The Mighty Eighth - Microprose

The Mighty Eighth will be a VR-first project (but also playable with no VR enabled) in which you will be able to play with 9 other friends (or AI crew) as you work together to survive the war and accomplish your missions.
Drop those bombs on the right spot, guide your crew through long drawn out day, or the dark, moonless nights, keep your airplane in touch with the rest of the squadron and HQ as you monitor radios and communications. Defend your Flying Fortress by keeping those enemy fighters away from you and your squadron mates. Pilot or co-pilot this beast under a massive amount of stress – and enemy fire, but don’t drop out of formation or you’re a sitting duck.
The new Mighty Eighth is not just a game. It’s an experience from a different time where young men grew faster than they should and saw things no man should see. And YOU will be put right in the middle of the action.

There's some nice looking screenshots of the aircraft there, this could be great, multicrew done right hopefully ;)

Not a VR user and not interested in it in a slightest but its nice to see a VR dedicated game that actually looks nice - the 3d model interior on this site is really beautifully done.

It would make sense to make your virtual experience environment best looking, sadly whenever I hear VR only title its some poorly made Unity asset project.

So, good luck folks at Microprose, show em how its done.

OMFG....I LOVED the B17 microprose game back in the day! I was concerned at first but as VR and mp is optional I'm going to follow this closely, cool that the Liberator is in as well!!

OMG memories!!

You would love IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles. It's one of the top flight sims around, and has loads of WW2 (and WW1 with DLC) era aircraft from both sides of the conflict, including several bombers. It's currently where I'm getting my flying game fix, it's absolutely amazing.

Lancaster, Sunderland or Swordfish and you have a deal.

Night raids would be a whole other ball game of difficulty. Navigation, bomb aiming....how the hell did our lads do that at night?!!! I love the 4 gun rear turrets on a Lancaster!

You would love IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles. It's one of the top flight sims around, and has loads of WW2 (and WW1 with DLC) era aircraft from both sides of the conflict, including several bombers. It's currently where I'm getting my flying game fix, it's absolutely amazing.

I keep on meaning to get back into flight sims in the modern era.....I spent so much of my time either in a Microprose or Janes Sim in the 90's!!! I fear for my ability to eat and sleep if I do!

Top Bottom