The No Man's Sky Thread

Anyone else getting huge big blocks of crappy shadows moving around?

also does anyone know of a program that'll let me assign different keys around (like joy2key...but just keys)?

'Hurrah', ten minutes in and the freezes are back. I'm 'overjoyed'.

:cry::cry::cry:

Edit: How is it possible that the galaxy map is STILL absolutely dreadful. Navigation/control/common sense STILL seems completely absent.... I despair when required to use it, and it is a major blocker to my enjoyment of the game, although it's far from the only example of inconsistent/incoherent controls....
Yeah, I'm completely lost in the gal map and I've barely gone anywhere. I can only imagine how bad it's going to be when I'm really ranging far and wide.

'Hurrah', ten minutes in and the freezes are back. I'm 'overjoyed'.

:cry::cry::cry:
I had regular freezes on the 3xperimental branch this weekend, but since switching back to the 'live' build the freezes have stopped. May be unrelated, but if you're using that branch, unless it offers something you can't live without, it might be worth reverting.

Edit: How is it possible that the galaxy map is STILL absolutely dreadful. Navigation/control/common sense STILL seems completely absent.... I despair when required to use it, and it is a major blocker to my enjoyment of the game, although it's far from the only example of inconsistent/incoherent controls.... the whole control paradigm needs to be rethought, from the top up and the bottom down. Sitting through the same inescapable dialogue 90% of the time is also grind - just saying.
Aye, the galaxy map in NMS leaves a lot to be desired - it's nowhere near as intuitive as that other space game. It also seems to be the only thing in NMS that has remained practically untouched since release. 🤷‍♀️ First thing I do when going into it is to right click, and that at least allows me to move... but if you're only checking systems out, it's very easy to warp to them by mistake.

Question for you NMS freaks out there.

I spent a very lazy bank holiday yesterday starting a game in 'Survival' mode. Not tried it before, so it was interesting.

Died fairly early on whilst trying to get the Hermetic Seal as part of the "fix up starship" quest. Prior to that, I'd been collecting materials furiously, but Sodium was hard to come by so I died in an ice storm. Still had lots of Ferrite, Oxygen and Carbon though, as well as a few other things.

When I died, I just waited for the storm to pass then did it again. It wasn't until I was off planet that I realised that my inventory was completely empty! At first I thought it was a bug... then it dawned on me... I didn't go back to my grave and restore lost inventory. D'oh! 🤦‍♀️

So, my question is, is that gone now? Is there a way of going back to your old graves once you leave the planet?

I have to say I must be really lucky. Which normally isn't the case, too. I've beed spared of all the bugs people are talking about, though I do feel for you.

I had one glitch, so far, but it was a funny one. Just as I was clicking "buy freighter" it simply disappeared, leaving me to die alone, floating in space. :LOL:

Honestly I don't know how somebody can play this (and Subnautica is the same) in the ironman mode. If the game contains even a single glitch that can kill you, no matter how careful you are, it's not worth the stress, imho.

.Discovered another change that I've been wanting for a very, very long time. When you get the freighter, the only way to save inside is to get to your starship and jump in and out. The save console couldn't be place inside the freighter before, but now you can. Finally, I can place a save point inside the freighter. Besides being able to sit in your own chairs, that's probably one of my most wanted features.
😊

Well, good news. I found an excellent abandoned ship, one looking very much like Serenity in Firefly. So I claimed it, patted myself on my back for my good fortune and toddled off planet to gather the necessary bits and bobs to patch the old girl up.

Bad news, when I returned some vile brigand had stolen her away. I knew I should have shoved a wheel-clamp on!

Hmmmmm I know the visuals are not to everyones taste, and i know the realism is, well, it isnt....... but I so hope one day I can do this on an ELW in ED

(complete with caves and tunnels)

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/cvma6f Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/cvma6f/really_starting_to_enjoy_the_flight_controls_in/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Yeah, it seems the flying might be more fun then it used to.. but I can't help but notice that horrible pop-in with the trees halfway through.

Bad news, when I returned some vile brigand had stolen her away. I knew I should have shoved a wheel-clamp on!
That's really strange, don't you have it in your collection anymore? I wasn't aware you can steal peoples' ships... Braben promised land :p Although that's probably a bug, not a deliberate fun gameplay mechanic ;-) It is possible that it simply de-spawned after you left. Check the quick menu, there is an option to summon craft, switch to ships and she should be there. If not... Have you backed up your save ? :D :D :D

I can't help but notice that horrible pop-in with the trees halfway through.
I used my old save at launch, and when I was in my freighter, adjacent walls materialised in front of my nose. THAT was unbearable. It got better since then (I think), but it was really bad. VR of course.

Top Bottom