The No Man's Sky Thread

In a way, I think they could have these expeditions available all the time, or do what they're doing now, restarting them once a year, because there will be new players coming in over time who would like to do them.

Last edited:
Updates in coming...
6.6GB for PS4
So that might explain the delay.... in restarting EXP1..

As a one off, we wanted to give people who missed out on any of this year’s expeditions another chance to experience the unique challenges and rewards they offered over this Thanksgiving and Christmas period, when life slows down a bit and hopefully gives us all more free time! We’ve even managed to bring back the Normandy as a reward for those who missed out, which I know so many have asked for.

Last edited:
Expedition #1 started... here we go. :)

Plenty of other players (and their ships), even on GOG...

aaa1.jpg

Expedition #1 started... here we go. :)

Plenty of other players (and their ships), even on GOG...

View attachment 276929

Yeah - and it was only when I was most of the way back down from there that I remembered you can refine condensed carbon so didn't need to go hunting for it. Back up that darn mountain again!

Neat that you can get rewards from milestones out of sequence - now I am in that S-class explorer already and not even finished phase 1.

Each expedition will run for two weeks, and they have been tweaked to account for this shorter time window. Each expedition has also been given a new starting planet and route through the galaxy...

They have been made very easy compared to the first edition of EXP1 V1... argh... EXP 1 V2 is way easier....

Hum
Yep, this is the end goal free ship on the right... You can import the ship into the next expos, once you jump from the first system which gives you access to the anomaly which let you access this reward ...
Yes you have to bin a ship if your stock is full... Thats bad...
FFDJiPHXoAEO9h-

Hum
Yep, this is the end goal free ship on the right... You can import the ship into the next expos, once you jump from the first system which gives you access to the anomaly which let you access this reward ...
Yes you have to bin a ship if your stock is full... Thats bad...
FFDJiPHXoAEO9h-
I'd rather have the one on the left.

Each expedition will run for two weeks, and they have been tweaked to account for this shorter time window. Each expedition has also been given a new starting planet and route through the galaxy...

They have been made very easy compared to the first edition of EXP1 V1... argh... EXP 1 V2 is way easier....

I'm curious. Do you know what the changes are (approximately) compared to the original? Or does anyone else know?

I note the "new" Exp 1 still seems quite time consuming, as I see they require fleet expeditions and growing/harvesting flora - all with considerable wait times. I suspect the original expedition required more of each?

I'm curious. Do you know what the changes are (approximately) compared to the original? Or does anyone else know?

I note the "new" Exp 1 still seems quite time consuming, as I see they require fleet expeditions and growing/harvesting flora - all with considerable wait times. I suspect the original expedition required more of each?
Every Quest collection number has been lowered
Find this number of ? Systems lowered
Travel to these number of locations has been lowered...
Collect this item for this many is lowered...

Edit = Growing is a none issue as it lists real world time that still counts when game is off, plants still grow with game off...
Edit 2 = fleets were none issue as there are short missions and again fleets run in real world time so still run when game off..

Did not do Exp 1 V1 to completion first time as those were to high...
Completed Exp 1 V2 already so much shorter...

Last edited:
Every Quest collection number has been lowered
Find this number of ? Systems lowered
Travel to these number of locations has been lowered...
Collect this item for this many is lowered...

Edit = Growing is a none issue as it lists real world time that still counts when game is off, plants still grow with game off...
Edit 2 = fleets were none issue as there are short missions and again fleets run in real world time so still run when game off..

Did not do Exp 1 V1 to completion first time as those were to high...
Completed Exp 1 V2 already so much shorter...

Expedition completed. It was mostly very good. And nice to have access to the new ship now. In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.

Expedition completed. It was mostly very good. And nice to have access to the new ship now. In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.
Was...
30 guild points
All these below are now lowered and no longer these values in version 2
30 whispering eggs
Eliminate 50 sentinels..
Chart 60 waypoints on planets
Collect 50 storm crystals…

Discover 35 undiscovered systems.
Collect 10 ancient artifacts

Farm 35 plants
Explore 10,000 on foot
Discover 20 Creatures
Complete 15 fleet expeditions

Yep these were the grinds in version 1.

... In the end there was only one really grindy sub-mission... gaining exploration rank 16. It's just too many missions. I hate to think what the original required.

Agreed. I never liked those missions since the Nexus ones are so much better. Explorers Guild rank is basically useless. I only want to rank up in order to complete this milestone and nothing else. If there was something else in the normal game, such as, reach rank 50 to unlock this unique explorer starship. I would probably do it.

Top Bottom