The Million Miners March – A DSSA Mission

The Million Miners March – A DSSA Mission

mmmlogo6dssasmall.png

Miners unite!

For decades, the Federation and the Empire have exploited Tritium miners all over the Bubble. They have been building their military and economic powerbase on our backs while throwing us scraps, artificially lowering Tritium prices by forming an illegal buying cartel together.

So let us find a new home far away from their corruption, a home more just, more solidary, a home not of the rich and the poor, but of equals, were we can reap the fruits of our labour together in peace.

To realize this dream of an independent colony, I’ve ordered a Carrier ship, the Spartacus, to create a base of operations at Centaurus Reach, on the easterly side of Hawking‘s Gap, over 24,000 lightyears from Sol...

This mission will be part of the DSSA Initiative and will seek to fulfill three important goals:

1) Deploy DSSA Carrier #24 in the Centaurus Reach Region in Hawking‘s Gap to provide support for deep space travellers and other Carriers.

2) Develop a syndicalist self-sufficient economy based on Tritium mining and trading where profits are shared within the community.

3) Improve the socio-economic circumstances and cultural standing of miners in the Bubble and beyond. Raise attention to our struggle by assembling a million miners!

It is time to give Tritium miners the payment and recognitiion they deserve. Rise up!
Let this journey be a reminder to the superpowers that it is us that power their battleships. We will see if they still deny us our rights if a million miners decide to leave the Bubble for good!

Miners unite! Join the Tritium Miners‘ Cooperative! March for your rights (and have fun doing it)!

Expedition signup form (link)

Expedition roster (link)

TMC Discord invite - main communications channel (link)

Tritium Miners‘ Cooperative application form (link)

THE JOURNEY

route2.png

This expedition is planned to take two months, spanning about 33,000 lys. We will go slowly and catalogue Tritium hotspots on the way to share them with fellow miners and explorers and do some wing mining to frequently refuel the carrier. As this is planned to be a march and not a race, it is strongly advised that participants don‘t simply rush to the destination, but stay within the timeframes below to keep the fleet together and ensure the best possible experience for everyone. Here is the route:

DateSystem nameGMP name
WP 1Sep 19Dahan
WP 2Sep 26NGC 4463 Sector RY-R e4-5Autumn Nebula
WP 3Oct 3Trumpler 16 HG 1462Trumpler 16 Cluster
WP 4Oct 10Thaile HW-V e2-7Three Worlds Nebula
WP 5Oct 17NGC 3199 Sector IM-V c2-5Guardian ruins - NGC 3199 sites
WP 6Oct 24Nyeakue AA-A h31Sheol
WP 7Oct 31Prue Hypa CS-I d10-8The Siren
WP 8Nov 7Pueliae IT-H d10-1Pueliae Nebula
WP 9Nov 14Proo Phio KM-C c1 (provisional destination)
Note that the waypoints mentioned above are preliminary, as we will scout the area around them for suitable meetup locations en route. Weekly community events like canyon racing (bring fighters and SRVs!) and mass jumps with the Carrier will be planned during the trip and infos on those will be found here or in the TMC Discord.

Estimating 71 carrier jumps for the trip, about 11,000 tons of Tritium will be needed to reach our destination. The goal is to gather as much fuel as possible beforehand, while mining along the route will refill the Spartacus‘ tanks.

There will be several meetups before the expedition where we can mine, do shenanigans, and get to know each other! More infos will be posted in this thread and on Discord in due time.

THE CARRIER

spartacuslogo14.png

The Tritium Miners‘ Cooperative Vessel (TMCV) Spartacus will be our base of operations during the expedition and beyond. As part of the DSSA, this Carrier will be one of many stationary outposts all over the galaxy and provide a safe haven for all that seek it. All services will be available, including restocking of fighters, SRVs, limpets and ammo. However, there won‘t be any modules or ships for sale aboard, so you are advised to bring any equipment/ship you might need in advance and store it on the Spartacus before we depart.

The Carrier will be specialized in Tritium mining and will thus be basically a floating Tritium tank, offering 65,000 CR per ton of Tritium while selling at the same price. Any non-Tritium related revenues will be split equally amongst all contributing members of the Tritium Miners‘ Cooperative. You can apply for membership here.

THE COMMUNITY

TMC logo9ablack.png

The Tritium Miners‘ Cooperative is a newly established group that organizes the Million Miners March. It strives to create a just economy based on equal distribution of the goods and finances it generates. All it‘s contributing members are eligible for their share. More on the technicalities around that will be posted here later. (Any thoughts and ideas on how to efficiently share revenues would be greatly appreciated, so do not hesitate to post them here!)

After the Spartacus has been successfully deployed at Centaurus Reach, it is planned that we run it‘s operation long-term, that is, keeping a healthy stockpile of Tritium for refueling passing carriers, exploring the region, mapping new mining locations and possibly doing mini-expeditions to neighbouring DSSA-Carriers to supply them with Tritium or other needed goods. However, the Spartacus will remain stationary and act as our home base.

