Ships The Keelback Club

Keelback is a very very underestimated ship, I kinda like it that way :)

Good work evading all those kill attempts mate! A lot of people would have just taken the easy route and went PG or solo so extra kudos for keeping at it!

I've said it before, but if if it had another slot (small, like Class 1) I'd be tempted to go back to it. I love the style, the small landing profile (good for planetary landing) and even the cramped cockpit (with a great view). I fly a Krait now, but the Keelback is more Millenium Falcon-like for me... Krait is more of a mini-Enterprise ;)

I've said it before, but if if it had another slot (small, like Class 1) I'd be tempted to go back to it. I love the style, the small landing profile (good for planetary landing) and even the cramped cockpit (with a great view). I fly a Krait now, but the Keelback is more Millenium Falcon-like for me... Krait is more of a mini-Enterprise ;)

Part of me agrees with giving it a buff of some kind but I kinda like the rep it has right now. Makes it all the more fun when you do stuff that is generally thought can't be done. :)

I knew that when the Krait came out the KB would get even less lovin' though.

What's going to be really hard to give up about the Krait is losing the 2-pip permaboost. Keelie can't permaboost even with 4 pips.

Sometimes I wish I didn't love this flawed beauty of a beastly ship....

But I do. It's about time I unlocked all the things for it...

bQADJXm
bQADJXm
Why is it when I fly my python which has stronger shields, lots more firepower and is faster I cop a rebuy from the elite 'condas sent after me on missions, but I do the same missions in the keelie I end up only with cat scratches on the hull? Oh, and a dead 'conda.

dNXV9Ll.png

Last edited:
Why is it when I fly my python which has stronger shields, lots more firepower and is faster I cop a rebuy from the elite 'condas sent after me on missions, but I do the same missions in the keelie I end up only with cat scratches on the hull? Oh, and a dead 'conda.

Cos the KB is probably the most underrated and misunderstood beast in the game!

It's the same reason why I'm usually not afraid to take on an NPC in a Python when flying my Viper for fun, but I always think twice before engaging a Keely, especially if it's equipped with a fighter bay.

Took my Keelback out for some CZ fun last night. All laser fully engineered build with Class 5 BW + gr3 thermal mod.... didn't lose shields once! Why did I bother with all that armour!! Might have to think of a build using a couple of Guardian shield reinforcers!!!

Took my Keelback out for some CZ fun last night. All laser fully engineered build with Class 5 BW + gr3 thermal mod.... didn't lose shields once! Why did I bother with all that armour!! Might have to think of a build using a couple of Guardian shield reinforcers!!!

Mind sharing your build?

Well I've been playing with the Krait for quite some time now, but the news about the ADS becoming standard equipment means an extra slot freed on my KB, which makes it a viable explorer again!

Well I've been playing with the Krait for quite some time now, but the news about the ADS becoming standard equipment means an extra slot freed on my KB, which makes it a viable explorer again!

Hmm, indeed. Could add a FSD booster or something. Decisions decisions.... sometimes too much choice is bad.

Heh, way ahead of you on that. With an FSD Booster and no cargo, I got a good exploration ship with as 45LY range (including SLF and SRV).

If you don't mind a 35LY range, you can have a 16 ton corrosive resistant cargo rack (in case you think you'll find something worth bringing back) ;)

This is my "small game hunter". Turreted bursts (Long range with scramble) and hi-cap rails, 500mj shields and ~2000 pts of integrity. In early days of my space career KB used to be my fave ship until I bought an FDS and Krait later on. Since two months this ship is sitting in California Nebula and whenever I'm in the area the KB serves me as a bounty hunting vessel.

JMJCViZ.jpg

Top Bottom