Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Looking fantastic on the planets, you can see the retro sci-fi influence. Space on the other hand looks tiny.

Seems to be a planet explorer rather than a space game, but obviously there is room for space content too.

I'm always excited for a procedurally generated game world with gameplay focused on exploration :)

It does look good, but I'm very concerned (tm) about whether it will actually have any interesting gameplay going on. From the trailer, it didn't really seem that you were *doing* anything interesting, and just flying between planets and seeing what the pseudorandom generator gives you.. it might get old within a day or two.

Give us Rime, and we'll consider your request :)

screw that..... I take that and raise you Destiny, along with Forza 5, Gears 4 and the new Demon Souls but not demon souls game (ohh and last of us & uncharted).

Whether we like it or not, as long as 1 platform is going to have exclusive IP, they all do, which kind of sucks as there are a lot of playstation (and a handful of XB1) titles which I would love to come to PC.

I technically would not begrudge console gamers getting a port of Elite after it is finished on the PC and Mac (Mac must come before console as it was a stretch goal), but I think it would be a loss to pc gaming to lose the IP to the console masses.

I'd rather them not look like this, but offer a bit more realistic scale.
I hope for an impressive and fun to play phase requiring a little skill. Something between Rodina's reentry procedure and Prometheus landing scene: fighting with angle, speed and heat to enter atmosphere then gliding through wind turbulences, clouds and storms.

I must admit I am not a fan of the visual style of NMS, however considering the size of the Dev team, I think its amazing.

I shall certainly be throwing some cash at it if it comes to PC.

I'd be very happy if Elite would give me a few lush alien planets like shown in the latest video.

NMS is very exiting, but as it is an online only MMO type of game I am out.

impressive.. impressive..

all those creatures, all those details, so various, so incredibly different from each ones...

i am truly shocked by this game so far.

all those creatures, all those details, so various, so incredibly different from each ones...

Slowly, but surely I can see a PS4 upgrade down the line... But not until they support all the PS3 games I own - through their Playstation Now streaming service.

:)

Yep, there's masterfully hidden transition from space into planet. I hope ED will have a a gradual transition with gravity effects and ability to orbit a planet ...oh *goes back to play Pioneer*

Not there so far. I'd be impressed if they showed how their life generation engine would produce different life forms. So far they are all earth based.

Not there so far. I'd be impressed if they showed how their life generation engine would produce different life forms. So far they are all earth based.

There is an interesting theory that creatures on different planets would be no much different than already very variable creatures on Earth. Reason given was that rules of physics are same everywhere resulting in creatures developing similar design features.
Of course that would be true for all carbon-based creatures. For non-carbon creatures the story would most likely be different though.

There's something nagging at me with No Man's Sky, something's not quite right. The saying "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" keeps coming up when I look at No Man's Sky.

Top Bottom