The No Man's Sky Thread

Patches incoming... just incase you wonder why your web browser craps out..
https://www.nomanssky.com/2021/10/emergence-patch-3-71/
I was just going to post about this too. Several issues I've had are (hopefully, supposedly) fixed in this. Deleting a portal deletes a bunch of other surrounding objects (without giving full materials back), and sitting in the air in chairs has been a problem for a long while (since last expedition), and other problems. So I'm excited to get back in. Finished Expedition 4 the other day. Getting my very own flying worm pet that I can ride, totally worth it.
C7749BEF5A1111EC3A8753A1F9F18B0C6B07EC3F

It's a shame the pet worms fly so slow. I wonder if you can genetically engineer them to be faster.

I quite enjoyed how fast my robot pet carried me from place to place, never tried this with other "creatures".

BTW - Is it some sort of sick humour that made the weekend quicksilver mission gathering poo? Still, a fast and easy way to get some quicksilver.

I quite enjoyed how fast my robot pet carried me from place to place, never tried this with other "creatures".

BTW - Is it some sort of sick humour that made the weekend quicksilver mission gathering poo? Still, a fast and easy way to get some quicksilver.
LOL. Yeah, quite unusual mission. Had a bunch of Mordite that I "refined" to Crapite (as it used to be called), and mission done. Didn't take long time at all.

Yesterday, I discovered something about flying on pets. If the pet is on the ground when you climb on, it stays on the ground. The beatle just crawls along like a robot but the worm goes underground, which is not a very pleasant experience. In either case, you can jump off and wait for the pet to go airborne, then climb on again.

That's awesome news. Expeditions 3 & 4 were great, but I missed 1 & 2 due to not quite realising what expeditions were.

In fact since completing #4 I decided to restart the game afresh, and thoroughly enjoying it, moreso than in 2016. I've just found a paradise world which ticked a zillion boxes:
No sentinels or storms
Beautiful beach, lake, mountain and poolside location (must show screenies later)
Right next to trading post, outpost, crashed freighter, all within 500 units of new base
The trading post has the first Exotic ship I've found for this save
S class EM energy source within 200 units of base

It's like the jackpot of base locations, discovered after about 50 warps. For the first time, I intend to make a proper base with all the bells and whistles. :)

Last edited:
Nothing new in the new game options. Sorry guys this might end up being fake news or a hoax.

No it seems genuine enough, Sean says:

Last edited:
Nothing new in the new game options. Sorry guys this might end up being fake news or a hoax.

They've maybe not been activated yet. Eurogamer is pretty reliable most of the time. For those who can't open the link, the relevant bit is quoted below.

All four Expeditions will be cycled back into No Man's Sky in chronological order, with players having two weeks to complete each one before before it makes way for the next. Expedition 1 (Pioneers) will be available from tomorrow, 24th November, until 7th December, and the Normandy is up for grabs again as part of Expedition 2, returning from 8th-21st December. Expedition 3 (Cartographers) is back between 22nd December and 4th January, and Expedition 4 (Emergence) makes a big, noisy entrance from 5th-19th January.

"This marks the end of 2021," writes Hello Games, "which has been another busy year for our small team, as we celebrated No Man's Sky's 5th anniversary with four major updates! This now takes us to 17 large releases, as well as countless smaller updates, community requests, and hotfixes...We are very proud to have been on this adventure with you, and humbled that we are able to continue taking No Man's Sky to new and exciting places...Already work has started on some exciting plans for 2022 and there are no signs of us slowing."

Top Bottom