General / Off-Topic The Mandalorian TV series

The thing that bothers me the most about productions these days is presented perfectly in this show.
8 episodes is a season.
52 weeks in a year, growing up, shows would take 8 weeks off for summer.
80's and 90's 00's sees episodes per season frequently reduced, regular tv is now 13-22 episodes.
This one is 8?

The thing that bothers me the most about productions these days is presented perfectly in this show.
8 episodes is a season.
80's and 90's 00's sees episodes per season frequently reduced, regular tv is now 13-22 episodes.
This one is 8?

8 to 10 episodes per season is the norm in shows made by streaming services.

And considering that episodes 3-6 didn't really add all that much more to the overall story, 4 episodes probably would have been enough. ;)

Is this getting bad or is it just me?
Forced acting by that woman in the bar, as she's trying so hard to give "Mos Eisley" vibe. And that rubber frog? omg
Too many forced jokes and lol funny moments, like series is for little kids. Or maybe it is... Clone Wars series was way darker than this.

Last edited:
i thoroughly enjoyed the last episode, this one not so much
felt like a filler episode? nice to see the x-wings but overall it was a bit meh, didn't really add to the overall story

8 episodes is a season.
This one is 8?
The old metric in broadcasting was that 100 episodes were needed from a show to make it worthwhile to run it.

First episode of season 2 was entertaining, if a bit bland. Episode 2 was confused really, it lacked direction- but I think season 2 is more about the overall journey and a more condensed arc than the first seasons more spread out focus.

Is this getting bad or is it just me?
Forced acting by that woman in the bar, as she's trying so hard to give "Mos Eisley" vibe. And that rubber frog? omg
Too many forced jokes and lol funny moments, like series is for little kids. Or maybe it is... Clone Wars series was way darker than this.
Bad acting yes, stupid moppets yes, but overall it's a good show, but maybe it's because we are so staved by the shivers Disney SW footprint.

download (10).jpg

I was watching all the old SW movies in chronological order, you know episode 1,2,3 (the “new” SW not Disney) 4,5,6 the old ones.

So the acting in 1-3 wasn’t good, even with some good actors, however it was ok, much better than Disney’s now when we get to 4-6 the only thing I didn’t like was the stupid teddy bears, everything was much better and also made for a more mature audience, the mandalorian is somewhat between Episode 1 and 6 when it comes to the audience. I mean jar jar should not have been in the movies, he’s just a silly creature and whoever created him should be ashamed.

edit:
So if you watch the whole story in chronological order starting with episode 1 and so on, after you watch episode 3 you should watch Rogue One, I forgot how good this movie actually is, acting is good, tight plot, good story I’m getting more and more fun of this movie, episode 3 is actually not bad, I enjoyed it much more than E1 and E2, you really need to watch the enhanced version of 4,5,6 as the effects are much better and up to date.

now 7,8,9 don’t exist in my world all crap and should be flushed from the canon and there are rumors that’s what maybe will happen, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
All I'm interested in is Cara Dune's workout programme and diet plan.

My push-pull-skip routine doesn't quite work...

Last edited:
02/05
Well, almost every scene can make a decent wallpaper, I'll give 'em a big o7 for that. Light from lazerswords is awesome.
But the story, lines, acting... meh.

Top Bottom