The Tritium must flow! As a member of the TMC, you can contribute in a lot of ways to keep the operation running and earn your share of profits - multiple roles exist:

Miner
Mine Tritium - ??? - Profit!

Hauler
Haul Tritium or other commodities between Carriers or act as drop tank for the Spartacus during the MMM.

Fighter
Protect Miners and Haulers from potential deep space pirates and other threats.

Scout / Explorer
Find and report new astronomical POIs and ressource hotspots (especially Tritium).

Goat
Don‘t fit any specific role? Be a genius of all trades and do it all!

Everybody is welcome to participate - join the Cooperative today!
#tritiumminersunite

Last edited:
I'm happy to tell you that DSSA Carrier #24, the TMCV Spartacus (XZG-3HZ) has just left the construction dock in Panoi. The last service modules have been installed and the crew is eager for it's grand journey to Centaurus Reach.

Screenshot_1035.jpg

Spartacus crew.jpg

We aren't quite ready yet, however. There is Tritium tanks to fill, ships to outfit and trade goods to store before the Spartacus can start it's voyage into the heart of Hawking's Gap on September 19th. With Tritium being the top priority at the moment, the first mission of the Spartacus will be a one-week mining operation near the IC 4604 nebula before returning to the Bubble to make final preparations for the March.

Everyone is welcome to join us in our effort (We could still use some expedition participants, too, so check out the entry post for further information).
From now until launch, I offer 100,000 CR per ton of Tritium delivered

Below is the timetable for the coming weeks:

DateTimeEvents and Missions
Sep 518:30 UTCChristening ceremony
aka bring your favourite ship, fill it with booze and crash it in the most irresponsible way possible on the carrier's hull for good luck
Sep 519:30 UTCMaiden jump
TO: IC 4604 Sector FG-X b1-3, Body 7 A (Tri2 hotspot)
Sep 5 - Sep 12Mining mission
Sep 1219:30 UTCJump #2
TO: LHS 6309
Sep 12 - Sep 18Acquiring additional Tritium and provisions
Sep 1819:30 UTCJump #3
TO: Dahan
Sep 1920:30 UTCLAUNCH
More infos will follow here shortly before launch.

Last edited:
Hey!
Wish you a pleasant journey :)

You are welcome to spend your WP5 at the DSSA Kraut and of course are also welcome to restock your Tritium supplies with our stock to grant your miners a free weekend :)

Last edited:
I've found some Tritium hotspots outside the bubble.
Edit: the double one is in EIDAIK BV-N C23-1 3 B ring.

Attachments

• Tritium.pdf
    416.2 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Excerpt from the pre-flight checklist of the TMCV Spartacus XZG-3HZ

--------------------------- INITIALIZE -----------------------------
[...]
Fuel storage maxed out: CHECK
Essential ships stored in Shipyard: CHECK
Route plotted: CHECK
Onboard computer systems operational: CHECK
Structural Integrity at 100%: CHECK
Crew sanity nominal: CHECK
Sufficient Beer quantity: CHECK
------------------------ COMPLETED ---------------------------

CARRIER STATUS: ALL SYSTEMS GO

Carrier Manifest.jpg

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #1

During the first week of the Million Miners March, participants have scouted for Tritium between Dahan and the Autumn Nebula, finding an impressive amount of new Tritium hotspots, including 4 overlaps. To give an overview about the results of our work, I present the first weekly report of our survey.

The results are available in this sheet where you can also search for Tritium hotspots using the Tritium Hotspot Finder: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ukaiffmiJQIsZ4k9NpKqrrZpY/edit#gid=1697763637

Huge thanks go out to CMDRs Daftpunkdad and Getedoi for taking part.

map wp1-2.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:45
Rings with hotspots:65
Hotspots in total:113
Overlaps (Tri2):4

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.51
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.44
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.74

Hotspot distribution over star classes
M67.26 %
K23.01 %
T7.96 %
F0.88 %
L0.88 %

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #2

Week 2 of our DSSA Mission was even more successful than the first one. Participants scouted between the Autumn Nebula and the Trumpler 16 Cluster in the Sagittarius Gap finding a large number of new hotspots, inlcuding one Tri2-Overlap. Interestingly, we saw a surprising rise in G-class stars bearing icy rings with Tritium. Thanks again to CMDRs Daftpunkdad and Getedoi for submitting their findings - this week has been a blast!

