General / Off-Topic The Mandalorian TV series

Yep you were right about Yoda it is not him but according to the Star Wars timeline The Mandalorian is set after Return of the Jedi so Yoda is already dead but perhaps reborn or cloned in The Mandalorian serie :D

As I said, the third film. Episode 6: Return of the Jedi.

Shame they never made Episodes 1-3.

Seen the first episode (although im not subbing to DIsney+)

Wasnt Streaming TV an attempt to stop Piracy?... now imagine a world with hundreds of streaming services (eventually) all with a handfull of worthwhile Shows each locked behind a paywall and people paying hundreds of dollars to subscribe to multiple services. Content changing hands (Examples already exist with shows moving between Amazon and Netflix, Movies split between them both) doesnt this once again encourage piracy?

Anyways...

I thought the first episode was ok. I liked the presentation, that effervescent Starwars feel was almost there. But i found it a bit childish... it felt tame like a kids TV show in that the story telling was very flat and easy to follow which i suppose is to be expected. If it was Game of Thrones complex with its narrative i think it could be a massive winner. But i dont think it will be. Its Starwars Rebels level of story telling which i do not think will hold my interest for long.

Yoda Baby ? <----- just a nickname so far

BBY stands for Before the Battle of Yavin

ABY stands for After the Battle of Yavin

The Star Wars timeline

The Mandalorian take place from 10 ABY and yoda baby is 50 years which means that yoda baby was born 40 BBY and this is before star wars trilogy start so the technically thing is yoda baby can be Yoda's son if he not get cloned then :)

Last edited:
Yeah, its a good ride. Loved the ending of the last episode.

On Mondays i'm binging on Mandalorian, His Dark Materials, and Watchmen.
I started on Dark Materials and Watchmen, but haven't had enough time to continue. They seem to be really good too.

Btw, I have a couple of nicknames for the Mandalorian. I call it the Macadamian or Mandarinian at home. :D

I'm worried that as the plot for Mandalorian develops, I'm just going to see a pile of holes.

So far it's an ok western with a Star Wars skin, but there are already some incongruities that bother me:
  • The same employer contracting out different, incompatible tasks (kill vs. capture), involving the same target.
  • The idea that a trickle of independent bounty hunters would be better than one assault by a mercenary team, especially after the element of surprise had clearly been lost and it had become apparent that the job was too big for an individual. It's not like funding was absent.
  • No one suspecting that their might be multiple parties after the target...which would be my first thought if another hunter showed up with orders to terminate when I was told capture was preferable.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned bounty hunter, yet also being repeatedly surprised by the actions and motives of his peers.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned and reliable bounty hunter, yet falling for his quarry because it's a cute Yoda sock puppet.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned reliable, and competent bounty hunter, breaking contract, ruining his reputation, then impulsively staging a rescue mission against a fortified position, miraculously succeeding with the help of some Madalorian plot armor, and failing to immediately disable the tracking device he himself used to find and capture the target, when he now knows that half the town has tracking fobs.
  • Not making killing the hell out of his former employer priority number one after deciding to double cross him...yeah, no way that's not gonna come back to bite him in the ass in a few episodes.
  • The main character repeatedly leaving his ship undefended and only the jawas taking decent advantage of this.
  • How do I know Pedro Pascal is really even in there?

On the other hand, I really like the ending theme, and with 30 minute episodes I get to hear a lot of it.

I'm worried that as the plot for Mandalorian develops, I'm just going to see a pile of holes.

So far it's an ok western with a Star Wars skin, but there are already some incongruities that bother me:
  • The same employer contracting out different, incompatible tasks (kill vs. capture), involving the same target.
  • The idea that a trickle of independent bounty hunters would be better than one assault by a mercenary team, especially after the element of surprise had clearly been lost and it had become apparent that the job was too big for an individual. It's not like funding was absent.
  • No one suspecting that their might be multiple parties after the target...which would be my first thought if another hunter showed up with orders to terminate when I was told capture was preferable.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned bounty hunter, yet also being repeatedly surprised by the actions and motives of his peers.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned and reliable bounty hunter, yet falling for his quarry because it's a cute Yoda sock puppet.
  • The main character supposedly being a seasoned reliable, and competent bounty hunter, breaking contract, ruining his reputation, then impulsively staging a rescue mission against a fortified position, miraculously succeeding with the help of some Madalorian plot armor, and failing to immediately disable the tracking device he himself used to find and capture the target, when he now knows that half the town has tracking fobs.
  • Not making killing the hell out of his former employer priority number one after deciding to double cross him...yeah, no way that's not gonna come back to bite him in the in a few episodes.
  • The main character repeatedly leaving his ship undefended and only the jawas taking decent advantage of this.
  • How do I know Pedro Pascal is really even in there?

On the other hand, I really like the ending theme, and with 30 minute episodes I get to hear a lot of it.

I think the one about the tracking fob is that it wasn't set to track Yoda but the Mandalorian.

Also, i had to smile at the end where he said "I've got to get me one of those" in relation to the rocket pack.

I think the one about the tracking fob is that it wasn't set to track Yoda but the Mandalorian.

That would be even worse, as it would make quite a bit of lead up nothing more than a cheesy red herring and be at least as grievous an oversight on the Mandalorian's part.

I would like to agree with highlander 2 but george lucas himself made the prequel trilogy. You have to kinda get over it. Its canon

Star Wars was good despite George Lucas not because of him, the prequels are exactly what the original Trilogy would have been like if he'd had more money and control.

Top Bottom