Ships The Keelback Club

Schwann port - will post on here and on Twitter on Monday with more details

o7

Logical decision, that spaceport is about tourism. Also "although most visitors come to the system to visit the outdoor and water world, a few come in search of the mystery of the 'Rose Truffle'. The ship disappeared without trace during a honeymoon cruise over twenty years ago."

I hope we will find the Rose Truffle :)

Keelback! I did not fly all of the ships in Elite, but this ship has so much soul, it's hard to believe. I truely love this ship! (Link goes to the outfit for missions within reachable systems).
71135x1555.jpg

Pure keelie combat joy is running them in a wing of 4, with everyone running small regen beams and packhounds in the medium hardpoints. And with SLFs on all ships, you basically become a wing of 8.

You can keep each others shields up with the beams ... and the joy of packhound launches as a wing “en masse” ... well ... you have to experience it yourself! (Try not to giggle like school children.)

Visit “keelie friendly” Origami Aerospace Industries in KAMUY at any time, home to our elite keelback wing ... KEEL TEAM SIX.

Pure keelie combat joy is running them in a wing of 4, with everyone running small regen beams and packhounds in the medium hardpoints. And with SLFs on all ships, you basically become a wing of 8.

You can keep each others shields up with the beams ... and the joy of packhound launches as a wing “en masse” ... well ... you have to experience it yourself! (Try not to giggle like school children.)

Visit “keelie friendly” Origami Aerospace Industries in KAMUY at any time, home to our elite keelback wing ... KEEL TEAM SIX.
I'd love to see footage of that fps killing salvo!
I like the idea of pack keelbacks hunting together.

OK ... I gotta admit, I think i got a little emotional and fought back a tear or two when that black Keelie did the spinny engine roll at about the 1:15 mark.

I kinda got that "i wanna play too" feeling ... its the spinny engines ... my weakness. LOL

Keelbacks are so much fun in a wing, especially when you send a SWARM of ship launched fighters at a target ... and go get the popcorn and drink to enjoy the show.

sorry fellow Keelbackers,

I was a bit pre-occupied during the Keelback appreciation week.. :(

How did it all go? What was the speedbowl record for the Keelback posted?

Just in case you guys didn't see it in the general discussions sub forum.

Who says the Keelback can't go fast!

Got mine up to 12,135m/s at below 1km altitude... It was fun!

Than I crashed at 11km/s and survived! Not only fast but tough as well. LOVE THE KEELBACK!!!

Enjoy
Source: https://youtu.be/7B81lWVFoG

New to the game here...love it so far. I sat in my sidewinder for a couple weeks doing missions, learning and enjoying the game in general. I A-modded my sidewinder and finally decided it was time to move up after being practically one-shot by some large ship on a mission. I wasn't interested in the "rags to riches" or get quick rich roads. I wanted an experience...and versatility. I hemmed and hawed, reading up on the various ships within my reach and beyond. I kept coming back to the Keelback, despite the vast majority of folks advising that it wasn't worth the time. I just found this thread yesterday and loved reading about how you folks love it too. Great videos linked - I haven't mined yet but 30 million in a hour sounds great...more credits to spend on my Keelback the "Wayfaring Stranger"!

CMDR Malityr

New to the game here...love it so far. I sat in my sidewinder for a couple weeks doing missions, learning and enjoying the game in general. I A-modded my sidewinder and finally decided it was time to move up after being practically one-shot by some large ship on a mission. I wasn't interested in the "rags to riches" or get quick rich roads. I wanted an experience...and versatility. I hemmed and hawed, reading up on the various ships within my reach and beyond. I kept coming back to the Keelback, despite the vast majority of folks advising that it wasn't worth the time. I just found this thread yesterday and loved reading about how you folks love it too. Great videos linked - I haven't mined yet but 30 million in a hour sounds great...more credits to spend on my Keelback the "Wayfaring Stranger"!

CMDR Malityr
That sir, is a great way to enjoy ED! I too am not bothered in get rich quick shenanigans but love to play the game at my own pace.
You will learn a lot of the game using the keelback, it's not good at anything but can do everything! It makes you think on how to do things before you get overwhelmed by steaming right in.
O7 Cmdr

Top Bottom