As always, detailed results of the survey can be found here.

map wp2-3.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:50
Rings with hotspots:83
Hotspots in total:129
Overlaps (Tri2):1

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.58
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.66
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.55

M62.79 %
K27.91 %
G6.98 %
F1.55 %
L0.78 %

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #3

In the third week of our DSSA deployment effort, we scouted the area between the Trumpler 16 Cluster and the Three Worlds Nebula, finding 40 new systems with 103 Tritium hotspots, including one featuring 2 Tri2-Overlaps! We also found vastly more G-star class systems, as well as our first A-star class systems with Tritium on this expedition. Results are here.
Credits go to CMDRs Daftpunkdad and Getedoi for their huge help in doing this. Thank you, guys!

map wp3-4.jpeg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:40
Rings with hotspots:57
Hotspots in total:103
Overlaps (Tri2):2

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.58
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.43
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.81

M44.66 %
K27.18 %
G19.42 %
F3.88 %
A4,85 %

Last edited:
Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #4

Week 4 of our survey was the most successful yet with 51 discovered new systems with Tritium, among them 3 with a Tri2-overlap. This leg of the journey took us into the lower density region called the Orion Spur Shallows, which explains why we didn't find any star systems with a main star heavier than class F containing Tritium, contrary to our findings from last week. Also, we found a rapid decline in the abundance of G-class star systems with Tritium, whereas M-class systems with Tritium were even more frequent than in all previous examinations of this survey. The detailed results with all submissions can be found here.
As always, this report wouldn't be here without the help of my fellow commanders Daftpunkdad and Getedoi, so thanks again for your participation in this project, guys!

map wp4-5.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:51
Rings with hotspots:72
Hotspots in total:132
Overlaps (Tri2):3

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.59
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.41
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.83

M67.42 %
K20.45 %
G9.09 %
F3.03 %

Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #4

Week 4 of our survey was the most successful yet with 51 discovered new systems with Tritium, among them 3 with a Tri2-overlap. This leg of the journey took us into the lower density region called the Orion Spur Shallows, which explains why we didn't find any star systems with a main star heavier than class F containing Tritium, contrary to our findings from last week. Also, we found a rapid decline in the abundance of G-class star systems with Tritium, whereas M-class systems with Tritium were even more frequent than in all previous examinations of this survey. The detailed results with all submissions can be found here.
As always, this report wouldn't be here without the help of my fellow commanders Daftpunkdad and Getedoi, so thanks again for your participation in this project, guys!

View attachment 191738

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:51
Rings with hotspots:72
Hotspots in total:132
Overlaps (Tri2):3
Statistics

Avg. hotspots per system:2.59
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.41
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.83

M67.42 %
K20.45 %
G9.09 %
F3.03 %

If I hadn't said it before, thanks for this guys, this is invaluable:)

I'll be there with the Wandering Star soon(ish), coming down along the Arm from the Abyss. If my math is right I'll be running out of fuel right about the position of the DSSA Kitty Corner, not far from your last survey. Are you planning to scan around there too?

If I hadn't said it before, thanks for this guys, this is invaluable:)

I'll be there with the Wandering Star soon(ish), coming down along the Arm from the Abyss. If my math is right I'll be running out of fuel right about the position of the DSSA Kitty Corner, not far from your last survey. Are you planning to scan around there too?
Thanks :) Unfortunately, the DSSA Kitty Corner is around 7,000 ly from our destination, so we probably won't cover that region for a while... But there is a Tri2-overlap 1,800 ly north of it @ Oob Aoc ZM-S c17-12 (ABC 4 B RING) found by CMDR Chaopussy, the owner of the DSSA Kitty Corner. He/she might also have info about additional local hotspots...

Thanks :) Unfortunately, the DSSA Kitty Corner is around 7,000 ly from our destination, so we probably won't cover that region for a while... But there is a Tri2-overlap 1,800 ly north of it @ Oob Aoc ZM-S c17-12 (ABC 4 B RING) found by CMDR Chaopussy, the owner of the DSSA Kitty Corner. He/she might also have info about additional local hotspots...

Thanks that's good to know! I will indeed get in touch with him before I get there, I'm stopping by all DSSA Carriers anyway:)

Million Miners March Tritium Survey Report #5

Scouting between the DSSA Kraut and Sheol after our rendezvous with the former, we found 37 systems with Tritium hotspots and an astounding number of 6 overlaps, five of which are Tri2 and one is a Tri3! This leg of our journey therefore presents not only the highest total overlap count, but also the highest overlap/system ratio of the entire trip so far. As this leg took us north and back into the Sagittarius-Carina Arm, this unusual high number of overlap findings may be connected to rising matter density. However, stellar class variety dropped considerably, with no G-class systems at all, whereas the share of discovered M-class systems with Tritium saw a new high at 67.9%.
The detailed results are here.
Thanks to CMDRs Daftpunkdad and Getedoi as well as CMDR Angus Fluuferton for their participation.

map wp5-6a.jpg

Discoveries
Systems with hotspots:37
Rings with hotspots:44
Hotspots in total:81
Overlaps (Tri2):5
Overlaps (Tri3):1

Statistics
Avg. hotspots per system:2.19
Avg. rings w. hotspots per system:1.19
Avg. hotspots per ring:1.84