The No Man's Sky Thread

Had Sean not been the micro manager he is an hired a PR person to pimp his product, not of the negativity would have happen. But he's a micro manager and as such no one can do as well as they can, which subsequently went nuts. Considering the size of the company and the work they been doing to get past the first days fisacos. If Sean can manage to stay away from PR. Their games is going to be next to none other like it.
Look at the number of people working on Ed and compare it to those at NMS. If ED had the same dedication and free will to get past the "DAVID", ED would be the game of games.
I agree completely.
It doesn't serve anything or anyone however to get stuck in the past as some do and keep looking at what went wrong at the release of NMS. It's a very enjoyable game right now and there's yet more to come this summer, not late 2020.

Hello Games is indeed just a small team, just like Little Green Men (LGM) making Starpoint Gemini, their latest itteration is gonna look a bit more like ED, first or third person flight with a smaller ship instead of capital ship management.
You can visit stations/planets and locations on those stations/planets, bars etc.
It's amazing what those small incredibly inspired teams can do.
The contrast compared to Fdev is quite present.
ED might have a huge sandbox/galaxy but if there's nothing to do then what's the use?

I think just like you that if Fdev was as inspired and creative as those small teams ED would've been souvereign.

I agree completely.
It doesn't serve anything or anyone however to get stuck in the past as some do and keep looking at what went wrong at the release of NMS. It's a very enjoyable game right now and there's yet more to come this summer, not late 2020.
I think one huge advantage HG has over FDev regarding their games is that NMS has a cartoon feel to it and not trying to be realistic. It only have to be believable, while ED has to be more than that. So that plays a lot into HG's favor.

No, I don't think the art style of NMS makes it easy for them, dev wise. I would think it makes it much harder for HG overall. FDEV rely on realistic look (or near), of which the skybox'sssss play a big part. Planetside is obviously different, but there again, HG have the task of water, caves, flora and fauna etc. More or less dead planets with dust, rocks etc, aren't really such a push. Some of the Space Engineers mod planets would go up against ED's planets, just a lack of dust blowing, which is a shame for SE.

I know HG put all this over to PG and the math's I suppose, but still, the tech has to be there for it to work. So overall HG have a more difficult job I would say.
But there again, I'm no dev.. ;)

Plus we'll not talk about 'scale', that just doesn't exist in ED really. :whistle:

Still don't care and I hold no grudge.

Played at launch and enjoyed it, played after each patch and enjoyed it, no pain was felt due to the lack of features I didn't miss or care about at the time of launch, and I didn't buy the game based on those supposed features/'promises'

Looking forward to VR!

Top Bottom