General / Off-Topic The Mandalorian TV series

Chapter 5
THE GUNSLINGER​
"Who wouldn't want to be a legend"​
I wish ED had similar missions in the future :p

Has a Samurai Jack vibe to it. Great desolate cinematography too.

If we can keep the Jedi-Sith unending conflict out of it, there is a lot of simple old fashioned Western stories that the under 35 crowd have never seen before. They did Magnificent Seven vs an Imperial Walker, a nice straight retelling that was refreshed. Nothing wrong with Westerns, just a bit uodated.

Has a Samurai Jack vibe to it. Great desolate cinematography too.

If we can keep the Jedi-Sith unending conflict out of it, there is a lot of simple old fashioned Western stories that the under 35 crowd have never seen before. They did Magnificent Seven vs an Imperial Walker, a nice straight retelling that was refreshed. Nothing wrong with Westerns, just a bit uodated.
Id call it a space western

So I finally got time to watch the first two episodes, and I must say it’s very good! The effects, the music, the acting is all top class light years from the mess we saw in the 3 movies from the Mouse. Whoever made this deserves a medal 🏅 I hope they keep it far far away from the people who made 7,8,9.

Ok, here's one, i'll spoiler tag it of course.

The mandalorian goes to a planet to search for a target. He has a tracker. He lands. He's a long way from his target, which for some reason can only be reached by riding certain creatures. Why didn't he just fly to much closer to the target? Ok, doesn't want to be spotted on radar or whatever, but could have got much closer. There was a nod towards some broken terrain, which if we are to believe completely surrounds the target, it still could have been passed by a man on foot jumping over the narrow cracks.

But of course, if he had done this, then he wouldn't have had the whole business with meeting the guy who helps him or having his ship stripped by Jawas.

Oh yeah, jawas, on this planet, which isn't Tatooine, but they are totally there. Fan service i guess. Not saying Jawas haven't spread around the galaxy, but just to happen to be on that planet and just to happen to find the mandalorian's ship. And apparently the mandalorian's ship has no automated defenses to stop it being stripped or any sort of comms to alert him of damage, and apparently there isn't any sort of wikipedia in this universe where you can look up what sort of risks exist on these planets and maybe you know, think, ah, jawas, maybe i should do something to ensure my ship isn't stripped when i return to it, like hiding it somewhere.
It's starwars. It's going to be full of plot holes. I don't think I have seen anything starwars that isn't.

Take it for what it is, some fantasy entertainment not to be thought about too seriously.

Top Bottom