The No Man's Sky Thread

Okay that was stupid. Not knowing how to use the galaxy map really, i was going for ages. Well i do now :)

That wasn't funny :p

Done now. I guess it was memorable.

Another bonus.. i read in passing that if you decline your free freighter, you are supposed to reroll one on every jump.. know that this works now.. tempted to start again again even.

Little stuck on the expedition, to complete certain things for blueprints requires me to walk 12 hrs to some building. Stupid herox requirement for broken ship.
My main save is me ignoring all else for farming for stasis device & fusion ignitor for now.
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade frigate.
My main S grade explo ship is no slouch (900+ LY jumps), but I've always wanted to get an exotic.
Funny thing, pre release, I made fun of this game's graphics, and wasn't interested in it.
Waited for a number of years before buying it, but when they went to a linux release, and a sale, I bought it. 2 or 3 years ago?
It's a fun game, cartoon graphics aside, which I no longer see.

Last edited:
Currently use 3 ships...
1 ship =for everyday jumping...
2 ship =for wormhole travel with minimum items fitted this way very little can be damaged in the wormhole jump... save stupid repairs time.
3 ship = FC/capital ship. jumps greater distances than personal ships per each hypercore getting to next wormhole in a single jump with capital ship...

Little stuck on the expedition, to complete certain things for blueprints requires me to walk 12 hrs to some building. Stupid herox requirement for broken ship.
My main save is me ignoring all else for farming for stasis device & fusion ignitor for now.
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade freighter.
My main S grade explo ship is no slouch (900+ LY jumps), but I've always wanted to get an exotic.
Funny thing, pre release, I made fun of this game's graphics, and wasn't interested in it.
Waited for a number of years before buying it, but when they went to a linux release, and a sale, I bought it. 2 or 3 years ago?

Yeah i like it how after a while you stop seeing the cartoons. For the expedition, make the bike exocraft (the planet has silver) and install all the useful upgrades, including scanner range (dont forget to make the scanner as well like i did). Then use the x menu to find a trade outpost and drive there. Also it seems there's a bug in placing the exocraft dispenser items.. they only work outside your base. I put them down and made a new one around it. For me it was great because someone decided to clean up their base and i was able to do it right next to my ship.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
After heading to a wealthy state system, spent an hour hoping an exotic would spawn, no luck, so instead spent 45M on a A freighter, and 12M(?) on a S trade freighter.
One of the first blueprints I try to buy/get from the Anomaly base building station is one of the faster land vehicles (like the Roamer). Not only does it help moving around faster, but it gives you extra storage and with a few upgrades protects you from the storms. And when you add the scanner modules, you can scan for drop pods where you can upgrade your suit storage. You have the backpack, your spaceship, and the roamer, then you can survive anything. :D

Found the weirdest rock formation I've seen so far:
34B2C605F0C5545BA142B8F8670E22718064EA68

9B0E57A3722EB2445A53B63A2A44FAC9EC089CD5

The Twitch drops are quite neat. A new save and I have at my disposal A class Fighter, Shuttle and Hauler just by having a twitch stream running on my laptop in the corner for three hours a day. Two more days brings an Explorer and then a "Silver Fighter". Along with the other gubbins it is quite tasty.

BTW - is there any way to modify one of these "companion" eggs to turn them into that living-ship-type?

Does anyone have any idea how the free starter ship in the expedition works? Mine is white with no fins of any kind.. but the only images i've seen from other people are completely different. I tried starting a new expedition a few times and it was always the same.

Im plotting world domination at the moment. Thinking about starting another save getting in all i know, but wondering how to do it. Not that easy, because every save i have has those rng moments where you get a huge boost of something that you consider uncommon.

More noob questions:

• On my expedition save, i seem to have picked up an A class freighter 33/9 that looks like a mid side star destroyer. Is that any good? If you keep trying for a better free one is finding a better one reasonable? It wasn't that hard to do.. on the expedition save, after a few jumps i got the battle, which you save the ship, go on board and ask to get paid instead, then every subsequent jump had another battle with another ship. I just accepted that one without thinking because i wanted to get back on the expedition..
  • Is it possible to get the story missions on an expedition save (after it converts?) and how do pick them up without a starting landing zone.

Thanks for any advice.

......... Thinking about starting another save getting in all i know, but wondering how to do it. Not that easy, because every save i have has those rng moments where you get a huge boost of something that you consider uncommon.

Even with the 15 saves now available? How do you keep track of them, is there a way of naming a save for example?

Even with the 15 saves now available? How do you keep track of them, is there a way of naming a save for example?

At the moment i've only got one active save. All the prior were from the learning a bit -> giving up -> starting again and getting a bit further cycle.

That art style is a real barrier to entry. Only in the last few months have been appreciating how much i enjoy the rest of it... and coming around to the graphics after the next gen update even.

EDIT: Just to make the story, the other one i was thinking of was a ps4 save.. while i was on the nexus someone just walked up to me and gave me 15 million worth of mats.. at the time that was the most money i had on any account ps4 and pc.. so a bit sentimental. Not really.

Last edited:
Wow. Yesterday was intense.

Yellow Guy is now Rainbow Guy, after I finally found the customizations. All this time I've been playing, and I've only been using half of a space station...

Busy building my sample base. It makes sense to stay with one save. Keeping my old saves, but not using them. I've been digging out a cavern for an underground setup. Radiation is the main problem on my base world. I can deal with heat and radiation better than with a toxic atmosphere. Fortunately, there aren't too many sentinels. Those guys are annoying.

Top Bottom