The Next DLC Idea (Owen Grady's Dino Environment)

I have an idea for the Next DLC for Jurassic World Evolution.

Synopsis: Claire has asked Owen Grady to visit
Sanctuary Island to review and help prepair a better
enclosure for the Sauropods. Owen has to work with
Cabot to create the best comfortable environment for
them whilst Cabot always in the best interest of the
investors wants to find a way to make extra money on
it.
Aim: To Utilise Texture, Decoration & Cosmetics as a base to perfect an enviroment for particular Dinosaurs
Mission #1: Sauropod Enclosure
Discover & Research a Macronaria
Build Enclosure with the Visitor Feeding Platform
Create a Macronaria & Keep The Macronaria
Enclosed for 5 minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - Macronaria
# Decoration - Tall Redwood Trees
# Decoration - Fallen Redwood Tree
# Texture - Dark Brown Mud
# Visitor Feeding Platform
Mission #2: Fishing With Dinosaurs
Discover & Research a Coelophysis
Build Enclosure with Fish Feeders & the Cretaous
Cruise Tour
Create a Coelophysis, succomimus & Spinosaur &
Keep The Coelophysis Enclosed For 5 Minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - Coelophysis
# Attraction - DinoCinema
# Attraction - Juice Bar
# Enclosure - Cretaous Cruise Tour
Mission #3: In The Desert
Discover & Research The Utah Raptor
Build Enclosure suitable for the Desert Dino
including Texture and Decorations.
Create A Utah Raptor and Keep The Utah Raptor
Enclosed For 5 Minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - UtahRaptor
# Decoration - Large Cactus
# Decoration - Small Cactus
# Texture - Desert Orange Cracked Earth
Mission #4: Let It Snow
Build a Cretaous Cruise with Three Paddocks
featuring the following Environments
* Woodlands
* Desert
* Snowy Mountain
Create Dinosaurs using the Cosmetic Pallet to
feature in those Paddocks (Woodlands, Arid & Tundra)
Make Sure Dino's Are Comfortable & Build up
profit to £xxx amount
(Unlocks)
# Operations: Welcome Centre
# Decoration: Dead Tree
# Texture: Snowy Mountain Rocky
Completion
# Unlock Sandbox - Sanctuary Island
# Texture: Sand
Overview
New Dino:
Macronaria (Sauropod)
Coelophysis (Theropod)
Utahraptor (Theropod)
New Enclosure Builds
Visitor Feeding Platform
Cretaous Cruise Tour
New Attractions
DinoCinema
Juice Bar
New Decorations
Tall Redwood Trees
Fallen Redwood Trees
Cactus Large
Cactus Small
Dead Tree
New Textures
Dark Brown Mud
Desert Orange Cracked Earth
Snowy Mountain Rocky
Sand
New Sandbox Island
Sanctuary (Larger Than Isla Nublar)
SIDE NOTES:
The DinoCinema Shows Sale Items
Dr.Hammonds - Intro (From Jurassic Park)
Chaos Theory
Talking With Dinosaurs in 3D
The DinoJuice Bar Sale Items
DinoOrange Juice
Banana MegaShake
Pineapple & Mango Smoothie
So what do you think?

I like your idea, but I would prefer a small sauropod or plateosaur capable of feeding both from ground and tall feeders, rather than another big sauropod :)

A couple of points.
  • Macronaria isn't a specific dinosaur. It's a whole clade of sauropods that includes Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Titanosaurs and the like.
  • It doesn't make sense to include Owen Grady in a DLC focused on visals. That character was mainly doing stuff with dinosaur behaviour, not park beautification.

A couple of points.
  • Macronaria isn't a specific dinosaur. It's a whole clade of sauropods that includes Brachiosaurus, Camarasaurus, Titanosaurs and the like.
  • It doesn't make sense to include Owen Grady in a DLC focused on visals. That character was mainly doing stuff with dinosaur behaviour, not park beautification.
Hi, I agree with you on the Smaller Sauropods. Apologise on Macronaria - as I was Google let me down on this.

The idea is to add a new dynamic of which gives more of a function for the decorative, textiles and cosmetics. as they serve very little purpose other than to add visual looks.
My Idea is that we use the Cosmetic skin colours for dinosaurs alter the environment that makes them comfortable.
For example - If you use the Jungle cosmetic then dinosaurs are more happier in higher treet paddocks than lesser tree paddocks.
The decorative items and textures add towards this goal.
anyway leading onto Owen Grady - i disagree with you on this point. Although i am not a huge fan of the character. He does indeed make the most logical sense considering he helped raise and command Raptors suggests he knows the best environment for them. You only have to look at everything he did in Jurassic World movie where he was helping the hunt for the Indominus Rex... he knew the environment better than the rest of the characters.
So essentially he is perfect for the role. An given the fact that he is effectively Claire's go to person. It would make sense for Claire who is still working with Ingen to create the Jurassic World Park.
If you can think of a better character to lead this expansion i would be happy to hear your suggestions.
Personally i would love to see returns of several surviving characters from previous JP and JW movies... Like Billy, Roland...etc although Roland would be difficult because of the actors death. so they would have to use a voice impersonator to play him.

