The No Man's Sky Thread

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Am I missing something or the surface sites we visit do not get a "visited" mark? I remember this from my previous playruns and seems it is still making me waste lots of time and resources. Maybe there is a way to tell that I have never realized?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Another question for the wise amongst you: I am trying to locate minor settlements (see if I can find drop pod coordinate data there as before) but the signal boosters do not seem to help with that now. The wiki suggests I can use navigational data with them but when I deploy and use a signal booster there is no menu option to use the navigational data with it. What gives?

Another question for the wise amongst you: I am trying to locate minor settlements (see if I can find drop pod coordinate data there as before) but the signal boosters do not seem to help with that now. The wiki suggests I can use navigational data with them but when I deploy and use a signal booster there is no menu option to use the navigational data with it. What gives?
Exocraft scanners upgrades replace them in updates... no longer use signal boosters. with nav data... so pass

Im not an expert at all, but i think its rng what the signal booster picks up, out of the 3 options. I figured that you would just move to another spot at some distance away and just try again? Also there seems to be waypoints (or whatever those tall towers are) which locate settlements after you go to them also which boosters pick up.

Yeah, I think calling the ship was a bad idea.
They have made it much easier in many cases from day one release. But that was to attract more players I guess. There again they have added much more so..
But calling ships is not good really. Takes away a lot of survival needs. Although it has a radius I think.. But still.. Too easy..
I still remember the first few hours of gameplay. My dude died multiple times to poison rain, scorching heat, radioactive storms.
I remember how chuffed I was just to get the spacecraft working and the freedom I felt the first flight I made and retraced my steps back in the spacecraft to where he first spawned.

I was shocked at how short the journey on foot seemed in a spacecraft (literally 30 seconds, but it had taken a couple of hours of gameplay to cover the distance on foot, ducking for cover every minute or to due to "THERMAL PROTECTION FALLING!" or "EXTREME NIGHT RADIATION DETECTED!")

I restarted again last week and managed to get the ship up and running first time even though there was a boiling rain storm.

Personally I like the new skaybox and the dynamic clouds better although I admit that they are a bit "cheaper looking".

But mainly I just wanted to say - Dude, that's a kickass freighter you've got!
A Class 32/4 which was the upgrade from the free one after about 100 hours of play. One of the 'rescued' ones, it broke me to buy it at the time :)

Can you bring exocraft in your ship or summon? or are they tied to bases?
Exocraft can be built on any planet...
Drop pod data is a specific Item now... nav data does not equal the location any more the item given with drop pod data is a specific reward only... to go into signal booster.
normal signal booster usage is RNG you have to move location of the booster or it can just select another location you allready know...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Exocraft can be built on any planet...
Drop pod data is a specific Item now... nav data does not equal the location any more the item given with drop pod data is a specific reward only... to go into signal booster.
normal signal booster usage is RNG you have to move location of the booster or it can just select another location you allready know...
ah, you mean only via mission rewards?

ah, you mean only via mission rewards?
Thats the free way along with exocraft having direct access to a drop pod only scanner options... on the scanner when you press to open the exocrafts menu with down...
The other free way is Ancient Data Structures on planets..

Before the Nav data could be fed 1 at a time into the signal booster with multi choices of what to scan for, this no longer applies... its RNG now unless you have a Drop Pod Coordinate Data to feed it ...
Now to get drop pod data you must earn via missions. scan with Analysis Visor for Ancient Data Structures to pick them up or pay with credits at a planet base...

I wish they would give a sensibility pass to interacting with some alien vendors.

For instance I have 15 navigation data ready to be handed in to the cartography agent. To get the planetary data I want I have sit through the canned conversation 15 TIMES to do so. Why cant there be an option to "give all" and receive those 15 in one go. It's just not very fun.

I wish they would give a sensibility pass to interacting with some alien vendors.

For instance I have 15 navigation data ready to be handed in to the cartography agent. To get the planetary data I want I have sit through the canned conversation 15 TIMES to do so. Why cant there be an option to "give all" and receive those 15 in one go. It's just not very fun.
That, and I wish there were unique missions you could pick up by dialogues with random NPCs.

how stable is the game now after the update, I keep on meaning to get back into it after a hiatus but it seems there's a constant stream of patches. (not VRing btw)

I've had a bit of frame rate hitching. Not terrible and not always but it's there now and then.

The worst I've had is an instance of where my character lost focus and just started spinning wildly which required a task manager quit. It's not happened since in 30 hours play time.

Overall I'm happy

how stable is the game now after the update, I keep on meaning to get back into it after a hiatus but it seems there's a constant stream of patches. (not VRing btw)
Crashed for me tonight in my first attempt at trying it in VR. Just froze completely & had to kill with task manager. Think there's more work needed there.

Other than that, just the usual bugs people have reported - which are steadily getting fixed in these patches.

Generally pretty stable in 2D. Definitely playable.

That, and I wish there were unique missions you could pick up by dialogues with random NPCs.
I had a very strange "episode" with an NPC at a space station recently. Having said that, he looked a bit different from the normal random NPCs, and it was part of one of the main story lines.

Also, literally an hour ago I picked up a very large (random?) mission as part of a run-of-the-mill pirate attack in space. It's now listed as a Secondary Mission in the log. It's had me warp to a new system, tracking a strange signal from a long lost traveler. I'm on about step 4 of the mission and it's huge. Can't say much more without a Spoiler Alert. But the next step is for me to build something I had no idea even existed in NMS. One of those OMG moments, again. Perhaps everyone else knows about this thing from release/patch notes, but it's all new to me. :)

I've had three ctd's since the release of Beyond in about 17 hours of play. Kind of annoying, but nothing too bad.
I've had a bit of frame rate hitching. Not terrible and not always but it's there now and then.

The worst I've had is an instance of where my character lost focus and just started spinning wildly which required a task manager quit. It's not happened since in 30 hours play time.

Overall I'm happy
Crashed for me tonight in my first attempt at trying it in VR. Just froze completely & had to kill with task manager. Think there's more work needed there.

Other than that, just the usual bugs people have reported - which are steadily getting fixed in these patches.

Generally pretty stable in 2D. Definitely playable.
Thanks all, I think I'll hang on for a little bit longer for more stability.

Top Bottom