The New Intersteller Initiative...

I for one am excited about it, and if they are taking votes, I'd like to go to the Cone Sector that was supposed to happen with the Gnosis.

Probably won't be one of the options but damn it would be cool for Fdev to make good on that.

I for one am excited about it, and if they are taking votes, I'd like to go to the Cone Sector that was supposed to happen with the Gnosis.

Probably won't be one of the options but damn it would be cool for Fdev to make good on that.
And we all know how it turned out the first time ! :p But yes ..... maybe they will make it up to us next time round.

You're just trying to get some drama going, aren't you? ;)

We're looking for Guardian stuff, not Thargoids in the first II.

I'm very interesting to the new interstellar initiative... But guardians... As it is now it's just a repetitive task.. Not a real challenge except the ability to manage boredom

I just seen the Content Reveal video on youtube

slams forehead on the keyboard repeteadly

Will said about this Interstellar Initiative:
... to excavate as many relics and technologies as they can, making easier for you to gather guardian materials now and in the future ...

bang And i just spent bang a week bang grinding and unlocking bang the Guardians stuff. That is all Guardian Modules, all Fighters and all Fixed Weapons.

Who knows? There may be new Guardian content in the patch. Was that a new ruin type in the II video?

(By the way, CG was a superior acronym, change my mind. :p )

Good or bad, I'll be doing the first Interstellar Initiative. If I like it, I'll be doing more in the future. I am not going to prejudge the new event. Looking forward to what the Dev team have cooked up.

Deleted member 38366

D
The way I understood it :

• a CG_type2 is initiated
  • multiple different institutions participate
  • vote by handing in the required items at different institutions
  • each institution offers different global rewards

So in effect Players get to choose if they prefer Credits or i.e. different new toys (new Guardian gadgets in tge 1st upcoming one) by participating and supporting the respective entity.

At least that's how it sounded lile to me.

Will lots of NPCs or devs turn up to disrupt stuff as it goes one. Will hinted on it changing as it goes along

My only concern is that these end up similar to the CG's to unlock AX tech and we remember the CG fatigue that set in.
So my question is:
How will these be substantively different from CG's in practice?
How will we avoid the 'CG fatigue' we got when unlocking AX tech?
If there's a choice to unlock say engineer upgrades for the old AX weapons and new guardian weapons if we pick engineer upgrades do the new Guardian weapons never appear?

My only concern is that these end up similar to the CG's to unlock AX tech and we remember the CG fatigue that set in.
So my question is:
How will these be substantively different from CG's in practice?
How will we avoid the 'CG fatigue' we got when unlocking AX tech?
If there's a choice to unlock say engineer upgrades for the old AX weapons and new guardian weapons if we pick engineer upgrades do the new Guardian weapons never appear?
The CG fatigue was the stupidest thing. Fdev had no real mechanics other than CGs to let people interact with Thargoid content at the time so the community whined until they stopped doing CGs that interacted with the wider story. The problem was Fdevs communication and it being a permanent thing, not CGs in general.

The CG fatigue was the stupidest thing. Fdev had no real mechanics other than CGs to let people interact with Thargoid content at the time so the community whined until they stopped doing CGs that interacted with the wider story. The problem was Fdevs communication and it being a permanent thing, not CGs in general.
It was the endless repetition that killed them for me. I think the complaints against the endless stream of copy and paste CG's was warranted. I just wonder how these are going to be any different.

My guess is we'll end up with a Guardian tech broker at the end of this who'll have exactly the same day light robbery exchange rates as the regular material traders.

It was the endless repetition that killed them for me. I think the complaints against the endless stream of copy and paste CG's was warranted. I just wonder how these are going to be any different.

My guess is we'll end up with a Guardian tech broker at the end of this who'll have exactly the same day light robbery exchange rates as the regular material traders.
Theres only so much they could do with the CG system but it was still better than the alternative of utterly meaningless copypaste CGs we ended up with after people complained.

"You think that's bad? We'll show you what's bad!!"

I don't think the community was to blame for CG fatigue at all.

"You think that's bad? We'll show you what's bad!!"

I don't think the community was to blame for CG fatigue at all.
The lack of tools for the devs to engage with the community are to blame. Now they're getting tools. Which will hopefully be agile enough to allow for dynamic story telling based on community actions.

Top Bottom