I have an idea for the Next DLC for Jurassic World Evolution.

Synopsis: Claire has asked Owen Grady to visit
Sanctuary Island to review and help prepair a better
enclosure for the Sauropods. Owen has to work with
Cabot to create the best comfortable environment for
them whilst Cabot always in the best interest of the
investors wants to find a way to make extra money on
it.
Aim: To Utilise Texture, Decoration & Cosmetics as a base to perfect an enviroment for particular Dinosaurs
Mission #1: Sauropod Enclosure

Enclosed for 5 minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - Macronaria
# Decoration - Tall Redwood Trees
# Decoration - Fallen Redwood Tree
# Texture - Dark Brown Mud
# Visitor Feeding Platform
Mission #2: Fishing With Dinosaurs

Cruise Tour

Keep The Coelophysis Enclosed For 5 Minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - Coelophysis
# Attraction - DinoCinema
# Attraction - Juice Bar
# Enclosure - Cretaous Cruise Tour
Mission #3: In The Desert

including Texture and Decorations.

Enclosed For 5 Minutes
(Unlocks)
# Dinosaur - UtahRaptor
# Decoration - Large Cactus
# Decoration - Small Cactus
# Texture - Desert Orange Cracked Earth
Mission #4: Let It Snow

featuring the following Environments
  • Woodlands
  • Desert
  • Snowy Mountain

feature in those Paddocks (Woodlands, Arid & Tundra)

profit to £xxx amount
(Unlocks)
# Operations: Welcome Centre
# Decoration: Dead Tree
# Texture: Snowy Mountain Rocky
Completion
# Unlock Sandbox - Sanctuary Island
# Texture: Sand
Overview
New Dino:

New Enclosure Builds

New Attractions

New Decorations

New Textures

New Sandbox Island

SIDE NOTES:
The DinoCinema Shows Sale Items

The DinoJuice Bar Sale Items

So what do you think?
Maybe the terrein tools and the other things releated to decorations have to be free

pretty good idea. I like the idea of a heavily terrain tool/decor focused dlc considering this could be for all we know the last big dlc (hopefully not). Really like the suaropod feeding platform too would go well with raised walkways.

pretty good idea. I like the idea of a heavily terrain tool/decor focused dlc considering this could be for all we know the last big dlc (hopefully not). Really like the suaropod feeding platform too would go well with raised walkways.

I was looking at the map the Jurassic World Map released for the first world movie and there is a number of locations that haven't been transferred over into this game, Imax Cinema for example but key ones like the saurapod feeding things would make them a little more interesting to add to the game.

I think if we get an Owen Grady DLC I'd like to see us have the ability to 'train' raptors in some way to hunt another target (dino) that we select ourselves. E.g. large carnivore breaks out - get the raptors out to take them down instead of using the ACU. And to do this you unlock OG's bike and have to manually select the target with the bike, then the raptors follow you and peel off closer to the target..... something like that?

I think if we get an Owen Grady DLC I'd like to see us have the ability to 'train' raptors in some way to hunt another target (dino) that we select ourselves. E.g. large carnivore breaks out - get the raptors out to take them down instead of using the ACU. And to do this you unlock OG's bike and have to manually select the target with the bike, then the raptors follow you and peel off closer to the target..... something like that?

I wouldnt be surprised if something like this isnt in store for the a big DLC. with each big dlc being a major character from JW it would only be logical that the next would be Owen Grady and if that was the case it would probably be very raptor focused. Wouldnt be surprised if all the JW movie skins came out along with it and thats why they have been holding out on them for so long (yes I know the whole "blue or X raptor is a character" statement). However.......

Something I have been wondering though is that the 4chan leak has been 100% right so far on many things Frontier has been working on. If the leak is true and this big dlc is Jp '93 focused I think it will have a different character other than Owen Grady. It would not make any sense to have Owen part of a '93 dlc when he was never in any of those movies where as Ian Malcom, a character in both the JP and JW franchises and already in the game would probably be the best candidate. It would fit perfectly to go back to the original Isla Nublar park and even the red wood forests where Malcolm was present to see the events unfold as they did and guide you through the campaign.

You can name it whatever you like, it's still a thread with multiple ideas, but don't worry, community managers and some of the developers also read this forum.
Can you garentee they read my POST lol? also do you have any jobs - id have to work from home and be based in the UK... hahaha - I just love the franchise...

Moved to Jurassic World Evolution Discussions.
The Ideas & Feature Requests forum are meant for asking only one idea per thread.

Can you please show me where this forum rule is written?
I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:
Can you please show me where this forum rule is written?
I can't seem to find it.
It's in the forum description at the top.
I do have to say that it was changed when switching forum software but it's added again.
The rule about one idea per thread was always in effect in that forum, ever since people started to make wishlists and adding other ideas in their OP.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Thanks, didn't see that, it's quite unnoticable.

Sorry I posted this in the thread, just found it a bit strange. Can't wait for this rule to be applied to all suggestion forums though.

Top Bottom