The new Hyperspace looking

Hi everyone !

The first time I looked for Elite dangerous videos, I saw that INSANELY wonderful hyperspace effect that made me loose my jaws and maybe some corporal fluids too.

As an old player of Elite Frontier, I was already thinking about buying the game anyway, but this was something I did not expect :p.

So here it is, now the game has been released, I enjoy every second spent on it. But I find that the new Hyperspace effect is less cool to watch (though it is still pretty cool, no misunderstanding here).

What about the white bang at the end of each travel ? Now the tunnel just disappears and I see the star of the new system soon devouring my ship, but no flash bang anymore :(. (just some white lighting)

For those who are wondering, here is an example (Starting around 0:59) : [video=youtube;FIPVegyKksI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIPVegyKksI[/video]

The second thing that I might find not so beautiful in the actual overall wonderful hyperspace effect, is that strange and tight blue tunnel we can see when the whole thing is engaged.

Lets take a look at it with this example (Around 2:53): [video=youtube;HuDzWswfDnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuDzWswfDnE[/video]

We cannot see it entirely but just some parts of it appear randomly through the travel. And I wonder if it is just me but it seems to lack some texture, as if it was not really integrated with the whole thing. (I also find that it looks like an old 16bit game)

Last but not least, if you compare the two videos, the hyperspace on the second one seems to be less colourful. We can see more "black clouds" during the travel.

So here is my request about hyperspace :

Frontier, which I love since I played Elite during childhood, please give us back :

- The white flash bangs at the end of hyperspace travels
- Another blue tunnel effect :p
- The colours !

I want to play the game so I can lose myself in the space and feel like a lost explorer, i'm sure this would add more immersion when traveling through systems =)

And most importantly : THANK YOU for everything, for your time, for making the game so good, for listening to the community.

See you in Space :D

Top Bottom