Ships The Keelback Club

I really like my Keely no. 2 (stationed in Colonia as Explorer)

566926x1596.jpg

Just made the shakedown cruise to discover some terraformables.

I see where you're coming from. What always made the KB cool was the fact so many people didn't care for it, but we appreciated the niche it fill. One fully engineered it was the perfect mission runner for PVE play and could surprise you in PVP in the right hands and loadout.

The downside of the Krait is that it so good that everyone will want it. There's nothing to appreciate that others can't also see. No sense of "she might not look like much but she's got it where it counts" because everyone can see she's got it where it counts.

If we get space legs, I just hope the KBs interior is full of character. I have to admit, right now the Krait even has the edge there. I mean... it has a goddamn TEA maker in the back (anyone familiar with my stories knows how important that is ;) )

I still got my KB Commerce Raider,
always loved the built-in camo.

My appologies to the commander in the cutter. This was a case of mistaken identity. I was after a pair of killthieves and you were targeted in my quest to quench my thirst for vengeance. [video=youtube_share;EhBNo2vmbCs]https://youtu.be/EhBNo2vmbCs[/video]
This is my Keelback. It’s a black ops ship and it’s good at what it does. I can leave it sitting near a rock and it will stay there, at 17% resting temp, pretending to be an npc at a Haz Res. Then I go hunting in my SLF to kill the time and hone a few skills until the mark appears. It’s yet to be caught out once it’s in hiding. My Keelback isn’t going anywhere. No other ship is replacing it anytime soon.

So, should have recorded. Stealth game on my KB is fantastic. Managed to move around a seasoned pvp wing and got as close as 2K from them without having ever been spotted, and this after my SLF had been rail snipped by deZpe, so they knew I was (or had been) around.
Scouting.jpg

Unfortunately the target I was looking for had left the scene and what was left were these deadly med and small fighters. My torp boat can’t do much with that aside from a little SLF fire support and that got sniped.
Edit: [video=youtube_share;zP4UEwI-lxY]https://youtu.be/zP4UEwI-lxY[/video]

Last edited:
I Just wanted to let you guys and gals know that I'm in the club.

My Keely "Breezy Block" is helping me through getting the unique mods from the PP people and making me a nice wedge into the bargain.

Lost it once to a FDL but then tweaked the engines a bit and now I'm good.

Met a divorced pilot called "Warren Chambers" in the pilots lounge and decided to hire the harmless guy. He's now a rich Expert and we will be soon hunting down his Ex-wife for the hell of it (Next time I'm drunk).

I love my armored rectangle a lot.

I've come back to the game after a long break (not the first, won't be the last!) and while I'm trying out the Krait Mk 2, I'm keeping my Keelback and never going to let it go. The Krait looks like it might fit in as the Keelback's bigger cousin; able to do all the same stuff with the same clunky grace. I know eventually I'll return home to my baby, though! :D

I've come back to the game after a long break (not the first, won't be the last!) and while I'm trying out the Krait Mk 2, I'm keeping my Keelback and never going to let it go. The Krait looks like it might fit in as the Keelback's bigger cousin; able to do all the same stuff with the same clunky grace. I know eventually I'll return home to my baby, though! :D

Well, there's basically nothing clunky about the Krait at all. It's a really nice ship, but after spending two years in a Keelback it sort of feels like cheating. :) Faster, tougher, more internals, more weapons, can perma-boost with just 2 pips in ENG...

I suppose I meant clunky in reference to the aesthetics. I like the beat-up Millennium Falcon vibes over the smooth iPhone ships, for example.

Yes the Krait is really fun so far.

OH NOES!! Keelback is being seduced by the Keelback's more voluptuous, sexy sister! Resist the temptation!! :D

OH NOES!! Keelback is being seduced by the Keelback's more voluptuous, sexy sister! Resist the temptation!! :D

Man, there’s nothing will replace my black ops Keelback. I managed to hide in a Haz Res within 2 km of a full wing of hostile players looking for easy kills. It can hide in plain sight. No way would i have pulled that off in a Krait.

I took a leaf out of ozram's book and took a cold running keelie to the last CG. Great fun, leaving the stone cold KB about 15 km away and romping around in the SLF.

db788629-8fcc-4996-b26c-06900485d2b7.PNG

I took a leaf out of ozram's book and took a cold running keelie to the last CG. Great fun, leaving the stone cold KB about 15 km away and romping around in the SLF.

Nice! Also that profile looks kickin! Funny thing is it’s surprisingly safe once parked up somewhere in the Haz.

Nice! Also that profile looks kickin! Funny thing is it’s surprisingly safe once parked up somewhere in the Haz.

I know what you mean, once I got the SLF shot down in a Haz Res quite near to my Keely, the opponent came up quite close but just hung there not shooting or anything. Ok I had shut off everything but the life support and the temperature was about 8deg with frost on the windows.
Safe as houses pve-wise.

I know what you mean, once I got the SLF shot down in a Haz Res quite near to my Keely, the opponent came up quite close but just hung there not shooting or anything. Ok I had shut off everything but the life support and the temperature was about 8deg with frost on the windows.
Safe as houses pve-wise.

Pretty safe in pvp as well. Mine has yet to be caught out once at a Haz. In supercruise that’s another matter, but hey.

Pretty safe in pvp as well. Mine has yet to be caught out once at a Haz. In supercruise that’s another matter, but hey.

Well I never, I've got another facet of the game to explore; current CG and I thought I'd try the cold keelie against some cmdrs (wanted ones of course) and bloody hell it's good. It's nerve racking as hell but not once did they notice me. This was after they'd already toasted my taipan and they were still red targets on the scope. I really need to learn how to use reverb torps, but hey ho it's another part of the game to investigate.
As to getting to the Res site I cheated and flew there in solo and logged back in open. Purely for research purposes so I could experiment with the cold KB.

Well I never, I've got another facet of the game to explore; current CG and I thought I'd try the cold keelie against some cmdrs (wanted ones of course) and bloody hell it's good. It's nerve racking as hell but not once did they notice me. This was after they'd already toasted my taipan and they were still red targets on the scope. I really need to learn how to use reverb torps, but hey ho it's another part of the game to investigate.
As to getting to the Res site I cheated and flew there in solo and logged back in open. Purely for research purposes so I could experiment with the cold KB.

Totally fair move. I may be a purist in Open but the fact is most of the player killers have no qualms about any mechanics or exploits that suit them. Mode flipping, mat gathering in solo etc. doing it yourself is just plain smart. My thing is roleplay though and so there’s only one mode I play in. Only times that hasn’t been true were for events, like racing etc which were done in group and once, a long time ago when I wanted to take a high res screenshot.

At some point I'll need to shed the "golden handcuffs" of the Krait and go back to the Keelback. Still my favorite ship in the game.

Top Bottom