The No Man's Sky Thread

How common are exploration ships to find in game? I've been playing around 60 hours and not seen one- either docked or crashed.
Go to a station in a Korvax system, preferably one with a decent economy and wait watching the ships that come and go. There will be a good number of exploration ships. I only had to wait about 10-15 minutes for my S-class ship. 660+ly range, with a couple of s-class boosters. Edit - Sorry 940+ly range. (I just checked)

Head to Vy'keen systems for combat ships and Gek systems for trading ships.

Last edited:
How is this game on Rift S these days.
It’s not ideal but playable. I have a 2080 super and it still regularly drops into ASW with medium settings. I’ve been trying out all the tweaks suggested on various forums but they don’t help much. I would have preferred to avoid steam to take that out of the equation but hey ho

Also, I really hate using the controllers for the ship

Last edited:
What's the specs on that fighter? I've got a little S-class myself, 14+7. Really need more internals for a good fighter though.
'A friend' has told me that you can edit pretty much all aspects of all your craft using the save-game editor.... ...and it's not really cheating as... erm... well, it's just not!!!

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, here are a few snaps...

Last edited:
Until I got a pc and installed NMS on it, I thought the Editor program would be cool. Once installed and utilizing all of its features, I'm almost completely indestructible and my weapons are all GOD mode. Only takes one shot to destroy most everything. Do I think it's a cheat; NO! But then I don't play in multi-play so there's no harm done.

Until I got a pc and installed NMS on it, I thought the Editor program would be cool. Once installed and utilizing all of its features, I'm almost completely indestructible and my weapons are all GOD mode. Only takes one shot to destroy most everything. Do I think it's a cheat; NO! But then I don't play in multi-play so there's no harm done.
I've.... my friend hasn't used the save editor for anything more than expanding inventory slots and adding a few resources when in mid-build. It's tinsy bit cheaty perhaps, but even with the advance mining tool resource gathering can get a bit tedious, and I'm they're not effecting anyone else's gameplay, so at worst only cheating 'themselves'.

One other thing you can do is to change the seed for any of your ships, and get a new looking ship (it doesn't change any other characteristics) - 'my friend' hasn't even used this, instead rather preferring the fun of the hunt.

I've.... my friend hasn't used the save editor for anything more than expanding inventory slots and adding a few resources when in mid-build. It's tinsy bit cheaty perhaps, but even with the advance mining tool resource gathering can get a bit tedious, and I'm they're not effecting anyone else's gameplay, so at worst only cheating 'themselves'.
There's a couple of things I do with the save editor, which are kinda cheaty, but who cares...

First is to expand a few cargo slots & inventory slots, because it's just a pain having to get them all in the game. Done it once on one save - don't feel the need to repeat.

Secondly, I also give myself a single S-class scanner upgrade, and a single S-class environment protection for each environment. 3 is the max for each, so I'm still leaving room for discovery. A single S-class movement upgrade also.

More than that, and I find I become "God" which ruins the fun slightly.

I also run a few mods, such as one to reduce launch requirements by 90%. I tend to skim around planets for a fair time, and land when I see something interesting... but a 25% fuel requirement scuppers that freedom. So I remove that limitation.

Lots of ways you can "cheat" in this game, whilst still keeping it a game.

I also run a few mods, such as one to reduce launch requirements by 90%. I tend to skim around planets for a fair time, and land when I see something interesting... but a 25% fuel requirement scuppers that freedom. So I remove that limitation.
I used to use this mod until I got the solar-refuel tech and the reduced take-off tech. I haven't had to refuel since in my explorer.

Interestingly (I believe) that an exploration craft's take-off cost is less than a fighter's which (if memory serves) is in turn less than that of a hauler. (...I read this somewhere on t'internet so it must be troof innit...)

I used to use this mod until I got the solar-refuel tech and the reduced take-off tech. I haven't had to refuel since in my explorer.

Interestingly (I believe) that an exploration craft's take-off cost is less than a fighter's which (if memory serves) is in turn less than that of a hauler. (...I read this somewhere on t'internet so it must be troof innit...)
Aye, Beyond made that part easier at least. I just prefer not to have to think about it much, or at all. Game for me is about exploration & having fun - not simply resource gathering. So anything that gets in the way of that gets modded out or tweaked in the save editor.

Call it "cheating" if you want - I don't care. 🤷‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

'A friend' has told me that you can edit pretty much all aspects of all your craft using the save-game editor.... ...and it's not really cheating as... erm... well, it's just not!!!

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, here are a few snaps...

I am actually aware of this, though I've only ever used one to delete "Big Ball" items that shouldn't get stuck in one's inventory, and as far as I know, hasn't been a problem in a while.

These are "developers".

Last edited:
Top Bottom