardly. A ship like this needs more pylons and bulges, less wings. Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm still not sure!) I was able to convince myself it wasn't worth spending $10 on.

Perhaps rather than having 10 - 15 pieces per ship kit it'd be better if we could buy individual components say at £0.50 each, as I'd use only two or three out of each one the rest would be sitting there gathering (pixel) dust ;)

So I bit the bullet and bought the ship kit. Here are some very quick pictures I took. I'll make a better album flying around here at some point.

DHjekEH.jpg

This ship kit adds a level of menace to the Keelback I hadn't previously thought possible.

pcTnlPc.jpg

I love how the Asp-esque tailplanes match the rising line of the ship's lower aft from the side. It continues that line upwards and adds a strong visual presence to the back to compliment the bridge, adding balance.

rwLnP8x.jpg

I'm not always a fan of ship kits, but this particular combination of pieces, with this particular color scheme, look great. There's no ugly clipping or anything of the sort going on. It all flows logically.

In other news, I've used the new Engineers to considerably alter my ship's build. Here's what I've got going on:

http://www.edshipyard.com/new/#/L=C...5ScG3G22_pD6y004xo11IM1,CLARION_0CALL,E293_D8

400 m/s speed, A 30 lightyear jump range, remarkably strong shields (500 raw strength, but 1200 Thermal strength at 2 pips, moving up to a total of 2k effective hitpoints at 4 pips for Thermal with the other two damage types being considerably stronger, and a 4 minute empty-to-full charge time), 2 long distance, plasma slug railguns, a pair of penetrating missile launchers, and a build equipped to literally use them at 5.5-6k out at a rapid fire rate. As I said earlier in this thread, the Keelback is an ideal sniping boat, with a high heat capacity, a fighter to distract at close range, and relatively stable, sluggish handling that makes for a good, not-twitchy sniping platform, that really opens up once you put pips and boost in when you need it.

And to boot, it carries a fighter, an SRV, collector limpets, and 32 tons of cargo, and has a fuel scoop, making it ideal for travelling around the bubble and out to the Pleiades to deal with engineers and gather the materials and commodities they require. Or for any task, really. It's my ideal multitasker, and no other ship in the game short of an Anaconda can do all of these various things quite so competently in one package.

I love this thing more than my decked out Python. It can go anywhere and do anything.

Last edited:
A few more images with the new ship kit:

yWmwZ6Q.jpg

Cruising over Azeban in the Eranin system. Daniel Adaris grew up on Azeban, and cut his chops fighting in the Eranin Civil War of 3300 as a member of the Eranin Gold Wing (during the Premium Beta period). After being driven away by the betrayal of a wingmate, he got picked up by the Pilot's Federation while on the run, and has made a new life for himself elsewhere in the galaxy. But he still returns sometimes to reminisce.

nWqMYec.jpg

Looking down at home. That little cluster of lights is Commander Adaris's hometown. He grew up on a farm just outside that coastal city, and enlisted when the Civil War started up as a way to get out.

OkZ7GZ4.jpg

In orbit above Azeban. Clarion Call's designation, E293-8 is a reference to his home planet. Azeban is 293.8 light seconds away from the Eranin star. Coincidentally, "Lakon Echo Two Niner" is a really cool sounding traffic control designation.

bfJx41y.jpg

Things have changed in Eranin. The People's Party is no longer in control and the Terran Colonial Forces, a military junta now holds sway in the system. Even though he's been gone, life keeps chugging on at his home. But with his family believing him a traitor, there is no return; only a new horizon, elsewhere in the void.

You can't go home again.

Last edited:
Adaris ... you might think “You can’t go home again”, but you've always got a “Keelie friendly” home away from home in KAMUY, with Origami Aerospace Industries ... and KEEL TEAM SIX.

o7 to all our proud brothers and sisters of KEELBACK NATION !!!

Keelback is so cute. I’ve made such an effort at finding a place for one in my fleet. So far no go. Anyone make good use of their keely do say.

Top Bottom