The No Man's Sky Thread

I thought Vulcan improved framerates for everyone by reducing CPU draw calls?
Yep.. it should. I think they are going to change the graphics engine in Star Citizen to support vulcan at some point. They said they can support 10x the amount of draw calls after vulcan upgrade. This should help improve the lods on planets such as Arccorp.

I think it will look stunning in VR
Agreed. I played a little today and noticed a few areas looked a little polished, or at least had more depth to them. The ground terrain on the planet I am on, and the 'chunks' that fly towards you when using a terrain manipulator to mine gold was another bit I noticed looked different, and I'm keen to see that effect in VR

I was looking at the inside of my ship and thinking how HG have downgraded the interiors. I have the same cockpit now as in this video from 2016, it looked way better back then (first 10secs of the video):

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk4FBTUxRZk

Now I know the new update coming this summer, looks like it is going to have a major overhaul of ship/vehicle interiors, based on the last HG vid. But it was just interesting to see the difference in cockpit interiors from the launch till now.

____

Video from today inside my ship.. Looks a little like the interior of a Lada I had back in the late 70's. ;)
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=951hUfeJsTQ

Last edited:
I've done the BETA. I think it looks nicer, performance is a little better. Hard to see anything to dislike, really.
Cool. Because I like to play NMS on my laptop and it's been a little lacking in performance in the past and have to run on lower settings. It'll be interesting to see the change.

It's hardly night-and-day but it's a handy extra few FPS. It should have the greatest benefit to AMD* cards, but NVidia and Intel should also get an improvement.

*Vulkan is based on AMD's Mantel API. So this is slightly friendlier to AMD GPUs. Slightly.

Any rumors about the Beyond release date?
Hello Games have put out a call for people to send their NMS save files in to them, which is something they did close to the NEXT update last year, so that might mean it's close...

... but last year I think they'd already announced the NEXT launch date when they called for save files so it might mean nothing.

Bummer. I did see something mentioned in one article but can't find it now. July, I think they claimed, but it might be speculation rather than insider info.
I'll settle for July speculation, mate, as I'm in Canada for the rest of this month and can't game until I go home anyway!

Super looking forward to this

I'm still stuck in what became my perpetual 'wait for latest update, then give it a good few months of patches, before diving back in'.

Each time i get close to starting up playing again, Hello Games seem to release a new big update and i have to wait again! one day, one day i will play NMS again............

I'm still stuck in what became my perpetual 'wait for latest update, then give it a good few months of patches, before diving back in'.

Each time i get close to starting up playing again, Hello Games seem to release a new big update and i have to wait again! one day, one day i will play NMS again............
But... but... then you never had the chance to try out all the new bugs! :D

Indeed. Life is just too darn short to waste my time messing around with bugs (unless that was my job off course!). It is part of the 'problem' of being a modern day gamer.

Top Bottom