Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Yep, it's impressive and I will be keeping an eye on that.
But looking forward more to seeing what procedural content in E : D is like :)

Its even more impressive when you realise its being developed by just 4 guys!

With Braben's passion for and past experience with procedural generation, backed by the talent a full professional development studio can bring to the table, I think Elite's procedurally generated galaxy and the content within it is going to be mind blowing.

I think the graphics in No Man's Sky are good, not great, and the colours overly vibrant, but the PG content, from the sealife, to the fireflys, to the giant sandworms, and all the environmental content inbetween is really impressive from a 4-man dev team :smilie:

They beat us to it. planetary landings

has this game just beaten Elite dangerous with its seamless procedural generated universe. this vid begins beneath the oceans then into outaspace.

has this game just beaten Elite dangerous with its seamless procedural generated universe. this vid begins beneath the oceans then into outaspace.

Its impressive' 2nd time today. There is at least one other thread with this. Demonstrate how people feel about it :)

AFAIK we know little about this game other than what's in the video?
It could be further out than Elite:Dangerous is.
Definitely looks impressive and one to watch, but still a lot to learn about it. I'm pretty hopeful that E : D will blow us away with it's procedural worlds too.

For consoles only. No release date. Small universe. Everything seems kinda dated and cartoonish (could be graphics style).

Concept is cool though.

was impressed with the ocean life and then flying into space, sure it will probably be a very different game to Elite, FD have not given us a time frame for the Planetary landing expansion pack but if this video is anything to go by then I have high hope for Elite's Future.

It's going to be a good few years for space sims...

No Man's Sky
is a Sci-Fi game currently in development by Hello Games.

http://kotaku.com/wow-no-mans-sky-just-stole-the-show-at-the-vgx-1478802599

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/7/5186774/exploration-sim-no-mans-sky-coming-from-hello-games

:)

Go Elite:Dangerous!

Looks interesting.. I like the worms and the bit where he blows a hole in an asteroid and goes through it. :)

Call me cynical but isn't it a little bit weird that all of a sudden every man and his dog is making a space game?

Beaten Elite? Well, the Elite series had a seamless procedurally generated universe 20 years ago...so no. ;)

It does indeed look very nice (as I've said in other threads), but I'm certain ED will go above and beyond this when these features are finally implemented fully. That doesn't mean No Man's Sky is bad in any way and I'm certainly going to try it out. (Unless it's console only...it's a bit unclear at the moment.)

Absolutely love the fact that all the awesome space games are coming out though!!! :smilie::smilie:

It can't have "beaten" Elite to anything until it's actually out :p

In the video also the transition doesn't look entirely seamless - it looks like they may be using cloud cover to hide a fake transition. I'm not convinced until they show it in reverse, with surface features seen from orbit scaling up seamlessly into a flyable 3D landscape. There's also no way the station and asteroids could be orbiting that close to the planet, which indicates the sizes of planets and distances probably aren't to scale.

Not that it can't still be a cool game.

Top Bottom