Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Yes it's today. But "don't play on patch day" is still applicable!
Download size for PS4 is 11.011GB (ref)

The Xbox update is 8.99gb.
Just started it up and wow, everything looks much more crispier and detailed.
Lots of qol updates, scanning creatures is much easier now.
It's only a first impression but I'm very excited already.

HG realy did some fine work on this update, no bugs found so far.

WOW, there is sooooooooo much in the patch notes!! Talk about delivering content to a game... HG really deserves major props for this achievement. What other game out there has this much to offer in a single interface....? Patiently awaiting my steam client to note update to begin, but after reading the patch notes, simply amazed how much HG has packed into this update (with VR to boot!). The bar has really been set here for breadth and hopefully depth offered in a single game, while wrapped in the experience of VR!

And icing on cake, is its all FREE/included in existing game package! Simply, WOW!

The Xbox update is 8.99gb.
Just started it up and wow, everything looks much more crispier and detailed.
Lots of qol updates, scanning creatures is much easier now.
It's only a first impression but I'm very excited already.

HG realy did some fine work on this update, no bugs found so far.
Makes a change for Consoles to get it first :) Still waiting for Steam to update....

Same, though reading the first reports from people on the PS4 I am lowering my expectations for the unpatched Beyond experience. :p
See what you mean... PS4 VR crashing in the Nexus... Doesn't bode well for all the mixed hardware us PC users have. Assuming Steam ever get their act together and post the update today :p

I imagine their Cloud Servers will go into meltdown anyway...

Haven't got it yet (Steam pc), but looking at others that have and reading those updates notes etc.. HG have done a great job, I just really want to get in now and see.
The ship cockpits plus first person driving are great now.. Looking good.

Plus, Plus... More uniterrupted exploring................. Well that is a massive yes from me.. :)

Haven't got it yet (Steam pc), but looking at others that have and reading those updates notes etc.. HG have done a great job, I just really want to get in now and see.
The ship cockpits plus first person driving are great now.. Looking good.

Plus, Plus... More uniterrupted exploring................. Well that is a massive yes from me.. :)
Haven't got my Steam update either yet. Heard somewhere it's going to be 1 PM USA time (but what timezone?). Not sure if that's true. It's probably some policy with Steam or maybe distribution issue to all Steam users. We'll see. I had the morning to try it out and will be busy the rest of the day. Maybe there'll be some time to test it tomorrow (if it's out yet).

What kinda problems have they found?

Lots and lots and lots of crashes. For example there is a persistent crash when entering the space anomaly. HG updated the internal steam version 12 hours ago, but then replaced it with a newer build for hours ago. Still not released, and it seems they are putting in crunch time for major last minute fixes...

I don't mind initial problems, I know HG tend to sort them out pretty good.

I hope there is more head movement for pc players (without VR ;)), it was very limited before. Obviously those with vr are going to get the best look.. :D

Lots and lots and lots of crashes. For example there is a persistent crash when entering the space anomaly. HG updated the internal steam version 12 hours ago, but then replaced it with a newer build for hours ago. Still not released, and it seems they are putting in crunch time for major last minute fixes...
Ah. Doesn't surprise me. It was kind'a expected. Considering they change a lot of stuff. It probably would have been better if they stuck to the original plan to release each update separately instead of a huge major one. The amount of problems could hurt their reputation again. Hopefully they're fixing the bugs fast.

Top Bottom